Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    So, wait. He took out a loan on the team without knowledge of the minority owners? I can see against their wishes -- the virtue of majority ownership. But without telling them sounds super duper Dump-level illegal.
    end of the day, those minority guys are only on the hook for paying back 40% of it... big deal
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      So, wait. He took out a loan on the team without knowledge of the minority owners? I can see against their wishes -- the virtue of majority ownership. But without telling them sounds super duper Dump-level illegal.
      It probably depends on who was on the Board of Directors. Typically it would be the Board that would approve the loan, not shareholders. After all, 3M never comes to me and asks for my thoughts whenever they borrow money. But the Board should have to approve it, and you'd think that if there are only a handful of shareholders involved with the team, at least some of them are probably on the board.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It probably depends on who was on the Board of Directors. Typically it would be the Board that would approve the loan, not shareholders. After all, 3M never comes to me and asks for my thoughts whenever they borrow money. But the Board should have to approve it, and you'd think that if there are only a handful of shareholders involved with the team, at least some of them are probably on the board.
        There are only 4 owners of the company. While official shares may be recorded, we’re not talking about McD’s and stockholders, this is a closely-held asset, and the process for operations like that can require much greater direct oversight and disclosure to shareholders.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

There are only 4 owners of the company. While official shares may be recorded, we’re not talking about McD’s and stockholders, this is a closely-held asset, and the process for operations like that can require much greater direct oversight and disclosure to shareholders.
          The statutory requirements are going to be very similar for either. Generally, the Board has the authority to enter into the loan, so a bank or other lender is always going to ask for proof of Board authorization, not shareholder authorization.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Antonio Brown officially announces retirement and because “part” owner of the National Arena League’s Albany Empire. This should be fun if I check out a game.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              The Team That Plays Near DC cut Carson Wentz.

They're not a fan of barely mediocre NDSU quarterbacks either.
              How are they reacting at siouxseedandfeed.com?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Chuckin wonderful
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The Bears are trading the No. 1 pick in the 2023 draft to the Carolina Panthers in exchange for four draft picks and wide receiver DJ Moore, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Bears will receive Carolina's first-round selection at No. 9, the 61st pick (late second round), a 2024 first-round selection and a 2025 second-round pick,
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    The Bears are trading the No. 1 pick in the 2023 draft to the Carolina Panthers in exchange for four draft picks and wide receiver DJ Moore, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Bears will receive Carolina's first-round selection at No. 9, the 61st pick (late second round), a 2024 first-round selection and a 2025 second-round pick,
                    Makes sense, not an amazing #1 overall this year, and they already have a young QB, so good to get picks out of it.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Bud Grant was of a different era and yet while perhaps not one of a kind, he was our one of a kind.

I was born in '67 and as such he is the Minnesota Vikings to me. Just as I'm sure there kids today that want to be Cousins, Cook or JJ, when I was a kid I thought every QB should wear #10, every RB 44, every WR 81...

He never won a SB but my goodness how many people would love to have worn all the shoes he did? ffs a 3-sport athlete in college that played for the Lakers, and yet he made his name in the NFL?

My grandfather, dad and an uncle had personal ties to Jocko Nelson from his time at Gustavus. From that I got to meet Bud at an event in 1977 just a few months before my grandfather died. I was 9 and got to shake his hand.

I honestly haven't been enamored with sports figures for a very very long time. But I'll always remember that handshake as corny as it sounds.

RIP

Comment

• Jimmy G to the Raiders.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Bud Grant was of a different era and yet while perhaps not one of a kind, he was our one of a kind.

I was born in '67 and as such he is the Minnesota Vikings to me. Just as I'm sure there kids today that want to be Cousins, Cook or JJ, when I was a kid I thought every QB should wear #10, every RB 44, every DE 81...

He never won a SB but my goodness how many people would love to have worn all the shoes he did? ffs a 3-sport athlete in college that played for the Lakers, and yet he made his name in the NFL?

My grandfather, dad and an uncle had personal ties to Jocko Nelson from his time at Gustavus. From that I got to meet Bud at an event in 1977 just a few months before my grandfather died. I was 9 and got to shake his hand.

I honestly haven't been enamored with sports figures for a very very long time. But I'll always remember that handshake as corny as it sounds.

RIP
                          Fixed.
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

• I can't be the only one who hopes that the Jets repeat this coming season what the Broncos did in the previous one with this whole Rogers thing. The amount of airtime he is getting is absurd.

Comment

• So he says he's planning on playing in New York, but nothing is official.

Comment

• The Jets signing an aging QB from the Packers who won a single SB can't fail!

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X