Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

49ers have a spot
    They have a spot, but it will be backup at best, and the HC sure doesn’t sound like he wants Baker.

Comment

• Patriots/Raiders flexed out for Giants/Commodores on 12/18.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Faker Mayfield waived by the Panthers.
        I haven't really followed the NFL much this last decade but wasn't he the hotshot who was going to save Cleveland? Wha happen?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I haven't really followed the NFL much this last decade but wasn't he the hotshot who was going to save Cleveland? Wha happen?
          Decent rookie year, slid back his 2nd, 3rd they went to the playoffs and beat Pitt in the wild card then a tough loss to the Chiefs then totally regressed his last year in Cleve and this year in Carolina.

Browns: Manziel, Mayfield, Perv Watson.
          Last edited by SonofSouthie; 12-06-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Titans fire GM Jon Robinson.

Comment

• "At home with Baker Mayfield" will now be in LA as he was claimed off waivers by the Rams.

Comment

• Washington owner Daniel Snyder "permitted and participated" in the team's longtime toxic work culture and obstructed a 14-month congressional inquiry by dodging a subpoena, working to dissuade and intimidate witnesses from cooperating, and claiming more than 100 times in testimony that he could not recall answers to basic questions, according to the final report of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Reform.

The committee's 79-page report released Thursday also comes down hard on the NFL, concluding that the league was complicit in Snyder's efforts by not cooperating with the congressional inquiry and by burying a 2020-21 investigation of the Commanders' workplace led by attorney Beth Wilkinson, the results of which have never been fully released.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...aided-cover-up

Comment

• Am I overestimating how difficult it is to learn a playbook, or does it seem absurd Baker Mayfield has studied it enough in two days to play tonight?
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Am I overestimating how difficult it is to learn a playbook, or does it seem absurd Baker Mayfield has studied it enough in two days to play tonight?
                    Apparently yes.

My two takeaways- he needs to stop thinking so much and react and he needs a coach that understands him better. The former is what ended his browns time, the latter for the jags.

Comment

Am I overestimating how difficult it is to learn a playbook, or does it seem absurd Baker Mayfield has studied it enough in two days to play tonight?
                      I imagine each teams terminology is the biggest learning curve. The plays themselves are all things most QBs have seen already.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• I'd agree that Mayfield has probably seen what's in the Oakland playbook, just under different labels. In today's game, I think a lot of adjustments in the passing game are made on or outside of the margins of any called play. Receivers read their situations and quarterbacks need to know what the resulting rout will be and how much time they have to allow it to open up. So learning the playbook is a challenge, but learning how their receivers and blockers will respond to each situation is just as challenging. That and, like Brady and P. Manning showed, teaching those people what he needs to make it all work.

Davonte Adams will make big plays on anybody's team, but he and Rogers developed a connection that was very hard to defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

I imagine each teams terminology is the biggest learning curve. The plays themselves are all things most QBs have seen already.
                          If it was any other position it wouldn't seem as big of a deal to me. You have to learn your route or your blocking assignment and those likely aren't all that different across the league. But a QB needs to know all of that for everyone on the field and each play is going to have variations. Maybe LAR went a little simpler on playcalling, but it's still hard to comprehend. Then again he is one of the top 60 guys in the world so I'm likely underestimating him.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• It was nice to see Baker do well, but at the same time, Oakland should have been able to score more than 16 points. They lost this game as much as LA won it. The turn overs and the incredibly dumb penalties on the last drive.

Heck, even on the PI interception- he should have kept running just to run the clock down. Then the moron who knocked the ball out of bakers hands right in front of the red- come on- how do you not know that is penalty…

Oakland handed the chance to Baker on a gold plated platter, and he grabbed it.

Comment

It's possible that somewhere he's played had used a similar scheme. Then it's just a matter of learning their terminology for a system you already were familiar with.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

In the past, when a new QB comes in like this, the coaching staff will remove big chunks of their playbooks and run 50-60 core plays, which are often derivatives of each other.

The toughest part of it all is learning to work with his receivers. They may break routes differently than he’s used to seeing.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X