College Football 2022: “Here’s a twenty, bury two.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Stanford/Cal in preliminary talks with the ACC.
    Lol wt.f
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Stanford/Cal in preliminary talks with the ACC. If the Grant of Rights is really that restrictive, it would at least give them a stable home for another decade.

Would rather see them in the Big Ten. Stanford at the least.
      Someone needs to take a time machine back before all these 14-16 team conferences got formed over TV money and strangle it in the cradle, because it's gotten just stupid now.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Lol wt.f
        Stanford/Cal in an Atlantic conference makes no sense but really neither do they in a Midwest conference so really what do words even mean any more?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Stanford/Cal in an Atlantic conference makes no sense but really neither do they in a Midwest conference so really what do words even mean any more?
          It makes approximately 50% more sense to be in the big ten.

words are meaningless. Math is universal.

well, at least in the span of human existence within this universe.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Larry Scott has to go down as one of the worst sports commissioners of all time. How much money did they waste on the whole PAC-12 Network that never went anywhere?

I do see why they rejected the potential Apple deal though. College sports’ audience is older and likely more adverse to streaming only.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It makes approximately 50% more sense to be in the big ten.

words are meaningless. Math is universal.

well, at least in the span of human existence within this universe.
              The real question is why we haven't invited them.

On a side note, it was interesting to see Saban talk about this. He sounded bummed that it's becoming about money, but that's super easy to say when you are in the top 3 in earnings all because of football. He's personally swimming in money, and his school is swimming in money, so accept that other schools want part of that pie, too. And they are better *schools* than Alabama will ever be ( I have a lot of respect for P12 schools, and I also know that even B1G schools I hate are far superior than Bama is).

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

It's not like the ability to count matters either... :-)
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

On a side note, it was interesting to see Saban talk about this. He sounded bummed that it's becoming about money, but that's super easy to say when you are in the top 3 in earnings all because of football. He's personally swimming in money, and his school is swimming in money, so accept that other schools want part of that pie, too. And they are better *schools* than Alabama will ever be ( I have a lot of respect for P12 schools, and I also know that even B1G schools I hate are far superior than Bama is).
                  I'm wondering the same thing. They're perfect fits in this new big ten
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I mean, the SEC is how this mess all started. They raided for South Carolina and Arkansas back in the early 90’s to start the SEC Championship Game and it’s been all shuffling and defections since then.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Apparently the proposed PAC 12 deal with Apple was tiered.

23 million per school to start
                      30 million per school if they reached 2.5 million subscribers
                      50 million per school if they reached 3.7 million subscribers

For reference, Sunday Ticket only gets 2.4 million subscribers. Granted that’s slightly different because that’s either for NFL super fans or for those living out of market, while this would’ve been exclusive. Maybe this deal could’ve worked for the SEC with their super fandom, or the Big Ten with multiple national fan bases plus huge alumni pools. But of the remaining ten schools in the PAC, you were really asking to get that from eight schools because Stanford and Cal weren’t going to pull in much.

https://apnews.com/article/pac-12-co...599dd4b690bac4
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Apparently the proposed PAC 12 deal with Apple was tiered.

For reference, Sunday Ticket only gets 2.4 million subscribers. Granted that’s slightly different because that’s either for NFL super fans or for those living out of market, while this would’ve been exclusive. Maybe this deal could’ve worked for the SEC with their super fandom, or the Big Ten with multiple national fan bases plus huge alumni pools. But of the remaining ten schools in the PAC, you were really asking to get that from eight schools because Stanford and Cal weren’t going to pull in much.

Not sure of it's accuracy, but one quick search shows that B1G schools get $58M from BTN. Which makes the change from the P12 to the B1G a pretty obvious choice. And adding LA, Seattle, and Portland, the numbers should stay pretty steady with the additions.

Comment

• Oh and throw SMU into the talks for the ACC now. Including forgoing payments for the initial years.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-acc...205526422.html
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Oh and throw SMU into the talks for the ACC now. Including forgoing payments for the initial years.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-acc...205526422.html
                            SMU was born to be in the SEC.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Apparently the proposed PAC 12 deal with Apple was tiered.

In an actual comparison, MLS Season Pass is sitting at 1 million plus subscribers so it’s not hard to see something like college football, even the PAC-12, hit 2.5 million subscribers.

I’m curious to see what will happen with the B1G as cable subscription numbers continue to fall. The bubble has already burst on the RSNs and it’s starting to at ESPN as well.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• One of my favorite things to speculate on with these conference realignments is the impact on the non-football sports (because this is all done purely for football).

Basketball probably won’t change much with the PAC schools. Yeah UCLA and USC but they’re not as good as people think.

B1G volleyball just turned into a murder factory by adding USC and Washington.

RIP to any track athlete who just signed on with a current B1G school. Things were already looking bleak with USC and UCLA coming in and now they’re adding Nike I mean Oregon.

Also RIP to B1G softball, UCLA and Washington will be continuing their conference championship rivalry.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X