Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The seat is actually more important than we think. Democrats get a little bit more power at 51-50 and any power is a good thing at this point.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The seat is actually more important than we think. Democrats get a little bit more power at 51-50 and any power is a good thing at this point.
      True.

Just as the realization that over 60 million people supported Dump was as frightening as the man himself, the fact that Walker is so competitive, despite his obvious incompetence, is far more frightening than the fool himself. Georgia has proven herself, but that is some scary shyt down in that part of the woods.
      Last edited by burd; 12-04-2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• He's one of the tribe, all that matters.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          The seat is actually more important than we think. Democrats get a little bit more power at 51-50 and any power is a good thing at this point.
          Oh, absolutely. It means that Dems only have to buy off one of Manchin or Sienema, let the other vote no, and Kamala still breaks the tie. It’s a whole different ballgame when the Dems only need one of them and not both.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Plus no deal for committees the Dems would have legit control.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Plus no deal for committees the Dems would have legit control.
              This. More important than folks realize.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This. More important than folks realize.
                I remember posting a couple things last year about the importance of 51/49 versus 50/50. One post I think was about the Senate Parliamentarian ruling that a majority of the Senate Budget Committee had to vote to revise budget resolutions multiple times per year (read: one extra budget reconciliation bill in 2021), since such a resolution wasn't allowed to be automatically discharged to the Senate floor. Since no GOP member would ever vote to advance one (partisan) budget reconciliation bill, much less more than one in one year, the opportunity for that third budget reconciliation died with the 50/50 chamber (Manchin killed the second budget reconciliation bill late last year anyways, but I digress). The second post was along the lines of the importance of 51/49 complete control of committees while rendering Manchin less important. Blind squirrels and nuts and all, and I certainly don't expect anyone to remember what I posted 18 minutes ago, much less 18 months ago, but we're in on this one together.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Oh, absolutely. It means that Dems only have to buy off one of Manchin or Sienema, let the other vote no, and Kamala still breaks the tie. It’s a whole different ballgame when the Dems only need one of them and not both.
                  This. 51-49 means they can allow Manchin to break from the party when necessary to try and save his seat going into 2024, and tell Sinema to quit dicking around and start voting like the transplanted AZ liberals who elected her if she wants to raise her approval rating and keep hers.

Comment

• Sinema is DOA. The entire AZ Dem party called her out for not lifting a finger to help Hobbs and Company.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Arizona finally certifies their results.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Counts looking good for warnock so far

Comment

• https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blo...walker/351714/

Expand the rows and then sort by change. All the big county changes are in Warnock's direction. 38 counties have changed by 4% or more (up to 23%). All 38 in the direction of Warnock. That suggests the gap should start to significantly widen.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-06-2022, 08:26 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Dave Wasserman

@Redistrict
                            ?
                            17s
                            I've seen enough: Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) defeats Herschel Walker (R) in the #GASEN runoff, giving Democrats a 51-49 majority in the Senate.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• I mean with early voting numbers it was bound to be good news but I like that it is already "over".
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Yeah but they haven't counted the votes from all of the Walker's kids yet.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X