Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw you, that's a fun and underrated movie.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So, naturally, there's been a massive amount of sports coverage about Tua.

And the core problem is that he passed the protocol on Sunday, right- so he ends up getting a worse concussion from a lesser hit.

How in the world did he pass the protocol? Just looking at his reaction to the hit on Sunday, it almost seems that they didn't take that into account. Seems- as I don't know if there's a way you get up from a head hit- grasping for your head, shaking your head, stumbling to the ground- and it not being concussion related. I suppose it's possible- I just don't know. But even if he passed all of the questions and eye movement tests etc- how in the world do you not take that post hit motion into account? And if you did take it into account- how is that not a clear indicator of a head injury?

That all being said, I know of a pretty simple case of a head injury from a fall that was missed and almost killed a person until it was INSISTED to check the head. The lack of interaction was ignored, the stomach unease was called a food issue, etc- when I was told of the symptoms, it sure seemed obvious to me it was a clear head injury that was getting worse. But the doctors missed it for a month, letting blood build up against the brain to a very dangerous level. So doctors can't exactly be fully trusted. What should have been a pretty simple procedure ended up being an emergency one followed by a month of rehab.

Comment

Here come da shyt storm.

The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa during Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, a league source told ESPN's Marcel Louis-Jacques on Saturday.
        https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...es-source-says
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          All things considered, that's a pretty fair thing to do. Although, it did take a team effort to ignore the stumbling on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

All things considered, that's a pretty fair thing to do. Although, it did take a team effort to ignore the stumbling on the field.
            The perfect scapegoat, or patsie if you will.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Both New Orleans and Minnesota took turns trying to give that game away, to both deciding they cared in the final minutes. A double doink FG miss decided it in favor of the Vikings. Any time the Saints lose in dramatic fashion is a good week.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                The perfect scapegoat, or patsie if you will.
                Maybe not so much- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VV0...rianSuttererMD

This video goes though the process as outlined by the NFL- and while there's a clear no-go if there's instability- there's also a confusing set of notes about if the motor problems are neurological or not. Which is why it's such a big deal that there were claims of a back injury.

And here's my opinion that it's scapegoating or not- sure, there is some confusing language determining if it's a head injury or something else, but seeing Tua's reaction on Sunday, I'm personally confused WHY a doctor would think that he had a back injury. The immediate reaction was either grabbing for his head or whatever it's called when limbs freeze up (look close, it's borderline the same as Thursday), then as he got up, he shook his head, then stumbled down. Not once did he reach for his back.

So even IF there's bad language in the "what caused the instability"- I really fail to see how a reasonable doctor would honestly think it was a back or leg problem. And to me, even if the excuse is that you followed the procedure to the letter- and it is flawed- the calling the motor instability something other than a head injury is incredibly questionable.

Like I said before- I've personally seen mis-diagnosis of a head injury almost kill a person. And when I first heard the symptoms, my just engineering/science background immediately though real head injury and not stomach problems. So I'm aware that doctors make mistakes WRT head injuries.

Comment

It looks like another year of the Lions being 4-13, 5-12, mediocre instead of being spectacularly terrible.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    It looks like another year of the Lions being 4-13, 5-12, mediocre instead of being spectacularly terrible.
                    I think the defense is good for giving up a losing drive every game- it would take some actual creativity on offense to get a big enough lead the D can't blow.

Comment

And people thought Aaron Glenn would get a head coaching job. Lol
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So can we get over the concept that you will out work, out tough, out hustle, etc- every other team?

This is the biggest professional football league in the world- do you really think you won't meet another team that is willing to do exactly that much and then add in out prepare and out create to beat other teams? And the thing I really hate about "out tough" is that you ask players to put themselves extra into harms way, which leads to injuries. Which have ALWAY been a problem in Detroit.

Detroit sucks not because they are not tough and try hard. They suck because other coaches are smarter and can either see exactly what Detroit is doing, or they are just more prepared to let Detroit outplay themselves. Like on D- there was a lot of focus on the linebackers in the HBO thing- how fast and hardworking they are- but when you watch the game, you see that they are trying to win the game all on their own- which means they "over" every play- the worst being overplay- so they are nowhere near the gaps they are supposed to be protecting. And I look at the long haired guy as the worst- so many times Seattle was able to let him take himself totally out of the play that running was easy.

And the fact that they are asking the player to "out" everything than the other team- they REALLY, REALLY don't get the idea of being a team- setting up the other team so that the play can be made easily by someone. Sometimes, a player needs to go out and just occupy one of two of the blockers so that someone else gets free to make a play.

IMHO, this all starts at the top. Dan pretends that he can "out" everything in the 4th Q and win games- as if the rest of the NFL is lazy and not willing to work hard. Duh. Given how much Detroit is paying their players, there are certainly players and teams out there who are more than happy to work as hard AND be a team and do their jobs, let alone come up with a plan that confuses the crap out of the other team at every single point- making it a lot easier to win.

The NFL is not about out working and out toughing to win- it's about figuring out ways to win by doing the opposite- so that when equal effort and toughness is applied, winning happens.

Comment

The NFL is not about out working and out toughing to win- it's about figuring out ways to win by doing the opposite- so that when equal effort and toughness is applied, winning happens.
                          "The idea is to make the other poor bastard die for his country."
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So can we get over the concept that you will out work, out tough, out hustle, etc- every other team?

This is the biggest professional football league in the world- do you really think you won't meet another team that is willing to do exactly that much and then add in out prepare and out create to beat other teams? And the thing I really hate about "out tough" is that you ask players to put themselves extra into harms way, which leads to injuries. Which have ALWAY been a problem in Detroit.

Detroit sucks not because they are not tough and try hard. They suck because other coaches are smarter and can either see exactly what Detroit is doing, or they are just more prepared to let Detroit outplay themselves. Like on D- there was a lot of focus on the linebackers in the HBO thing- how fast and hardworking they are- but when you watch the game, you see that they are trying to win the game all on their own- which means they "over" every play- the worst being overplay- so they are nowhere near the gaps they are supposed to be protecting. And I look at the long haired guy as the worst- so many times Seattle was able to let him take himself totally out of the play that running was easy.

And the fact that they are asking the player to "out" everything than the other team- they REALLY, REALLY don't get the idea of being a team- setting up the other team so that the play can be made easily by someone. Sometimes, a player needs to go out and just occupy one of two of the blockers so that someone else gets free to make a play.

IMHO, this all starts at the top. Dan pretends that he can "out" everything in the 4th Q and win games- as if the rest of the NFL is lazy and not willing to work hard. Duh. Given how much Detroit is paying their players, there are certainly players and teams out there who are more than happy to work as hard AND be a team and do their jobs, let alone come up with a plan that confuses the crap out of the other team at every single point- making it a lot easier to win.

In the eyes of the world, the Lions will always have George Plimpton under center.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

In the eyes of the world, the Lions will always have George Plimpton under center.
                              Can confirm. And Gale Sayers will always be the Bears' RB.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-03-2022, 09:53 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

And Gale Sayers will always be the Bears' RB.
                                I think that's true outside the den, even since Sweetness. Inside the den, though . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X