Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...hO1Wl-Ukg&s=19

Herschel Walker falsely accused Raphael Warnock of sexual and physical abuse at a youth camp.
    Walker: “This young man said there was sexual abuse and there was physical abuse. I’m like, who did that? It has to be Senator Raphael Warnock because he was responsible for it.”
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Defamation. Sick ****

anyome that votes for this scum can rot in the depths of hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        So multiple counties in AZ are delaying certification because bannon and other ****nuts are telling them to
        And Eva Bronze is digging in.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Every accusation by a Republican is actually a confession.

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/23/polit...off/index.html

Huh. Imagine that.

Comment

• Georgia Supreme Court reinstates ban on abortions.

get out and vote ladies.

oh and Herschel today kept saying erection instead of election.

Comment

Georgia Supreme Court reinstates ban on abortions.

get out and vote ladies.

They also dismissed the GQP's complaint about voting this saturday, and will allow it.

Comment

• Surprised that nobody has poste the AK results-

Of course Murkowski won, but it's official that Peltola beat Palin in the single seat for Alaska.

Comment

Georgia Supreme Court reinstates ban on abortions.

get out and vote ladies.

I saw today that Walker is claiming Texas as his home and full time residence. Doesn't that mean he can't run for Senate in another state? Curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I saw today that Walker is claiming Texas as his home and full time residence. Doesn't that mean he can't run for Senate in another state? Curious.
                      I'm very curious about this as well.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Article I, Section 3, Clause 3:

No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen.

From here:

Inhabitancy: Although England repealed Parliament's residency law in 1774, no delegates spoke against a residency requirement for members of Congress. The qualification first came under consideration on August 6, when the Committee of Detail reported its draft of the Constitution. Article 5, section 3 of that draft stated, "Every member of the Senate shall be . . . at the time of his election, a resident of the state from which he shall be chosen."

On August 8 Connecticut's Roger Sherman moved to strike the word "resident" from the language dealing with requirements for members of the House and insert in its place "inhabitant," a term he considered to be "less liable to misconstruction." Madison seconded the motion, noting that "resident" might exclude people occasionally absent on public or private business. Delegates agreed to the term "inhabitant" and voted against adding a time period to the requirement. The following day, they amended the Senate qualification to include the word "inhabitant" prior to passing the clause by unanimous consent.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 11-24-2022, 12:04 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Texas gave Walker lifetime residency plus anything else he asks for as thanks for the Great Cowboy/Viking Ripoff.

Comment

• https://www.vo*****/policy-and-polit...crats-election

Thank you, Simon Rosenberg, via Vox, for the explainer. Handy, you or someone cited him as a voice cautioning against any red wave, much less a big one. Too bad the narrative might have cost us the House.

Comment

• The media narrative didn't cost us the House; gerrymandering did.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                The media narrative didn't cost us the House; gerrymandering did.
                                That definitely played a huge role. Rosenberg is saying the media narrative also played a role. Obviously more than one factor cost Democrats the House.

Comment

Working...
                                X