College Football 2022: “Here’s a twenty, bury two.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

You can't keep out an undefeated Power 5 team.

You can't keep out Texas for the sake of Alabama, where Texas beat Alabama (in Alabama).

You can't keep out the SEC Champion.

One of those maxims will prove false tomorrow.
    My money is on FSU not getting in. Ratings demand an SEC rep.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• It should be 1 Washington, 2 Michigan, 3 Florida State, 4 Texas. But it will likely be Alabama replacing FSU because money. This senario is why they got rid of objective ratings in the first place.
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• If it was me, it would be Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas. Not necessarily in that order, but those would be the teams.

FSU is an undefeated P5. Their SOS isn’t great but the committee has set the precedent too many times that they sort by record first before comparing other characteristics. Their first string QB is out, their backup is concussed, but they’re undefeated.

Texas beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. I don’t care that it was September. I don’t care that Bama has the “better win” over Georgia. If a head to head road win doesn’t earn the nod between conference champs with equal records then why ever schedule a game like that again (ignoring that will now be a conference game).

But man is ESPN playing up the Bama argument. With both Bama > FSU and Bama > Texas. And whatever happens, Georgia screwed up the Rose Bowl. It’ll likely be Michigan vs Whoever while Washington gets a “home game” in New Orleans.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• ESPN+ news article has FSU behind both Alabama and Georgia. Lol.
          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

My money is on FSU not getting in. Ratings demand an SEC rep.
            I could see that. But, we are talking about 3 of the most-followed college football programs in the last half-century: Florida State, Texas, and Alabama. I don't think ratings will suffer much regardless of who gets the shaft.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Is there any chance Washington could get left out instead of FSU?
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                If it was me, it would be Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas. Not necessarily in that order, but those would be the teams.
                Agreed. Those would be my four as well. Probably in that order as well.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4
                FSU is an undefeated P5. Their SOS isn’t great but the committee has set the precedent too many times that they sort by record first before comparing other characteristics. Their first string QB is out, their backup is concussed, but they’re undefeated.
                The Criminoles won all their games in a Power 5 conference. The ACC did reasonably well against the other top conferences as well.

Texas beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. I don’t care that it was September. I don’t care that Bama has the “better win” over Georgia. If a head to head road win doesn’t earn the nod between conference champs with equal records then why ever schedule a game like that again (ignoring that will now be a conference game).
                100%. Texas has to be in. I do think it will come down to Alabama vs. Florida State.

But man is ESPN playing up the Bama argument. With both Bama > FSU and Bama > Texas.
                At least one of the articles on ESPN has the Playoff as follows: 1. Michigan vs. 4. Alabama, 2. Washington vs. 3. Texas. Would likely see a Texas-Alabama rematch if those wound up being the matchups.

And whatever happens, Georgia screwed up the Rose Bowl. It’ll likely be Michigan vs Whoever while Washington gets a “home game” in New Orleans.
                Nobody cares about the Rose Bowl anymore. ; P
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• FSU won't be out. Undefeated and won a P5 conference. Yes given that they will be limping in with QB#3 will mean they get murdered in the semis, but you can't keep them out based on that; you have to go by the actual on-field results, and they did the above.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• It's way overshadowed by the Texas v Alabama argument but it'll be interesting to see who goes to #1, Michigan or Washington, as that really decides who plays in the Rose Bowl and who goes to New Orleans.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• ESPN already pushing Texas at 3, Alabama at 4, Georgia at 5, and Florida State at 6.

Lol.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• The committees have never picked the "best" teams in 9 years. They go with "most deserving/resume" and call it "best". It'd be a lot easier if they used the right words.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          ESPN already pushing Texas at 3, Alabama at 4, Georgia at 5, and Florida State at 6.

Lol.
                          And it’s the contract between ACC and espn which fsu *****es about and uses as an excuse to want to leave and go to the sec…where they’d finish just behind mizzou year after year after year. Hahahahha
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

ESPN already pushing Texas at 3, Alabama at 4, Georgia at 5, and Florida State at 6.

Lol.
                            It's Heather Dinich, their "ACC reporter" who wrote a scathing article in 2012 proclaiming FSU's win over NIU in the Orange Bowl was their ceiling. Then 2013 happened. Whoops. She's been useless for over a decade.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

It's Heather Dinich, their "ACC reporter" who wrote a scathing article in 2012 proclaiming FSU's win over NIU in the Orange Bowl was their ceiling. Then 2013 happened. Whoops. She's been useless for over a decade.
                              Lol, can't wait to see what Finebaum and the rest say then! Because if that was the leadoff take from ESPN it's only going to get funnier!

$10 says Finebaum will put Bama and UGA at 1 and 2...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Lol, can't wait to see what Finebaum and the rest say then! Because if that was the leadoff take from ESPN it's only going to get funnier!

$10 says Finebaum will put Bama and UGA at 1 and 2...
                                Finny will hold his breath so long his hair will fall out
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X