No announcement yet.

College Football 2022: “Here’s a twenty, bury two.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after all of the talk how weak Michigan’s schedule was, UGA was proclaimed to be worse. Meaning bamas win over them isn’t that big of a deal, especially compared to bama getting beat by Texas.

Meyer mentioned post game that is Texas isn’t over bama, then every non conference games will be cupcakes, as there is no point in scheduling a hard team. So bama getting in over Texas will have very far reaching effects on schedules.

As for FSU…. Power 5 and undefeated. And the concussed player will be back in 3 weeks.

Comment

• Saw someone wrote this morning that the nice thing for the selection committee is that Alabama, Texas and FSU all have modestly-sized, levelheaded fan bases, who will take the decision, whatever it is, with grace.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Nobody cares about the Rose Bowl anymore. ; P
        Well no, it hasn't had the mystique since the playoff started, and that was after taking some shots during the BCS era, but this was truly the last time to get the Big Ten vs Pac 12 champs to play in Pasadena. Notwithstanding that four Pac 12 teams will be in the Big Ten, and that the Pac 12 may still exist in the future with a MW merger, but with the new playoff format it will be near impossible to match the Big Ten vs whatever might be the Pac 12.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It's way overshadowed by the Texas v Alabama argument but it'll be interesting to see who goes to #1, Michigan or Washington, as that really decides who plays in the Rose Bowl and who goes to New Orleans.
          Washington has the better SOS (11 vs 33) and Strength of Record (1 vs 2), but I think the "eye test" and their close games against lesser teams will keep them #2. Granted it's hard to compare because of the way the schedule played out pre/post sign-stealing coming to light, but I think the ASU/Stanford/WSU results will be the difference. Which sucks for them because Michigan is definitely taking the Rose Bowl since they haven't been there in almost two decades, leaving Washington with the Sugar Bowl and a "home game" against FSU/Texas/Bama. FSU is five hours from New Orleans and the Sugar Bowl is the home bowl for the Big 12 and SEC.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• KRACH has Michigan's SOS a bit higher than UW

edit: oh snap. That was BEFORE the championships. Yeah, in no universe an you day Michigan had a weaker SOS
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-03-2023, 11:04 AM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Oh and for the record, Massey's composite has it
              MI
              OSU
              Texas
              UW
              UGA
              ALA
              FSU

oddly enough, Texas doesn't have any #1 rankings in the computers. Neither does FSU.
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-03-2023, 11:01 AM.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Criminoles get screwed.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Well, I guess they can break their precedent of record over everything. Bama over FSU.

Michigan vs Alabama, likely at the Rose Bowl
                  Washington vs Texas at the Sugar Bowl

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• I keep hearing about how Alabama is so great because they beat Georgia, but let's not forget:

- Alabama lost at home to Texas by double digits.

- Alabama struggled to sneak by USF (that's the University of South Florida, who went 4-4 against the American conference).

- Alabama nearly lost to Texas A&M.

- Alabama squeaked by Arkansas to win by a field goal (at home). An Arkansas squad that went 1-7 in conference and 4-8 overall.

- Alabama needed a miracle to beat Auburn. An Auburn team that went 3-5 in conference and 6-6 overall.

I really don't think they showed throughout the season that they were one of the Top 4 teams in the country over the course of the season. They simply were one the Top 4 teams yesterday, and that clouded too many eyeballs, IMO.

While I love seeing bad things to happen to Florida State, it is a joke that they didn't make it in the playoff. I hope they get to play Georgia in the Orange Bowl, and absolutely blow them out of the water. Criminoles could legitimately claim a national championship. Is the AP poll tied to the Playoff? If not, and FSU wins their bowl game, and either Texas or Alabama win the Playoff, we could have split national champions again. What a disaster.
                    North Dakota

Comment

• So if Ohio State had hurt Michigan’s qb they wouldn’t have gotten in?
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Criminoles get screwed.
                        A glaring example that it’s about money and ratings and not the having the best teams.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Let’s see Matt gaetz write a bill with the help of gym Jordan to overturn this fiasco on Monday
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Saw it mentioned, but is the beginning of the end for the ACC? Maybe it’s a bit irrelevant with the expansion but I have to imagine this is going to cause some serious bad blood.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Saw it mentioned, but is the beginning of the end for the ACC? Maybe it’s a bit irrelevant with the expansion but I have to imagine this is going to cause some serious bad blood.
                              Where would they go?

I wonder if we’ll see litigation. I assume FSU is suffering significant financial harm over the decision and I’m sure the committee didn’t follow their own rules.

Are people buying Washington being the second best team? Maybe I just have a bias against the pac-12 but I don’t see that at all.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Saw it mentioned, but is the beginning of the end for the ACC? Maybe it’s a bit irrelevant with the expansion but I have to imagine this is going to cause some serious bad blood.
                                I had the same thought. If the Playoff wasn't getting expanded, why would schools like Florida State and Clemson want to stay in a conference where even if you go undefeated you may not make the Playoff?

However, with the Playoff getting expanded, and conference realignment, that's not going to be a concern. The ACC is comfortably positioned as the 3rd best conference going forward. Based on 2024 conference affiliation, we have 2 B1G schools and 2 SEC schools in the Playoff.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X