Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The media narrative didn't cost us the House; gerrymandering did.
    If anything, our state has shown a path for state who want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
      https://www.vo*****/policy-and-polit...crats-election

Thank you, Simon Rosenberg, via Vox, for the explainer. Handy, you or someone cited him as a voice cautioning against any red wave, much less a big one. Too bad the narrative might have cost us the House.
      Simon was way out in front because he talked to actual pollsters not people who interpret them or aggregate them. He saw the flaw in what Nate and Cook Report were doing...

When it became clear after EN that the wave wasn't happening the media started to ask people like him how the narrative got so messed up. Someone put it this way:

"pollsters asked respondents if crime was a major factor and they said yes. The pundits stopped reading right there. The pollsters followed up though asking who was to blame and it was rarely Biden or the Dems and that was also the case for inflation and gas prices."

Also lots of anecdotal stories about how if pundits talked to conservative women they never asked them the abortion question...

It was either laziness or trying to force a narrative so badly it bordered on malpractice. It's why I argue against stuff like 538...it leaves the context out. Stats show Bidens approval rating sucks yet he had an amazing midterms and no one seems keen on replacing him with a GOPer. There are mitigating factors at play that get lost in the analytics. Same held true for Trump...polls can't really express the "Cult of Personality " he had which is why despite his dismal numbers in polling he overperformed. You need more info...

As for The House...they lost it cause NY went sideways both because of the Court ruling and bad choices.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Luzerne county in AZ votes to not certify election results today.

elias incoming with the suit

Comment

• Aren't these counties Kari Lake won? What is the point to just delay because Maricopa certified it's over.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Meanwhile Walker says no one under 32 should be allowed to vote and peaceful protests should not be allowed after 5pm...what the actual ****?!
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Hahahahaha

https://***********/patrickdmarley/s...ufgEHi1t3LeCag

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Wow. It doesn't look like he's made a single tweet since election day.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Meanwhile Walker says no one under 32 should be allowed to vote and peaceful protests should not be allowed after 5pm...what the actual ****?!
                  If Walker wins, the best he can hope to accomplish as Senator would be to abstain on each and every vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

If Walker wins, the best he can hope to accomplish as Senator would be to abstain on each and every vote.
                    Well, that fits with the right's abstinence-only policy....
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• I mean, I just…

https://***********/ronfilipkowski/s...FfP-rDD54K7l7w

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        He's actually dumber than Dump. That is breathtaking.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Oops
                          https://www.yahoo.com/news/complaint...205555080.html
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Man GA is voting at record clips. Warnock has to be loving that!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Man GA is voting at record clips. Warnock has to be loving that!
                              If Warnock does win, it's too bad this seat is not more critical; it would be an even stronger statement.

Either way, it's pretty clear that Dump's appeal is weakening in Ga.
                              Last edited by burd; 12-04-2022, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

If Warnock does win, it's too bad this seat is not more critical; it would be an even stronger statement.

Either way, it's pretty clear that Dump's appeal is weakening in Ga.
                                Yep...

If this was a normal election Walker's advisors would have shut him up months ago. His numbers go down every time he speaks near a mic.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X