Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

In fairness, most state legs are so gerrymandered already that it's almost impossible for them to get redder even if there was a red wave.

Iowa was a ****ing bloodbath second only to Florida, and yet they only picked up 1 or 2 seats in each chamber in the state house because there weren't any more to take. They basically have everything outside of Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and the college towns already.
    Except the flips prove it is more than just "The GOP held serve" which is the common retort. The states that need Blue Waves got them in spades. While the media fawns over FL and their gerrymandered Red Wave the truth is the GOP lost ground all over the map. The Blue Wall that failed in 2016 is back and stronger because in places like Michigan and Pennsylvania there will be no state leg skullduggery.

This is more than just "you can't squeeze blood from a turnip".

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yes but when you amortize it it actually didn't work!

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Hey Drew: https://***********/nprpolitics/stat...17346843738113

During the 2022 primaries, Democrats attempted to boost far-right Republican candidates who they thought would be easier to defeat in a general election. That strategy seems to have worked.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    In fairness, most state legs are so gerrymandered already that it's almost impossible for them to get redder even if there was a red wave.

Iowa was a ****ing bloodbath second only to Florida, and yet they only picked up 1 or 2 seats in each chamber in the state house because there weren't any more to take. They basically have everything outside of Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and the college towns already.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Picked up a governing trifecta in Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Minnesota, not to mention countless other gains and/or holds. Insane night at the state level.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    I wonder if there is some new set of laws now up to the states to determine that people feel strongly about. And if amendments in favor of one side of those laws won on every single ballot they are on.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Good shot at Nevada now in the Senate? I would breathe a sigh of relief if that happens.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://***********/mattmfm/status/1590891474060824576

Remarkable: this will be the first midterm the party in power hasn't lost a *single* state legislative chamber since 1934.
    That is...wow!

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This might be the most important election result in American history, as it was a direct contest between democracy and authoritarianism.

We give the electorate a lot of grief, deservedly. But let's give it a big hand. We kept it, Ben. At least for 2 more years.
    Agreed! I was more worried about that than The House or Senate. The States was where the skull**** would start!

This kind of reminds me of when Howard Dean was chair of the party. The 50 state solution...win in the down ballot races and build from there. The GOP was good at that before Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post
    but more importantly for us nationally, Masto is likely going to win.
    Hugely important.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Arizona looks to be in the bag for Democrats. Late voting is swinging D like 2018, not R like 2020. I think Dem incumbent Gov Sisolak in Nevada is going to fall just short though, but more importantly for us nationally, Masto is likely going to win.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    If I am reading the AZ results correctly, we shall have swept statewide.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    If Finchem loses in AZ - down by 109k votes rn - every "America First" SecState candidate will have lost.
    This might be the most important election result in American history, as it was a direct contest between democracy and authoritarianism.

We give the electorate a lot of grief, deservedly. But let's give it a big hand. We kept it, Ben. At least for 2 more years.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://***********/Redistrict/statu...44022939717633

I've seen enough: Sen. Mark Kelly (D) wins reelection in #AZSEN, defeating Blake Masters (R).
    edit: Also from 11/10...

https://***********/Redistrict/statu...93791576358912

After last night's NV mail ballot trend, excellent chance now that Dems will have 50 Senate seats/control in hand heading into the GA runoff.
    Now I have been giving Cook all sorts of crap lately but I always trust Wasserman.
    Last edited by Handyman; 11-11-2022, 02:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Since it's in recount range they may just leave it as too close to call, but I think at this point almost all the stragglers will have to be Frisch.
    I'm not gonna lie, they seem to think that is the case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X