Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Allegedly the Vikings stadium has been paid off 23 years early thanks to pull tab revenue far exceeding expectations. Gambling for the win!

    Alleged because I don't know the news source.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

    Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

    Comment


    • Jags considering using Daytona as a temporary home field while their stadium goes under renovations. Wouldn't be the first time Daytona hosted football as Bethune-Cookman played a few games there in the 70s.

      https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/166...691421696?s=20
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

      1966, 1986, 2007

      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Allegedly the Vikings stadium has been paid off 23 years early thanks to pull tab revenue far exceeding expectations. Gambling for the win!

        Alleged because I don't know the news source.
        It’ll be paid off at the end of the month.

        https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/...ahead-schedule
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

        "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

        "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

        Comment


        • Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          It’ll be paid off at the end of the month.

          https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/...ahead-schedule
          The irony of player suspensions for gambling. Especially when they are harsher than for physical violence suspensions.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            mookie watching a packers game on YouTube from the 70s
            held at county stadium and amazed they configured the field looks like parallel to the first base line with both teams using the far side….packers on the outfield side on the 50 and 49ers on the infield side on the 50 :-)
            Sounds like how the Jets played at Shea. Spectacularly ugly.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Mookie been watching these replays on YouTube. Nearly entire sundays from the late 70s. 8-10 hr videos of games back and forth. NFL on CBS with Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek. Bryan Gumble with an outstanding Afro joined my Mike Adamle. Johnny U or Paul Hornung in the booth. Roman Gabriel interviewing Bart Star’s wife in the stands. QBs going 5-19 for 100 yds and 3 int.
              amazing football.
              passes the time after work from 320p til mookie falls asleep.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Mookie been watching these replays on YouTube. Nearly entire sundays from the late 70s. 8-10 hr videos of games back and forth. NFL on CBS with Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek. Bryan Gumble with an outstanding Afro joined my Mike Adamle. Johnny U or Paul Hornung in the booth. Roman Gabriel interviewing Bart Star’s wife in the stands. QBs going 5-19 for 100 yds and 3 int.
                amazing football.
                passes the time after work from 320p til mookie falls asleep.
                Shouldn't mookie be out banging Asian girls?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                  Shouldn't mookie be out banging Asian girls?
                  Where mookie lives, Peppr delivers them and ABM collects them.


                  Last edited by Kepler; 06-12-2023, 03:46 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Isaiah Rodgers and Rashod Berry of the Indianapolis Colts and free agent Demetrius Taylor are being suspended indefinitely -- through at least the 2023 season -- for betting on NFL games last season.

                    In addition, Tennessee Titans offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere is being suspended six games for betting on other sports at the workplace.

                    The Colts subsequently announced that both Rodgers and Berry have been waived as a "consequence" of their suspensions.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

                    Comment


                    • Giants announce they'll use their logo at midfield this year. Presumably the Jets will do the same. Since the Panthers changed to their own logo a couple years ago, I think that's the end of an era for the NFL logo at midfield.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                      1966, 1986, 2007

                      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                      Comment


                      • Huh. Didn't even realize it was a thing
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Giants announce they'll use their logo at midfield this year. Presumably the Jets will do the same. Since the Panthers changed to their own logo a couple years ago, I think that's the end of an era for the NFL logo at midfield.
                          I thought the Giants/Jets used the NFL logo since they played in the same stadium. Guess I didn't notice that other teams used the NFL logo too. *goes to see if the Lions used the NFL logo*
                          Let's Go Broncos!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bronco View Post

                            I thought the Giants/Jets used the NFL logo since they played in the same stadium. Guess I didn't notice that other teams used the NFL logo too. *goes to see if the Lions used the NFL logo*
                            The Panthers did it because Richardson wanted to do it as a show of gratitude towards the league for granting him the franchise. When he sold the team they went to using their logo. That and NY are the only two I can think of, at least recently.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                            1966, 1986, 2007

                            Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bronco View Post

                              I thought the Giants/Jets used the NFL logo since they played in the same stadium. Guess I didn't notice that other teams used the NFL logo too. *goes to see if the Lions used the NFL logo*
                              That's okay. I'm a Jets fan, and I never realized they used the NFL logo...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

                              Comment


                              • Vikings will wear throwbacks for their home opener only. Good Lord these are so much nicer than the abominations they've worn the past 20 years. If only they were permanent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X