College Football 2022: “Here’s a twenty, bury two.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    My favorite situation would be UGA, Mich, and FSU losing then watching as people bend over backwards to explain why Washington shouldn't be #1.
    Honestly I don't think anybody would argue, or care.

More interesting to me if UW and FSU are the only undefeateds. You know there will be a strong preference among the lofos to put a Slave State team top.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Honestly I don't think anybody would argue, or care.

More interesting to me if UW and FSU are the only undefeateds. You know there will be a strong preference among the lofos to put a Slave State team top.
      Oh you know Finebaum, Herbstreit and company would be all over the air jumping up and down that Bama should be #1 because "reasons".

It wouldn't mean much but it would be hilarious to watch.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Oh you know Finebaum, Herbstreit and company would be all over the air jumping up and down that Bama should be #1 because "reasons".

It wouldn't mean much but it would be hilarious to watch.
        Finebaum for sure, I think Herbstreet would be a strong advocate for UW.

Finebaum has proclaimed that bama is already better than an undefeated FSU. He’s pretty obvious who he gets paid by.

BTW, it’s interesting how the SEC can consistently get two in by losing the championship. Almost colluding interesting.
        Last edited by MichVandal; 12-02-2023, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Brock Glenn is warming up with the 1st string, so Florida State is riding with a true freshman with four career passes. I think I'll be breaking out the vodka and getting offline for a while.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Brock Glenn is warming up with the 1st string, so Florida State is riding with a true freshman with four career passes. I think I'll be breaking out the vodka and getting offline for a while.
            I rarely cheer for the Criminoles, but with the possibility of an SEC-less Playoff...I have to.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• It would be equally enjoyable if Florida State won 3-0, but got leaped by Texas and Alabama, and missed the Playoff.
              North Dakota

Comment

If Bama wins the SEC by beating UGA I can't see the CFP Committee leaving them out. Having no SEC team in the CFP would cause a meltdown. It would be hilarious, but it would be ugly.
                Texas beating Alabama at Alabama is the key game then. If FSU, UM, and UW are all undefeated and conference champs, they're all clearly in. Who gets the last spot? Texas beat Alabama beat Georgia, and Texas won their conference. Not saying that's how it goes down but if there's ever a chance.......

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• There is no way an SEC team misses the playoffs. No. Way.
                  Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• FSU now tied.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Can easily see why Iowa was so upset, that play was very confusing. Worked for Michigan that they played to get the ball.

Comment

• If results hold (which is still in play, as the Criminoles are in a dog fight with Louisville), it will be a very interesting debate for the Playoff.

Michigan will be #1.
                        Washington will be #2.

One of the following will be left out:

13-0, ACC Champion Florida State
                        12-1, Big 12 Champion Texas
                        12-1, SEC Champion Alabama

They each have excellent arguments for why they should be in:

Florida State would be an undefeated Power 5 champion. No such team has ever missed the Playoff. But they lost their star QB, and have not looked like worldbeaters all year.
                        Texas has the best win, beating Alabama by double digits in Tuscaloosa. The mental gymnastics to leave Texas out at Alabama's expense would be something else, but...
                        Alabama won the SEC. The SEC Champion has never missed the Playoff. But, they lost at home to Texas, and have had numerous other poor performances throughout the year (including last week, where they needed a miracle to beat a terrible Auburn team).

Interesting debate indeed.
                        North Dakota

Comment

• Please please please please keep the sec out!!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• You can’t keep out an undefeated power 5 from the CFP. FSU wins and they’re in. The debate is between Texas and Alabama. It should be Texas, it’ll probably be Alabama.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Given the Big12 is more over than not, ESPN will make sure Texas is out. Even though they are the better team, winning head to head. We will see if it will work- their efforts did work in getting harbaugh suspended. But that didn’t work to manipulate the results.

Comment

You can’t keep out an undefeated power 5 from the CFP. FSU wins and they’re in. The debate is between Texas and Alabama. It should be Texas, it’ll probably be Alabama.
                                You can't keep out an undefeated Power 5 team.

You can't keep out Texas for the sake of Alabama, where Texas beat Alabama (in Alabama).

You can't keep out the SEC Champion.

One of those maxims will prove false tomorrow.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X