2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    He should make DeSantis be at every PC, every stop, and never let him talk. Cuck him all across Flo(R)ida with that sad fat face of his in those oversized suits.

As much fun as it is to say "**** em" it is not only cruel it makes no pragmatic sense. A lot of the effected areas are not Red abandoning the ones that are out of some vendetta makes us no better than Trump. We will give them the help and the money and we will make sure they never hear the end of it. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...
    Sorry. But **** em. They've voted against fighting climate change. They've chosen to live in Tampa and Ft Myers. They've chosen to not carry flood insurance. They've chosen to stay there. They won't even thank you for sending money. They aren't going to suddenly say "Yeah, let's vote blue and for climate change. We just keep sending money and they keep giving us the finger. And sending any more money is ****ing colossally stupid because that place is going to be a war zone for the next hundred years. Any cash should be contingent on relocation. We can't keep dumping hundreds of billions of dollars into an area that is only going to get worse.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Actually what I do find funny is that you and I have changed positions on humanitarian relief. You say **** em to the Russians. I say **** em to the GOP.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

Daughter's roommate's family home is on the water on Sanibel. Insurance for tropical storm damage in places like that must be through the roof.
        Don't worry. The causeway bridge into Sanibel is gone so they won't get to the house for weeks at best.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Actually what I do find funny is that you and I have changed positions on humanitarian relief. You say **** em to the Russians. I say **** em to the GOP.
          I’m not quite there but I’m so sick of people living the cruelty of desantis while they get crushed.

low taxes! Just can’t afford to you know, have a place to live that won’t flood every two years

Comment

Imho, they should force the insurance companies to cover all of the possible losses. That way there are real, profitable, companies that will recognize climate change and force their minons in congress to do something.

Making government pay for it does nothing, as we all already pay for welfare for the rich and powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
              Imho, they should force the insurance companies to cover all of the possible losses. That way there are real, profitable, companies that will recognize climate change and force their minons in congress to do something.

Making government pay for it does nothing, as we all already pay for welfare for the rich and powerful.
              I agree. I'm really tired of this ****. Someone has to do something.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Any cash should be contingent on relocation.
                I've often wondered if it would be both legal and feasible for insurance companies to put a condition like that in the contract. If your dwelling is in a high-risk zone and is totaled by a hurricane or tornado, you only get the full settlement if you agree to relocate to or rebuild in a lower risk zone. The logistics of that would be difficult, as it would force a lot of people to move away from their places of work. So instead, the rates just become astronomical when you go to reinsure your new dwelling, or they just decline to insure you altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I've often wondered if it would be both legal and feasible for insurance companies to put a condition like that in the contract. If your dwelling is in a high-risk zone and is totaled by a hurricane or tornado, you only get the full settlement if you agree to relocate to or rebuild in a lower risk zone. The logistics of that would be difficult, as it would force a lot of people to move away from their places of work. So instead, the rates just become astronomical when you go to reinsure your new dwelling, or they just decline to insure you altogether.
                  I think the legality would be fine. It's a contract and they are not obligated to insure you. So it's possible*. Im just not sure enforcing it would be a great look.

*I'm sure the lawyers here will chime in. :-)
                  Code:

Comment

There’s no “forcing” you to move; they simplify decline to insure your current address and the choice to move is up to you.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Sorry. But **** em. They've voted against fighting climate change. They've chosen to live in Tampa and Ft Myers. They've chosen to not carry flood insurance. They've chosen to stay there. They won't even thank you for sending money. They aren't going to suddenly say "Yeah, let's vote blue and for climate change. We just keep sending money and they keep giving us the finger. And sending any more money is ****ing colossally stupid because that place is going to be a war zone for the next hundred years. Any cash should be contingent on relocation. We can't keep dumping hundreds of billions of dollars into an area that is only going to get worse.
                      So your big way to win elections is to not only say "**** em" to the Trumpers there but all the Blue people that live there as well? Jesus man that is Trumpian level stupid.

