Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LynahFan
    replied
    There’s no “forcing” you to move; they simplify decline to insure your current address and the choice to move is up to you.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I've often wondered if it would be both legal and feasible for insurance companies to put a condition like that in the contract. If your dwelling is in a high-risk zone and is totaled by a hurricane or tornado, you only get the full settlement if you agree to relocate to or rebuild in a lower risk zone. The logistics of that would be difficult, as it would force a lot of people to move away from their places of work. So instead, the rates just become astronomical when you go to reinsure your new dwelling, or they just decline to insure you altogether.
    I think the legality would be fine. It's a contract and they are not obligated to insure you. So it's possible*. Im just not sure enforcing it would be a great look.

*I'm sure the lawyers here will chime in. :-)

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Any cash should be contingent on relocation.
    I've often wondered if it would be both legal and feasible for insurance companies to put a condition like that in the contract. If your dwelling is in a high-risk zone and is totaled by a hurricane or tornado, you only get the full settlement if you agree to relocate to or rebuild in a lower risk zone. The logistics of that would be difficult, as it would force a lot of people to move away from their places of work. So instead, the rates just become astronomical when you go to reinsure your new dwelling, or they just decline to insure you altogether.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Imho, they should force the insurance companies to cover all of the possible losses. That way there are real, profitable, companies that will recognize climate change and force their minons in congress to do something.

Making government pay for it does nothing, as we all already pay for welfare for the rich and powerful.
    I agree. I'm really tired of this ****. Someone has to do something.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Imho, they should force the insurance companies to cover all of the possible losses. That way there are real, profitable, companies that will recognize climate change and force their minons in congress to do something.

Making government pay for it does nothing, as we all already pay for welfare for the rich and powerful.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Actually what I do find funny is that you and I have changed positions on humanitarian relief. You say **** em to the Russians. I say **** em to the GOP.
    I’m not quite there but I’m so sick of people living the cruelty of desantis while they get crushed.

low taxes! Just can’t afford to you know, have a place to live that won’t flood every two years

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post

Daughter's roommate's family home is on the water on Sanibel. Insurance for tropical storm damage in places like that must be through the roof.
    Don't worry. The causeway bridge into Sanibel is gone so they won't get to the house for weeks at best.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Actually what I do find funny is that you and I have changed positions on humanitarian relief. You say **** em to the Russians. I say **** em to the GOP.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    He should make DeSantis be at every PC, every stop, and never let him talk. Cuck him all across Flo(R)ida with that sad fat face of his in those oversized suits.

As much fun as it is to say "**** em" it is not only cruel it makes no pragmatic sense. A lot of the effected areas are not Red abandoning the ones that are out of some vendetta makes us no better than Trump. We will give them the help and the money and we will make sure they never hear the end of it. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...
    Sorry. But **** em. They've voted against fighting climate change. They've chosen to live in Tampa and Ft Myers. They've chosen to not carry flood insurance. They've chosen to stay there. They won't even thank you for sending money. They aren't going to suddenly say "Yeah, let's vote blue and for climate change. We just keep sending money and they keep giving us the finger. And sending any more money is ****ing colossally stupid because that place is going to be a war zone for the next hundred years. Any cash should be contingent on relocation. We can't keep dumping hundreds of billions of dollars into an area that is only going to get worse.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    it will be trump who helps them. he and his followers in the gov'tment will be the ones in their corner. c'mon! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    He should make DeSantis be at every PC, every stop, and never let him talk. Cuck him all across Flo(R)ida with that sad fat face of his in those oversized suits.

As much fun as it is to say "**** em" it is not only cruel it makes no pragmatic sense. A lot of the effected areas are not Red abandoning the ones that are out of some vendetta makes us no better than Trump. We will give them the help and the money and we will make sure they never hear the end of it. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Biden needs to openly troll Desantis the entire time he is down in FL viewing the relief effort. Never let him live his past claims down.

Most of the morons won't get it... But if we can get the lightbulb to blink on a few it's a good thing in the grand scheme...

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Who do you think is going to pick up the tab?
    Us, when the feds bail them all out in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

A guy at work today was telling me about this. He was saying the mainstream carriers don’t even offer coverage down there and the ones that do were skint before the storm. Who do you think is going to pick up the tab?
    I know those selfish hypocrites on Martha's Vineyard won't put up a single penny!

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post
    The estimate in property damage was $35 billion before the storm made landfall. Only 13% of Florida residents have flood insurance, and Florida’s insurance industry was $1 billion short before the storm hit. This is going to end real well.
    A guy at work today was telling me about this. He was saying the mainstream carriers don’t even offer coverage down there and the ones that do were skint before the storm. Who do you think is going to pick up the tab?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X