Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Time for a new thread.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

I am always up for Lions-Browns.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Patriots RB James White retires. Having read about a hip subluxation it's no real surprise.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...is-retirement/
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Fate put these 2 players together.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/...0&h=600&crop=1

Comment

Watson gets 11 games.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Watson gets 11 games.
            Plus a $5 million fine.

Which is interesting because that gets around the way his contract was written in order for him to originally minimize any financial lose from a suspension.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Plus a $5 million fine.

Which is interesting because that gets around the way his contract was written in order for him to originally minimize any financial lose from a suspension.
              Does it?

His salary this year is about $402,000. He'll lose 11/17 of that, plus the $5 million.

If you took his contract and spread it out evenly over the full five years, instead of basically nothing in the first year and everything else spread evenly over the next four years, his salary would have been $36-37 million per. If he lost 11/17 of that he would have lost about $23 million.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

https://magazine.promomarketing.com/...lowndetail.png

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Does it?

His salary this year is about $402,000. He'll lose 11/17 of that, plus the $5 million.

If you took his contract and spread it out evenly over the full five years, instead of basically nothing in the first year and everything else spread evenly over the next four years, his salary would have been $36-37 million per. If he lost 11/17 of that he would have lost about $23 million.
                  I never said it equaled it. I said it gets around it.

The NFL had to do something because holy hell was being raised over how he didn’t lose any money with these suspensions. This is the first time a player has been fined for personal conduct reasons. In the past, the loss salary was enough of a fine.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

STUDY IT OUT! https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/bucca...heory-nfl-fans

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Fk him; punk biotch.

Comment

Bears go to 3-0 in preseason. Means nothing, but I'll take it. May be the only wins they get this year.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

J-E-T-S suck suck suck.

This is the year I am officially retiring my 12th man and bringing my talents to New Y--, er, Jersey.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I forgot they cut off the last preseason game on the schedule instead of the first. Seems odd teams will just be practicing for two weeks now.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

And damn Hard Knocks. It's a horrible thing to give Lions fans hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X