Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I thought part of her deal in 2018 to become speaker was that she would only stay as speaker for two terms.
    Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Tennessee holler reminding everyone today that TN went from 8-2 R to 9-1 by splitting up Nashville. 35% dem voters in state with a 9-1 split is almost Wisconsin level of thuggery
      How about Ohio? For the last few cycles it was a 12-4 R/D split with 46% of the votes on average going to Democratic House candidates.

Perhaps the most surprising thing about the 2022 election to me is that Ohio's House split went from 12-4 R to 10-5 R (we lost a seat following the 2020 census). This was helped by flipping the 1st District, around Cincinnati, to the Democrat Greg Landsman. It was also aided in large part by the defeat of an idiot MAGA candidate in the newly drawn 13th district by Amilia Sykes. The 13th had been Tim Ryan's House district in Ohio but after redrawn lines would have given him zero chance to win in a district he actually lived in, he decided to lose a Senate race instead of a House race.

Ohio did its small part in blowing the "red wave in the house" narrative out of the water. About Sherrod Brown though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        I thought part of her deal in 2018 to become speaker was that she would only stay as speaker for two terms.
        Well she won't be Speaker anyways...unless the GOP goes into full revolt ;^)

There is no reason for her to be Minority Leader because nothing Qevin (or whoever) does has zero chance of having any real impact on anything. Time to cultivate the next round of leadership.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Steny Hoyer also stepping down from House Dem leadership; he's endorsing Hakeem Jeffries for Minority Leader (pardon the pun).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Steny Hoyer also stepping down from House Dem leadership; he's endorsing Hakeem Jeffries for Minority Leader (pardon the pun).
            What is he, 50?

Too old. Next.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• He's 52. At least he's under 60.

Comment

• Is there any Democrat that can wrangle the caucus?

I'm trying to think of one and I'm coming up blank.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Jeffries is good...honestly I don't see the worry they are a minority party that will never vote with Qevin on anything.

Raskin could do it too but I don't ever see him as Speaker so no point.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Why is investigating Hunter Biden a federal government issue? Isn't that an FBI thing? Also, it's hilarious to go after him after what Kushner and Steve Mnuchin pulled. It's always projection with these ****ing clowns.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Jeffries is good...honestly I don't see the worry they are a minority party that will never vote with Qevin on anything.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Jeffries is good...honestly I don't see the worry they are a minority party that will never vote with Qevin on anything.

Some of the "Republicans in Ruin" speculation is pretty funny. Where a tiny handful of R's switch sides to get something done, or a more than tiny handful of Q nutcases make it impossible... Qevin is in an amazing spot- to fail. Literally damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Comment

• 52, 59, and 43?: https://twitter.com/baseballot/statu...24412597637125

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Cured and military ballots are coming in now for CO 03. Frisch has cut the lead to 557 with three larger counties remaining and three small counties. Two of the three larger counties went red on election night, but he’s been gaining everywhere so far on cured ballots. At the very least, it’ll be going to a recount.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            2 Gen X (oldest millennial is 41) and a tail end Boomer. Could be worse.

Comment

• So, Pelosi-Hoyer-Clyburn out, replaced by who? Jeffries, Clark and Aguilar?

(83+83+82) - (59+52+43) = 248 - 154 = 94 years (edited be I cannot math)
                              Last edited by Kepler; 11-18-2022, 02:56 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The same reason we wondered about how easy it would be to pick off a couple moderate republicans to form a coalition. Discipline is important.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X