College Football 2022: “Here’s a twenty, bury two.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

He knows where the bodies are buried and agreed to go quietly.
    If Indiana has a football conspiracy then everyone should be fired. Only risk cheating if you're going to win.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If Indiana has a football conspiracy then everyone should be fired. Only risk cheating if you're going to win.
      If they were cheating and that was the result, he should be fired. But not for an extra 12M.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Louisville lost to Kentucky to drop to 10-2. They're dead.
        louisville lost to pitt. they should have been in the double digit cfp ranked even if they won vs UK
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          Indiana has fired football coach Tom Allen, sources confirmed to ESPN on Sunday, a day after the Hoosiers completed their third consecutive losing season.

Indiana reached national prominence in 2020, as the team went 6-2 during the COVID-shortened season and finished No. 12 nationally, its best finish since 1967 (No. 4). In March 2021, Indiana rewarded Allen with a new seven-year contract that increased his salary to $4.9 million annually and included a buyout of $20.8 million if the school chose to fire him before Dec. 1, 2023. The buyout would have dropped to about $8 million in 2024.

Couldn't wait a week??
          Don't worry the B10 makes enough money they can set it on fire whenever they desire.
          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• The remaining two teams in the Pac-12 are reportedly on the verge of aligning with another conference for the 2024 season.

According to Ross Delenger of Yahoo Sports, Oregon State and Washington State "are in the final stages of striking a football scheduling agreement" with the Mountain West Conference for next season "that includes a lucrative financial package for MWC schools."

Dellenger noted that an announcement of the scheduling alliance is expected "in the coming days." The agreement is only in place for one season for now and is "expected to include a fee of about $14 million paid to the Mountain West."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uling-alliance
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

The remaining two teams in the Pac-12 are reportedly on the verge of aligning with another conference for the 2024 season.

According to Ross Delenger of Yahoo Sports, Oregon State and Washington State "are in the final stages of striking a football scheduling agreement" with the Mountain West Conference for next season "that includes a lucrative financial package for MWC schools."

Dellenger noted that an announcement of the scheduling alliance is expected "in the coming days." The agreement is only in place for one season for now and is "expected to include a fee of about $14 million paid to the Mountain West."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uling-alliance
              So my brother knows people up in Pullman. What he hears as rumors is that OSU and WSU are going to recreate the P12 (or whatever number) with MW teams. So it may go beyond a scheduling agreement.

Can't forget that OSU and WSU owns ALL of the P12 that is left. Which is a lot of money along with the names, rights, connections, etc. So they can do whatever they want to make a new Pac conference.

We are both kind of bummed that it sounds like Bozo St will be part of that new conference....

edit- looks like the P12 proceeds going to the two schools has been staid.

Comment

• I totally understand and get the hatred of Michigan, and all sports here.

But I hope you can at least appreciate the sense of humor- during the pre-game, the military plane flyover was a Navy P-8 Poseidon spy plane.

https://www.outkick.com/michigan-ohi...flyover-photo/

Most people thought it was a commercial airliner. So the joke took some time to simmer.

Comment

UNLV has a shot at going to the Mountain West championship game for the first time by beating San Jose State at home next Sat. The championship game is played at Allegiant Stadium in LV. Lose and they could be involved in a 4 way tie with one of the teams being SJ St.
                  UNLV, Boise State, and San Jose State all finished the regular season with 6-2 records in the Mountain West. Since the teams didn't face each other head-to-head and no team was ranked in the latest College Football Playoff rankings, the three-way tie was broken by computer rankings, which were provided by Anderson & Hester, Colley Matrix, Massey and Wolfe. Based on those rankings, UNLV and Boise State secured their spots in the championship game. The Rebels had the higher overall average ranking and earned the right to host the game, which is scheduled for Dec. 2 at Allegiant Stadium

Boise St (-2)/UNLV. I watched Boise St's game last Fri night against Air Force. RB Ashton Jeanty was a beast(14/107 rushing, 5/118 receiving).
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Yeah huskies!!

Comment

• Bow Down To Washington!
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Bow Down To Washington!
                        Honestly I think Oregon was a better team, but Washington beat them twice and you can't deny that. UW was a dropped pass away from losing to Stanford, the same 3-9 Stanford that lost to Sacremento State, while Oregon rolled right through us. And I think there was some stat where among common opponents UW won on average by 9 and Oregon by 27; but you can't take extra points with you, so hats off to UW.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Liberty is 13-0. Is there any possible chance they aren't guilty of comical levels of violations and corruption? It would be on brand.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Honestly I think Oregon was a better team, but Washington beat them twice and you can't deny that. UW was a dropped pass away from losing to Stanford, the same 3-9 Stanford that lost to Sacremento State, while Oregon rolled right through us. And I think there was some stat where among common opponents UW won on average by 9 and Oregon by 27; but you can't take extra points with you, so hats off to UW.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Liberty is 13-0. Is there any possible chance they aren't guilty of comical levels of violations and corruption? It would be on brand.
                              Their best wins are against NMSU twice at home. Their strength of schedule is dead last on ESPN. There's a reason Tulane's getting a higher ranking for playing Ole Miss, even if they lost. And Tulane's schedule isn't even that good ranked at 110.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Their best wins are against NMSU twice at home. Their strength of schedule is dead last on ESPN. There's a reason Tulane's getting a higher ranking for playing Ole Miss, even if they lost. And Tulane's schedule isn't even that good ranked at 110.
                                They're #20 and they exist to be a cash cow for the Taliban. I'm sure they make Les Miles look like Pop Warner.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X