Not everyone can just up and move...should my buddy's mother just die because she can't come back here? She has voted Blue since the 60s...but **** her right?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No I said "**** em" to the ****wits leaving Russia because they don't want to serve. They aren't leaving because of a Humanitarian Crisis they are leaving out of their own self interest. They were perfectly fine with Ukrainian Genocide when it didn't get in the way of their cozy lifestyle. Not even close to the same thing as Flo(R)ida. (not to mention Floridians are Americans, Russians are not)

I am all for helping the people who stay in Russia and are putting their lives at risk protesting the war. That is a crisis...a bunch of d-bag losers who have spent years turning a blind eye to Putin and giving the middle finger to The West can sit on it and spin. They aren't heroes they are ****ing puzzies and if Europe doesn't want them then too ****ing bad. Remember also, I said they can come here if they want...

You are talking about screwing over a lot of people who have no choice many of whom support our politics. You are going to make allies suffer to stick it in the eye of all the rest. That isn't logical, it isn't smart, and will do way more harm than good. Even if it wasn't cruel...it is just an terrible strategy man. Hell DeSantis only won by .4% of the vote. (34k) He isn't exactly the Tom Brady of Governors...

edit to add: I dont think anyone without insurance should get help from the Feds but we need to make sure we rebuild the towns. We set aside money for that purpose, that is where our taxes should go. I would rather my money go to that than the ****ing military which just wastes it. These are still people, they are still Americans and we still have empathy.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 09-29-2022, 02:21 PM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I only stayed at a Holiday Inn but I would think if you set it up that it wasn't necessarily "home insurance" but more that if catastrophic damage happens they just fund your move. They don't pay you for your house and possessions, they just help you get started somewhere else. Set parameters on the area. You aren't so much "forcing" then you are just making relocation the payment. Call it "Relocation Indemnification" or something.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It would not be the first time that people were forced to move due to climate reasons. Cities have been moved being in a massive flood zone.

Comment

No I said "**** em" to the ****wits leaving Russia because they don't want to serve. They aren't leaving because of a Humanitarian Crisis they are leaving out of their own self interest. They were perfectly fine with Ukrainian Genocide when it didn't get in the way of their cozy lifestyle. Not even close to the same thing as Flo(R)ida. (not to mention Floridians are Americans, Russians are not)

I am all for helping the people who stay in Russia and are putting their lives at risk protesting the war. That is a crisis...a bunch of d-bag losers who have spent years turning a blind eye to Putin and giving the middle finger to The West can sit on it and spin. They aren't heroes they are ****ing puzzies and if Europe doesn't want them then too ****ing bad. Remember also, I said they can come here if they want...

You are talking about screwing over a lot of people who have no choice many of whom support our politics. You are going to make allies suffer to stick it in the eye of all the rest. That isn't logical, it isn't smart, and will do way more harm than good. Even if it wasn't cruel...it is just an terrible strategy man. Hell DeSantis only won by .4% of the vote. (34k) He isn't exactly the Tom Brady of Governors...

edit to add: I dont think anyone without insurance should get help from the Feds but we need to make sure we rebuild the towns. We set aside money for that purpose, that is where our taxes should go. I would rather my money go to that than the ****ing military which just wastes it. These are still people, they are still Americans and we still have empathy.
                              Going on your point- I'm other than making profitable companies suffer some due to lack of climate change policies- any other suggestions to get the people who deny what is going on to pay attention? The fact that the frequency of consistent US landfall locations are pretty rare- there are a ton of people in the Caribbean who go through this really often. Like I feel for Floridians, but in honestly- welcome to the suffering club. There are people in Puerto Rico who are still trying to deal with Maria 5 years since it happened, and they just got hammered with a lot of damage from Fiona. They will certainly not have power for a lot longer than most Florida will... And that's one of 4 islands that are part of the US who have been going through worse hurricanes- think of the rest of the Caribbean.... We've not heard one thing about Cuba- who got a pretty good hit from Ian.

There has to be a way to get people to change. But the only thing that seems to really stick is monetary.

Comment

So your big way to win elections is to not only say "**** em" to the Trumpers there but all the Blue people that live there as well? Jesus man that is Trumpian level stupid.

Not everyone can just up and move...should my buddy's mother just die because she can't come back here? She has voted Blue since the 60s...but **** her right?
                                Literally no one said let them die.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X