Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all are forgetting that two teams miss, because Alabama gets the 4 seed.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Y'all are forgetting that two teams miss, because Alabama gets the 4 seed.
      And then Paul Finebaum anoints them as better than God?
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

And then Paul Finebaum anoints them as better than God?
        Is that what they call bjs in the south? Because I’m pretty sure Finebaum’s lips never leave Bama’s d-.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Is that what they call bjs in the south?
          I remember the 35 sweet goodbyes
          When you put me on the Wolverine up to Annandale
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            So, someone on Reddit raised the possibility of having all five P5 Conference champions being undefeated and one of them having to be left out of the CFP. The question being: who gets left out in that scenario?
            Meh. 9 years out of 10 this is brought up in mid-October (usually during the CFP ESPN Tuesday shows) and a month later there's only one or two undefeated teams left.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• So Michigan is being accused of sign stealing. Given that every team does multiple signs or odd patterns or whatever, why is this a huge scandal? Apparently, MSU considered canceling the game due to the health and safety of the players.

huh?

Id be more concerned about fan safety having a massive rivalry game at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                So Michigan is being accused of sign stealing. Given that every team does multiple signs or odd patterns or whatever, why is this a huge scandal? Apparently, MSU considered canceling the game due to the health and safety of the players.

huh?

Id be more concerned about fan safety having a massive rivalry game at night.
                They're accused of sending a staffer to their opponents games for scouting purposes in season, which is illegal.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

They're accused of sending a staffer to their opponents games for scouting purposes in season, which is illegal.
                  Are the only allowed tape? Seems like a logical thing to do.

Comment

• This is from the Athletic, because this whole thing confuses me.

The relevant NCAA rule is bylaw 11.6.1, which prohibits “off-campus, in-person scouting of future opponents (in the same season).” The rule was passed in 1994 as a cost-cutting measure designed to promote equity for programs that couldn’t afford to send scouts to other games.

The bylaw also prohibits an institution from “employing or paying the expenses of someone else, including professional scouting services, to scout the opponent,” according to the NCAA’s legislative database.

One source who was briefed on the allegation said Michigan is accused of using a “vast network” to steal opposing teams’ signs. If true, that would be a potential violation of the NCAA rule against in-person scouting and would be adjudicated through the NCAA infractions process.

The NCAA’s 2023 football rule book prohibits “any attempt to record, either through audio or video means, any signals given by an opposing player, coach or other team personnel.” Using an electronic device to record signals would fall under the category of prohibited field equipment.

Comment

• So it’s ok if someone does it on their own? The big schools have to have large and rich enough fan bases to easily do that.

Besides, the video that teams get at least show the visitors signals for every play.

Comment

• WRT harbaugh- for a coach who claims to know the rules so well, he’s good at finding people who violate them. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                          So it’s ok if someone does it on their own? The big schools have to have large and rich enough fan bases to easily do that.

Besides, the video that teams get at least show the visitors signals for every play.
                          If they do do it on their own, then it comes down to doing it in a way that's not obvious. The reports seem to indicate every other B1G team knew it was happening, so they must have done a poor job hiding it. Don't get me wrong, it's a dumb rule that I didn't even realize existed until yesterday and it seems easy to find ways around it, but, you know, do so in a more subtle way.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Get your mouth off Harrison Jr's dick, Gus.

Comment

• Oregon's unis today are gorgeous. They should keep them.

iowa's are hideous.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• oops , not a fair catch but whatever. BS
                                Last edited by walrus; 10-21-2023, 06:03 PM.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X