Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

    Does Russell Wilson suck now? Did the Seahawks do the right thing?
    In spades.

    It's kind of funny how the Brady/Stafford thing is being tried all over the NFL, and instead of getting the old star really cheap (LA didn't really give up that much), the are spending a LOT of money. And they are colossal failures.

    Not long ago, it was decided that we can end the NDSU experiment, but seeing how 4 time pro-bowl QB Matt Ryan looks at Indy- I think we should take that back. It's pretty clear Wentz wasn't the problem, as Ryan looks HORRIBLE out there.

    Both teams had zero serious blocking, and both previously HOF QB's where bashed and made terrible decisions.

    Actually, given the talk about how great Russell Wilson is supposed to be and how bad he is now, I honestly think this makes Stafford look like a HOF QB. He was the ONLY bright spot on a horrible Detroit franchise, making sure that Calvin Johnson got to the HOF. And when given an opportunity- he won it all. He's got as many SB wins as Wilson does. And Rogers.

    Comment


    • Games are going down to the wire in the NFL at an unprecedented rate.
      (stats are before last nights debacle)

      With a record 15 of 16 games last week within one score in the fourth quarter, the league is having the most competitive start to a season in its history.

      Of the 64 games, 50 of them have been within one score in the fourth quarter for the most ever through four weeks.

      There have been a record 23 games decided by three points or fewer and 38 decided by eight points or fewer, tied with the 2018 season for the most through four weeks.

      Sixteen games have been decided by a score in the final 2 minutes of regulation or in overtime, one shy of the record through four weeks set in 2012.

      The average point differential of 8.6 per game is the second lowest since the merger through weeks, trailing only 8.2 ppg differential in 1983.

      The close calls have led to tight standings throughout the league with this being the first time since 1990 that every team enters Week 5 with at least one win or one tie.

      There are 15 teams that are 2-2 so far this season, tying 2017 season for the most teams splitting their first four games. All four teams in the NFC West are 2-2. The only other time in the 21 seasons of the eight-division era that an entire division started 2-2 came in 2019 in the AFC South.





      A bad cause requires many words.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Games are going down to the wire in the NFL at an unprecedented rate.
        (stats are before last nights debacle)

        With a record 15 of 16 games last week within one score in the fourth quarter, the league is having the most competitive start to a season in its history.

        Of the 64 games, 50 of them have been within one score in the fourth quarter for the most ever through four weeks.

        There have been a record 23 games decided by three points or fewer and 38 decided by eight points or fewer, tied with the 2018 season for the most through four weeks.

        Sixteen games have been decided by a score in the final 2 minutes of regulation or in overtime, one shy of the record through four weeks set in 2012.

        The average point differential of 8.6 per game is the second lowest since the merger through weeks, trailing only 8.2 ppg differential in 1983.

        The close calls have led to tight standings throughout the league with this being the first time since 1990 that every team enters Week 5 with at least one win or one tie.

        There are 15 teams that are 2-2 so far this season, tying 2017 season for the most teams splitting their first four games. All four teams in the NFC West are 2-2. The only other time in the 21 seasons of the eight-division era that an entire division started 2-2 came in 2019 in the AFC South.




        Many ESPN interns died to bring us this information.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

        Comment


        • I don't care about competitive. I care about quality of play. A bunch of 9-3 score games with 7 punts and 4 int is competitive. But not very fun to watch.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

          Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            I don't care about competitive. I care about quality of play. A bunch of 9-3 score games with 7 punts and 4 int is competitive. But not very fun to watch.
            Yea, more games than I've expected have been pretty poorly played.

            It's one thing that the D is playing out of it's mind, but when you see really bad throws as well as shameful drops- that's just not entertaining.

            And it's just as bad when an average offence is able to just march down the field with no trouble. (I'm looking at you, Detroit D)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Many ESPN interns died
              It's a start.

              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Pro sports bore me nearly to tears however there are some exceptions:

                -MLB, NHL and NFL playoffs
                -The occasional Vikings game but when I am in SE Asia that's pretty rare no matter what

                The positive of watching sports however is that during visit home to MN in the fall of 2022 my dad I watched some games together that otherwise solo we never would have, and by sheer luck ended up being entertaining and compelling.

                I was not intending to come to this conclusion when I started this post, but I love my dad and am so very grateful to have had such an exceptional role model raise me. I miss him and need to make a phone call.

                Comment


                • The problem is they keep shoving Denver onto national TV. 4 weeks out of 6 by next Monday. No one needs to see this crap.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                  Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                  Comment


                  • We've secretly replaced the New York Giants with the San Francisco 49ers. Let's see if the Green Bay Packers will notice!
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                    Comment


                    • Lions showed some creativity. A creative way to get worse. Wow, they are bad. Instead of losing a close game with a bad D against a 3rd string QB, the offense decided to let the Pats defense outscore them 7 to nothing. Creative.....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                        Lions showed some creativity. A creative way to get worse. Wow, they are bad. Instead of losing a close game with a bad D against a 3rd string QB, the offense decided to let the Pats defense outscore them 7 to nothing. Creative.....
                        They're giving us fans what we want. New and creative ways to lose. I'm 100% convinced that is what the good people of Detroit expect when they turn on a Lions game.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

                        Comment


                        • I wonder if the Patriots can get a 3rd round pick for Mac Jones?
                          A bad cause requires many words.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bronco View Post

                            They're giving us fans what we want. New and creative ways to lose. I'm 100% convinced that is what the good people of Detroit expect when they turn on a Lions game.
                            Actually, as a Lions fan, I would love to see an ad from the Bernstein family saying we are entitled to significant financial compensation.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

                            Comment


                            • Matt Rhule out as Panthers coach.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Matt Rhule out as Panthers coach.
                                He's going to make a lot of money for a long time not working...
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X