Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Thursday Night Football should be labeled "Thursday Night ****show."
    Has every Thursday Night game been terrible this year?

I am forced to admit I can't watch the NFL anymore and I can barely watch college. Football is just so incredibly boring.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Has every Thursday Night game been terrible this year?

I am forced to admit I can't watch the NFL anymore and I can barely watch college. Football is just so incredibly boring.
      I don't watch Thur night football but I just came across this article,

At what point does Al Michaels take off the headset during the midst of whatever Thursday night laugher he’s been forced to call, and go full Michael Douglas in “Falling Down?”

Here we have the most-accomplished sports broadcaster of our lives, usually heard during the caliber of this weekend’s much-anticipated Buffalo-Kansas City showdown, calling a pathetic Commanders-Bears borefest on a weeknight streaming service.

Woof.

The NFL’s Thursday Night Football was getting better. Last season saw a number of intriguing matchups and games that seemed to suggest the league was getting more productive returns from its teams. The last two weeks would argue otherwise.

In Colts-Broncos and Commanders-Bears, the NFL delivered nationwide games normally reserved to hide in the 1 p.m. window on Sundays. And just wait until you see what’s to come over the next few weeks. Cardinals-Saints. Falcons-Panthers. The Jaguars and the Jets for the love of all things Must-See TV.

Then again, maybe it’s genius to give these stinkers to Prime Video, seeing the hassle there would be to flip the channel in order to find something more worthwhile to watch. That way we can all commiserate with Michaels about the terrible production we’re all forced to watch.

But somebody has to explain to me how Justin Fields and the pathetic Bears get back-to-back prime-time spots, next scheduled to play in Foxborough a week from Monday.

A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Wouldn’t you think that the Cleveland Browns would be shown here in Michigan? I would. Sadly CBS is showing the Baltimore Ravens here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Wouldn’t you think that the Cleveland Browns would be shown here in Michigan? I would. Sadly CBS is showing the Baltimore Ravens here.
          Given the blackout zones, I would not be surprised that there's enough overlap for the CBS Detroit channel into Ohio that they won't broadcast it.

Comment

• I didn't have the Vikings at *checks notes*, 5-1 to start. Could be 7-1 leading up to the Bill's game.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              I didn't have the Vikings at *checks notes*, 5-1 to start. Could be 7-1 leading up to the Bill's game.
              Yeah this is weird. Not a terribly inspiring team, but hey you don’t turn wins down. Also didn’t have the Packers losing to the Giants and Jets, even when remembering their offense has been gutted.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Yeah this is weird. Not a terribly inspiring team, but hey you don’t turn wins down. Also didn’t have the Packers losing to the Giants and Jets, even when remembering their offense has been gutted.
                last year they lost a shyt ton of games on last possession. They haven't been winning decisively (other than GB), but at least they have ended that trend. Now they have to start putting teams away. I wish Couisins had bigger balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I didn't have the Vikings at *checks notes*, 5-1 to start. Could be 7-1 leading up to the Bill's game.
                  Jets are 4-2 and 3rd in the AFC. It's 1969.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Their D looked very good today.

Comment

Tied for second best record in the AFC.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/i...a-ad489e901563

ROCKVILLE, Md. — Drew Shipley bought Washington Commanders season tickets this season for the first time, thinking it would be a fun thing for him to do with his girlfriend. He’s not as much of a fan anymore, after the team’s check bounced when it tried to pay him for winning more than $14,000 in a Fed Ex Field raffle.
                        Hell of an organization they got there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers.

Doesn't matter with Jimmy G under center.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• An actual football game on Thursday, Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers.

Doesn't matter with Jimmy G under center.
                              You mean the QB that took the team to the Super Bowl, and also beat Green Bay last year?

I don't get the Jimmy G hate- he may not be Tom Brady, but he's also better that most other QBs in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You mean the QB that took the team to the Super Bowl, and also beat Green Bay last year?

I don't get the Jimmy G hate- he may not be Tom Brady, but he's also better that most other QBs in the NFL.
                                I’ll give him the SB year, but he only threw for 131 and an interception last year against GB. That was SF’s special teams that won that game.

I agree with you that he gets more hate than he deserves. He’s an average QB, which unfortunately in today’s NFL means he’s terrible.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X