No announcement yet.

College Football 2022: “Here’s a twenty, bury two.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm absolutely shocked Oregon made the cut.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I'm absolutely shocked Oregon made the cut.
      I mean Nebraska has never been academic powerhouse have they?

I cannot wait for first gopher game at Husky stadium. Do we get tickets or just tailgate in the boat and watch from the bay..

Comment

• Not gonna lie, I think Stanford has the inside track to pick up some Pac 4 football titles in the coming years.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Pac-4 merge with the Mountain West?
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I mean Nebraska has never been academic powerhouse have they?

I cannot wait for first gopher game at Husky stadium. Do we get tickets or just tailgate in the boat and watch from the bay..
            IIRC, they had the medical school in Omaha as part of their system in the "calculation" last time. Again, IIRC, it's one of like four BSL-4 labs in the country. CDC, Omaha, the school in Georgia or LA I can never remember, and one other I can't remember.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Wow, did the p12 crumble fast. Going with Arizona is both ASU and Utah, officially.

Cal and Stanford need to move quick, as the MW can’t be for them, especially for an athletic powerhouse like Stanford. The MW can’t offer all the sports they do. Let alone the actual schools in the MW. While I’m very biased against BSU, it’s really for reasons more than just hate. It’s not even remotely close to the Bay schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                Wow, did the p12 crumble fast. Going with Arizona is both ASU and Utah, officially.

Cal and Stanford need to move quick, as the MW can’t be for them, especially for an athletic powerhouse like Stanford. The MW can’t offer all the sports they do. Let alone the actual schools in the MW. While I’m very biased against BSU, it’s really for reasons more than just hate. It’s not even remotely close to the Bay schools.
                Yeah when you look at the stadiums and aquatic center Stanford has, plopping it into a non-major conference would be too far out of place. That said, I'm also not crazy about teams having to fly to the midwest all the damn time for conference games.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Yeah when you look at the stadiums and aquatic center Stanford has, plopping it into a non-major conference would be too far out of place. That said, I'm also not crazy about teams having to fly to the midwest all the damn time for conference games.
                  "A flight is a flight"
                  -NCAA
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                    Wow, did the p12 crumble fast. Going with Arizona is both ASU and Utah, officially.

MW champ gets into the playoff. football is all that matters which makes MW a powerhouse!!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

IIRC, they had the medical school in Omaha as part of their system in the "calculation" last time. Again, IIRC, it's one of like four BSL-4 labs in the country. CDC, Omaha, the school in Georgia or LA I can never remember, and one other I can't remember.
                      I'm seeing 5 bsl-4 currently in operation another 1 expanding to 4 and 7 more planned or under construction. In addition there are national and regional biocontainment labs (national have bsl4 and regional up to 3). Omaha is not listed at all

https://programs.fas.org/bio/research.html

Edit: it may be at 13 or 14 operational currently with 4 level capabilities (one appears to have level 4 but only does level 3). Colorado State in Fort Collins is listed as a 3 on that site but apparently does operate as a 4. Side note: had a friend that worked in that lab at CSU. She did training up to level 3 apparently for her work in animal pathogens (lots of work on high path. avian flu). Told me all about the extensive training and security checks and what not. Wild stuff. Sadly she passed away last year following a motorcycle accident.
                      Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 08-05-2023, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

I'm seeing 5 bsl-4 currently in operation another 1 expanding to 4 and 7 more planned or under construction. In addition there are national and regional biocontainment labs (national have bsl4 and regional up to 3). Omaha is not listed at all

https://programs.fas.org/bio/research.html

Edit: it may be at 13 or 14 operational currently with 4 level capabilities (one appears to have level 4 but only does level 3). Colorado State in Fort Collins is listed as a 3 on that site but apparently does operate as a 4. Side note: had a friend that worked in that lab at CSU. She did training up to level 3 apparently for her work in animal pathogens (lots of work on high path. avian flu). Told me all about the extensive training and security checks and what not. Wild stuff. Sadly she passed away last year following a motorcycle accident.
                        Gah. It wasn't BSL4, it was HLCC

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7099915/

Although USAMRIID’s shuttered Slammer was the nation’s only BSL-4-like facility, the current HLCC units at Nebraska, Emory, Bellevue, and the NIH, as well as the majority of European units, can be viewed as BSL-3+ entities.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-05-2023, 11:36 AM.
                        Code:

Comment

• Interesting. The Omaha unit was the largest of its kind back during Ebola.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...ient/15140943/
                          Code:

Comment

• Ok, no merger(was just axin'). Are they going to try a poach a few schools that probably can't afford the exit fee from the conference they're in, to go to a has-been conference that's next TV deal is possibly going to be streaming on Apple TV?
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

UNMC had always been considered a separate entity from the 3 "traditional" schools in the regents system at the state level. Whether the various ranking/consortium entities lumped it in with Lincoln at some point, I couldn't say.

Comment

An affiliate member is a galactic difference in terms of benefits compared to a full membership. TV revenue, academic cooperation, etc.

But Notre Dame is and always has been the crown jewel the conference has sought that defies nearly all guidelines the Big Ten has in place for membership. They would be almost certainly accepted unanimously by every board of regents in the conference.
                                Here's something very interesting I just read.

We all know that Notre Dame is a quasi, informal member of the ACC. ESPN reported that the contract that ND has with the ACC states that if ND gives up their independence, it can only be if ND formally joins the ACC.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X