Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    We need to continue to fight the Nazi's. Elaine Luria lost her race in Virginia. Very disappointed in that race as well.

Washington, D.C. — Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement on the election result in Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District:
    “Congresswoman Elaine Luria is a patriot, whose determination to defend our Democracy has earned the respect of her colleagues and so many across the country.
    “After two decades of distinguished leadership in the United States Navy, she again stepped forward to serve her nation in the House of Representatives. Her military expertise has been an invaluable asset to our Caucus and the Congress: from the Armed Services Committee, where she served as Vice Chair, to the Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security Committees. In the wake of the staggering January 6th attack, she inspired all freedom-loving Americans with her principled, bipartisan and unifying work to protect our precious Democracy on the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack.
    “While Congresswoman Luria will be sorely missed by her colleagues in the Congress, we aredeeply grateful for her distinguished service to our nation. On behalf of House Democrats, we wish her, her husband Robert and her daughter Violette the best in their next chapter.”
    https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/11922-2

We need people like her in leadership. Virginia made a glaring mistake in rejecting her.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post
    Ralston, Nevada election expert, thinks Cortez Masto is going to win. Said there's plenty of mail-in ballots left in Clark that she's currently winning at almost 2-1 margin; even if that drops to 55-35, she pulls ahead with rural voting spent.
    If this is true it would make my day.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Dr. Mrs. and I had a long talk about this in the shower because hey that's what we do in the shower nowadays.

BLUF: If Dump runs, as he almost positively will to try to avoid the electric chair, then it has to be Biden/Harris again, no way around it. But if Dump doesn't run or somehow the DOJ descends from its self-appointed place outside of history and time and reality and actually indicts the mother****er, and if Biden decides not to run, then I would like to see Fetterman take a run at the ring and if he grabs it then a Fetterman/Abrams ticket.

And outside of Biden I don't think I ever want to see another Dem under my present age (59.75 if you're scoring at home) in leadership. And in strategy I would skip GenX entirely and just use Millennials for strategy leadership and Gen Z's for foot soldiers to start building a bench. Virtually the entire composition of the party who entered prior to 2020 are compromised by the defeatism of the Boomers in general and the coopted cynicism of the Clintonistas and even the Obalmers. Time to dust my broom and sweep them all out.
    I like Abrams, but she is 0 for 2 in a swing state that Democrats will need to win (especially if Florida continues trending red). Fetterman I'd like to hear more from (and ensure his health is ok) before putting him at the top of the ticket. Possible options that come to mind might be Roy Cooper, Jared Polis. Gavin Newsom seems to be positioning himself for a run at some point. I've also been a big fan of Seth Moulton for some time.... would love to see him take another run. I'm also still a Kamala fan.
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-10-2022, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Paul Ryan does soul searching, finds balls, says what we've said for six years...
    Reality is setting in and they realize there is no path forward...

Of course Dumpy doesn't realize this.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Paul Ryan does soul searching, finds balls, says what we've said for six years...

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Ralston, Nevada election expert, thinks Cortez Masto is going to win. Said there's plenty of mail-in ballots left in Clark that she's currently winning at almost 2-1 margin; even if that drops to 55-35, she pulls ahead with rural voting spent.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I misunderstood Alaska’s system. I thought after each round if a candidate gets over 50% then it is over, so Peltola would only need to gain about 3k votes. But it looks like if you don’t get 50% in the first round it immediately goes through two more rounds until it’s a two horse race and then there’s a winner.

So really we’re still in the same spot as the special in hoping Palin finishes second since Begich will have more no votes or crossovers.
    It should check after each round if someone has 50%+1 because once someone has that they win.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Twitter blue check going splendidly if anyone was wondering
    https://twitter.com/hehewaitwhut/sta...7K2v7XiKBNMVfQ

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/SpiroAgnewGhost/...k9gKPK_NQ&s=19

The 203-seat Pennsylvania State House is expected to flip blue by a *1* seat margin when the dust settles.

In that seat, Democrat Mark Moffa currently leads by *2* votes.

2 votes could determine the PA State House Majority.

Every. Vote. Matters.
    Holy...

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    I misunderstood Alaska’s system. I thought after each round if a candidate gets over 50% then it is over, so Peltola would only need to gain about 3k votes. But it looks like if you don’t get 50% in the first round it immediately goes through two more rounds until it’s a two horse race and then there’s a winner.

So really we’re still in the same spot as the special in hoping Palin finishes second since Begich will have more no votes or crossovers.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Yeah, fetter man doesn't do much for me as a president.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I wonder how many Rs lost because Of all the covidiots who refused vaccination or any precautionary measures because it was fake news and did us all a favor and died
    More than they want to think about!

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Qucumber went from being up 36 votes to down 64...yowzers.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I wonder how many Rs lost because Of all the covidiots who refused vaccination or any precautionary measures because it was fake news and did us all a favor and died

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Dr. Mrs. and I had a long talk about this in the shower because hey that's what we do in the shower nowadays.

BLUF: If Dump runs, as he almost positively will to try to avoid the electric chair, then it has to be Biden/Harris again, no way around it. But if Dump doesn't run or somehow the DOJ descends from its self-appointed place outside of history and time and reality and actually indicts the mother****er, and if Biden decides not to run, then I would like to see Fetterman take a run at the ring and if he grabs it then a Fetterman/Abrams ticket.

And outside of Biden I don't think I ever want to see another Dem under my present age (59.75 if you're scoring at home) in leadership. And in strategy I would skip GenX entirely and just use Millennials for strategy leadership and Gen Z's for foot soldiers to start building a bench. Virtually the entire composition of the party who entered prior to 2020 are compromised by the defeatism of the Boomers in general and the coopted cynicism of the Clintonistas and even the Obalmers. Time to dust my broom and sweep them all out.
    Not sure about Fetterman but the rest is pretty solid!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X