This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

It could very well come down to Tennessee and the loser of the Ohio State / Michigan game. If that loser is Michigan, I don't see how anyone could logically put Michigan ahead of Tennessee. The Wolverines have one decent win: Pedo State. Tennessee has beaten Alabama, and absolutely trounced LSU in fake Death Valley. Ohio State has a slightly stronger resume. In addition to beating Pedo State, they also have a victory over Notre Dame. However, I would have Tennessee ahead of whoever loses the Ohio State / Michigan game.

If Georgia, OSU/UM winner, Oregon, and TCU win out, then yes, it is easy. Those four go. The trick is if one (or more) of those four trip up on the way in (particularly if they trip up in their conference title game). Then it starts to open the door for a 1-loss Clemson to sneak in.

And of course, it is a silly exercise to run Playoff scenarios now when there is still a month left in the season. But...what else are we going to do? I already voted. : p
    Like I have said, whoever loses the B1G east should not be in the playoffs. I don't care which team it is. But at the same time, if Tennessee can't win their division, they should not be considered, either. It's really hard to win a conference- give it some reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Like I have said, whoever loses the B1G east should not be in the playoffs. I don't care which team it is. But at the same time, if Tennessee can't win their division, they should not be considered, either. It's really hard to win a conference- give it some reward.
      I don't disagree with your line of thinking. However, I believe the Committee would certainly consider Tennessee. See, e.g., 2016 Ohio State & 2017 Alabama.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I don't disagree with your line of thinking. However, I believe the Committee would certainly consider Tennessee. See, e.g., 2016 Ohio State & 2017 Alabama.
        I think they should stop doing that. Make winning a championship mean something, or just as important- losing one means something.

Comment

I think they should stop doing that. Make winning a championship mean something, or just as important- losing one means something.
          I think that's fair. One way the Committee could distinguish Tennessee this year from 2016 Ohio State and 2017 Alabama would be to consider that both 2016 Ohio State and 2017 Alabama were co-champions of their respective conference's divisions and lost out on making their conference title game on a tiebreaker. Assuming Georgia wins out, Tennessee would not be even a co-champion of the SEC East. I don't think they would do that, but one could make a logical argument along those lines.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Game of the day, or at least half of the season- UO v UW. The 3rd quarter was epic, with 5 total TD's. And then the 4th opened with a turnover at the one. Which was then very, very, very slowly driven down the field- for a FG. Now, with ~3 min left, a TD to tie the game up in 3 plays.

My goodness.

Comment

• And UW just took Oregon out of the CFP. No chance to recover that loss.

That was seriously a fun game to watch.

Comment

• The suspected UVA shooter is a former UVA football player who appears to be targeting other football players. The three killed are all football players. Haven’t seen details on the two injured victims.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

And UW just took Oregon out of the CFP. No chance to recover that loss.

That was seriously a fun game to watch.
                  That was a fun game to be watching in a Seattle bar

Comment

• Is Floyd of Rosedale infected with something? Seems that neither team wants to win.

Comment

• Stop me when this sounds familiar:

Gophers choke in terribly winnable game against Iowa.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• And people thought Alabama wasn't going to the CFP
                        Last edited by bronconick; 11-19-2022, 09:33 PM.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          And people thought Alabama was'nt going to the CFP
                          For sure, playing Austin Peay is a massive SOS booster. Especially this late in the season, and holding them to zero points. Always meaningful to play a DI-AA team.

Comment

• Put this in the Louvre. This is art.

https://twitter.com/gamecockfb/statu...36YTf6w2cwEP2Q
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Ok I'll admit it's kinda funny but I must be missing something because I feel like I should be laughing my *** off.

I get the two songs. Got that right away. I get the game result. But why does this bit work but other songs wouldn't?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Never mind. Just saw the story behind it. That's pretty damn good
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X