Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenDys
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I've been playing The Oregon Trail on Apple Arcade lately (free 90 days with my new Macbook)
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Also, I don't at all agree that it's likely that educated people will "rebound" and start pumping out more babies.

Comment

• Like black and white or newer?

oh snap, do they have shuffle puck cafe?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            Also, I don't at all agree that it's likely that educated people will "rebound" and start pumping out more babies.
            Didn’t you know, women just need to grow up and start popping kids out. It’s what they’re supposed to do

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Like black and white or newer?

oh snap, do they have shuffle puck cafe?
              It's a new-ish version. My brother might call it woke, even. But really it's the same game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Just you wait for this Court.
                Yeah that is the only caveat to my point...birth control access is the greatest equalizer.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

It's a new-ish version. My brother might call it woke, even. But really it's the same game.
                  There was a version on Facebook back in the day which was fun. You could raid other wagons and lots of other fun updates.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The Millennials will be hated the way the Boomers are. And they will have the electoral power to be selfish the way the Boomers are.

But their choices about ethics and society may be different. Well, probably not, they haven't shown any sign of being any different and the leading edge is 40 now, so they'll most likely be Boomers Redux with some changes. Environmentalism, for instance, was started by the Boomers but they were utterly hypocritical about it. Maybe the Millennials won't be seeing as, you know, for their entire lives the planet has been on fire. The generations who come after will be less and less likely to resemble any generation alive now. They wont be the opposite either, they'll just be different.

I'm sorry if I'm being incoherent. I'm trying to get across two very different ideas. One is about generational power, the other is about the evolution of social values. The former is about numbers, the latter isn't predictable except for the likelihood that it will not map to what we think is so important now.

The unifying idea is that every generation in history has fancied itself something special. The specialness of a generation is like the specialness of a human being: for a brief period they get to be alive and their choices are humanity. But then they die and the next generation has the same specialness. There is no transcendent importance or value to any generation. They are all just the same ocean being jiggled about by tidal forces they aren't even aware of.

What is special, good or evil, idiotic or wise, new and exciting or traditional and foundational, is humanity. All the divisions within it are just marketing slogans to get saps to buy stuff.
                    Makes sense to me, but I'm just a boomer trying to avoid the hit.

Comment

• https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...&ICID=ref_fark

For what it's worth, so far millenials are bucking the trend of getting more conservative as they age.

Comment

Oregon Trail generation is the term I prefer
                        Just thinking about this a bit more. We went from basically having no computers in the classroom to cell phones in every pocket by the time we graduated high school. By the time we graduated college, the iPhone was released.

We went from no internet to ubiquitous connectivity (and that was in like, six or seven years!). This had to have been what it was like to have no electricity to electricity in every home. But insanely compacted in terms of time.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...&ICID=ref_fark

For what it's worth, so far millenials are bucking the trend of getting more conservative as they age.
                          I posted results of the study, which started this entire discussion

Comment

Just thinking about this a bit more. We went from basically having no computers in the classroom to cell phones in every pocket by the time we graduated high school. By the time we graduated college, the iPhone was released.

We went from no internet to ubiquitous connectivity (and that was in like, six or seven years!). This had to have been what it was like to have no electricity to electricity in every home. But insanely compacted in terms of time.
                            I think one of the big reasons* That 70’s Show was such a success was that it came out when that world still existed for the teens it was targeting. Driving around town aimlessly was a fun night, as was doing absolutely nothing in your friend’s basements. Being bored was fine as long you were bored together.

*Other reasons are Kurtwood Smith and Debra Jo Rupp killing it.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I think one of the big reasons* That 70â??s Show was such a success was that it came out when that world still existed for the teens it was targeting. Driving around town aimlessly was a fun night, as was doing absolutely nothing in your friendâ??s basements. Being bored was fine as long you were bored together.

*Other reasons are Kurtwood Smith and Debra Jo Rupp killing it.
                              I think you're dead on. And red foreman was one of the great characters in television.

I still remember in college that driving around was still a thing to some extent.

Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Makes sense to me, but I'm just a boomer trying to avoid the hit.
                                No one was suggesting that Boomers will be more hated than anyone else...the point was that later generations are showing to procreate less around the world especially as education rises. Boomers are so sensitive ;^)

When you don't have to worry about tending the farms or half your kids dying early you just don't care to have a litter. When you don't fear the Old Man in the Sky you don't either.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X