Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird that there's actual rooting interest for Lions fans tonight. How in the world did the Lions get into a talking position like this?

Have to root for the 49ers, or more correctly against the Seahawks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
      Weird that there's actual rooting interest for Lions fans tonight. How in the world did the Lions get into a talking position like this?

Have to root for the 49ers, or more correctly against the Seahawks.
      Jimmy G and Trey Lance out, Mr. Irrelevant questionable(game time decision).
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Jimmy G and Trey Lance out, Mr. Irrelevant questionable(game time decision).
        Will the backup QB be the punter?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Will the backup QB be the punter?
          They signed Josh Johnson off the Broncos practice squad.
          Johnson's well travelled history:
          This will be Johnson’s fourth stint with the 49ers during a career that has seen him sign with more teams than any other player in NFL history. Johnson was drafted by the Buccaneers in 2008 and since then has been to San Francisco, the Sacramento Mountain Lions of the UFL, Cleveland, Cincinnati, San Francisco again, Cincinnati again, the Jets, Indianapolis, Buffalo, Baltimore, the Giants, Houston, Oakland, Washington, the San Diego Fleet of the AAF, Detroit, the Los Angeles Wildcats of the XFL, San Francisco again, the Jets again, Baltimore again, Denver, and now San Francisco again.

Comment

This will be Johnson’s fourth stint with the 49ers during a career that has seen him sign with more teams than any other player in NFL history. Johnson was drafted by the Buccaneers in 2008 and since then has been to San Francisco, the Sacramento Mountain Lions of the UFL, Cleveland, Cincinnati, San Francisco again, Cincinnati again, the Jets, Indianapolis, Buffalo, Baltimore, the Giants, Houston, Oakland, Washington, the San Diego Fleet of the AAF, Detroit, the Los Angeles Wildcats of the XFL, San Francisco again, the Jets again, Baltimore again, Denver, and now San Francisco again.
            To give you an idea of how long he's been around, his coach was Jim Harbaugh. Not his NFL coach, his college coach. Not at Michigan or Stanford, at San Diego.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

That's a decent amount of money to carry a clipboard for most of the time...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That's a decent amount of money to carry a clipboard for most of the time...
                Estimated earnings(NFL) -
                14 seasons $8,569,250
                https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-fran...cash-earnings/

Comment

• Does Seattle's field purposefully have a muted turf color? Whenever I see a game there I always feel like the color contrast is weird, maybe it's just their garish uniforms making all other colors look muted, but even the 49ers white stands out a lot against the field.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    maybe it's just their garish uniforms
                    Slowly I turned...

Nuke Nike now
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Does Seattle's field purposefully have a muted turf color? Whenever I see a game there I always feel like the color contrast is weird, maybe it's just their garish uniforms making all other colors look muted, but even the 49ers white stands out a lot against the field.
                      Sometimes it is, especially if it's raining.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Sometimes it is, especially if it's raining.
                        Though I've seen other pictures and it looks green. But it's such a greyish green on the TV. Is Amazon able to mute the background colors? I'm honestly curious here.

KDR

Comment

• Gotta give credit to the 49ers front office. They've found the perfect guy to replace Jimmy G. And it only cost them a 7th round pick.

I mean, could you imagine if they used up 3 first round picks, to pick a random number, and it didn't work? And if they spent them on a guy from some cum-dumpster FCS program? Wow that would have been dumb.

KDR

Comment

Gotta give credit to the 49ers front office. They've found the perfect guy to replace Jimmy G. And it only cost them a 7th round pick.

I mean, could you imagine if they used up 3 first round picks, to pick a random number, and it didn't work? And if they spent them on a guy from some cum-dumpster FCS program? Wow that would have been dumb.
                            what is really shows is how little the NFL experts really know. Although given the number of busts, we've known this for decades. Mayfield and Purdy come from the same conference, but somehow one of them is drafted #1 overall and really struggles to be consistent, and the other is at least as good at 27x. Can't say Purdy is better, but he's solid so far.

And thanks, Brock, for helping give the Lions a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

what is really shows is how little the NFL experts really know. Although given the number of busts, we've known this for decades. Mayfield and Purdy come from the same conference, but somehow one of them is drafted #1 overall and really struggles to be consistent, and the other is at least as good at 27x. Can't say Purdy is better, but he's solid so far.

And thanks, Brock, for helping give the Lions a chance.
                              There is a pretty good chance that 49ers fans are going to get to experience the same thing that Iowa State fans experienced, developing that little chubby in their pants. They're going to to be all aboard the Brock Purdy train, dreaming big and of championships to be won, and then at literally the very worst possible moment he will make the worst possible decision.

My wife's an ISU alum so I've seen him play a lot of football games. For his sake I hope it works out, but like I told my wife during last night's game, at best he might be insuring himself of an 8-10 year stint holding a clipboard in the NFL, which ain't a bad gig.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

There is a pretty good chance that 49ers fans are going to get to experience the same thing that Iowa State fans experienced, developing that little chubby in their pants. They're going to to be all aboard the Brock Purdy train, dreaming big and of championships to be won, and then at literally the very worst possible moment he will make the worst possible decision.

My wife's an ISU alum so I've seen him play a lot of football games. For his sake I hope it works out, but like I told my wife during last night's game, at best he might be insuring himself of an 8-10 year stint holding a clipboard in the NFL, which ain't a bad gig.
                                All joking aside, considering the skill players he has around him and the defense on the team, you or I could go around .500 QBing for that team. And as time goes on, other teams will get more videotape on him. Plus, Seattle and Tampa Bay aren't exactly the top teams in the league.

That said, he has done more than the "hand the ball off" that was originally expected of him. I've been impressed, definitely more than I was with Lance. Jimmy G also had the ability to eff things up at the least opportune times, so it's not like there's a high bar for comparison.

It will be interesting to see what the 49ers do for the rest of the regular season. They've won the division, so that's a 4 seed at worst. And with the NFC South being horrible, it's really a 3 seed at worst. And no one is catching Philly, so it comes down to how hard they want to grab the 2 seed from the Vikings. Dallas will be top WC, so barring a late run from the Seahawks or Lions, it basically comes down to play the Commanders or Giants in the first round, and really both are equally mediocre. And I say that as a Commanders fan. Actually, I hope the 49ers pack it in and let everyone heal since they play the Commanders next weekend.

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X