Passports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passports

I need to renew my passport. I meet all the requirements to renew by mail. I'm hoping to get a new picture taken today. Do any of you know how long it takes to renew by mail? I'm trying to decide if I need to pay to expedite the process. There's a slim chance I need to travel to London at the end of July for work.

IINM there is a way to expedite, you should look into it.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The normal process takes weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks. And then sometimes it takes a mere few days. It's ridiculous and has been for years.

Getting it renewed within 6 weeks will likely be a tall order even if you expedite it.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

From the State Department's website:

Routine:8 to 11 weeks*

Expedited: Costs an extra $60. Takes 5 to 7 weeks.*

*Processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.

Agency or Center: Must have international travel in the next 14 calendar days.
        Absolutely pay to expedite it if you might need it by the end of July, and still be prepared to have to go in person some place in July if you haven't gotten it back yet.

We're planning a European trip for next fall (Sept. 2023) and we're planning to get the passports renewed now to not have to sweat it.

Comment

My wife's was fast. Maybe 3 weeks? Pay to expedite
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think if you can show you are traveling to say Canada within like a week they will let you go much faster. I would look into doing something like that.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

They do. There are a few locations nationwide that can even do same day service if you have the right paperwork and proof of need. I've gotten turnaround in like four days on a short notice international trip.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                They do. There are a few locations nationwide that can even do same day service if you have the right paperwork and proof of need. I've gotten turnaround in like four days on a short notice international trip.
                In Boston it’s the building next to the TD Garden.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I see this topic come up on the cruise boards I watch- seems that things are starting to speed up.

It's too bad that the in person expediting isn't an option- we did that back in 2015 when we renewed, and it was really quick. There were no requirements back then to do it- nice pre-pandemic thing. Since you are in Boston, it should be easy to find an office near- if it helped.

Anyway, expediting for cruisers is working.

Comment

Working...
                  X