2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    The tropical storm that came very near us last Sunday night didn't have immediate impact, but last night a transformer behind my house caught on fire and now I am without wired data and electricity. Using my phone as a hot spot but that doesn't help the house. Should be temporary and compared to what so many more people are probably going through we are blessed.
    No generator for you?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

He should be reminded of that vote when he asks for assistance. As I'm sure he will ask and take it. And then blame Biden for the slow recovery.
      That is why Biden should cuck him at PCs all over Florida. It won't change much but don't let Ronny get much credit steal the spotlight.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Ummm...wow.

https://***********/travisakers/stat...Pzh6vqRjQ&s=19

Florida Republican Senators Marco Rubio and Rick Scott urged Senate leaders for money to rebuild state after Hurricane Ian.

Then when the vote came, ⁦@SenRickScott⁩ voted against the funds and ⁦@marcorubio⁩ didn’t show up for the vote.
        Not only that but from the article:

The Democratic-led House followed up Friday with its approval, 230-201. The measure next goes to President Joe Biden’s desk to be signed into law. Republicans overwhelmingly opposed the measure.

Florida Democratic Party Chair Manny Diaz blasted Florida Republican House members — all of whom voted against the stopgap spending measure to help storm victims — for not supporting Floridians.

“The same week that Hurricane Ian brought so much chaos and destruction to Florida, not a single Florida Republican cared enough to vote in favor of Hurricane relief for the people in their own state hit hardest by the storm," he said. "That is a level of callous indifference and political opportunism that boggles the mind."
        But you can bet they will take credit...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Ummm...wow.

https://***********/travisakers/stat...Pzh6vqRjQ&s=19

Not only that but from the article:

But you can bet they will take credit...
          Wow.

Just wow.

I would like to have an idea how they expect Florida to be rebuilt, as I don't see a significant input from insurance companies. More like a bunch of bankruptcies so they don't have to pay out.

Comment

• Hey look, Florida republicans also think it's a bad idea to send money to Florida.

First compelling argument I've seen to actually send money there.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Daughter's roommate's family home is on the water on Sanibel. Insurance for tropical storm damage in places like that must be through the roof.
              You know what else was through those roofs? Ian.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

You know what else was through those roofs? Ian.
                For sure. It takes serious money to live in some of those places. Aside from personal safety issues, most will be fine. Puerto Rican storm victims, on the other hand . , , ,

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

For sure. It takes serious money to live in some of those places. Aside from personal safety issues, most will be fine. Puerto Rican storm victims, on the other hand . , , ,
                  They're Brown.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ate/index.html

This planned community just northeast of Ft Myers never lost power during the storm and suffered only minimal damage. Planned/designed as a community with climate change in mind. 100% solar powered, buried all power lines, designed roads to funnel water away from homes, strict building codes with hurricanes in mind, etc.

Comment

• T. S. Julia
                      https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...?cone#contents

I don't recall a tropical storm ever heading up Central America like this although I suspect it has happened before.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-07-2022, 12:27 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        T. S. Julia

I don't recall a tropical storm ever heading up Central America like this although I suspect it has happened before.
                        Dozens, if not hundreds of times.

In 2020 alone, 2 Category 4 storms made landfall in Nicaragua within 10 days of each other.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

Dozens, if not hundreds of times.

In 2020 alone, 2 Category 4 storms made landfall in Nicaragua within 10 days of each other.
                          I know that. I meant the fact that this one is shown following that land as it heads about west-northwest.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• T.S. Karl
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• T.S. Lisa
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• T.S. Martin
                                https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...start#contents
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X