Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest drop Lake wins but not by enough.

https://***********/Garrett_Archer/s...hBuoq1qcA&s=19

97k ballots dropped in Maricopa
    @KariLake 54.6%
    @katiehobbs 45.4%

Lake net gain +8,911
    Most of the nerds think it's all over but the shouting. She needed to do better than that.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Latest drop Lake wins but not by enough.

https://***********/Garrett_Archer/s...hBuoq1qcA&s=19

Most of the nerds think it's all over but the shouting. She needed to do better than that.
      Somehow I remember Maricopa County favoring dens more….. but maybe I’m misremembering

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Somehow I remember Maricopa County favoring dens more….. but maybe I’m misremembering
        Maricopa is a huge county. There are pockets of derp in it.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

It's very purple. Early vote heavily favors the Dems, in person is closer to Red but not as bad as it has been. It's why she needs to do better than 54%.

Plus I believe there is still more votes in Pima which favors Hobbs. Wasserman said there isnt much of a path.

Speaking of Wasserman: https://***********/Redistrict/statu...KgS-JPfiQ&s=19

I've seen enough: Andrea Salinas (D) defeats Mike Erickson (R) in #OR06. A critical Dem pickup in Oregon's newly added seat.
          Edit: Wasserman has it at 219-216 GOP.
          Last edited by Handyman; 11-13-2022, 08:18 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/JoeTrippi/status...u2F9j0sFA&s=19

Interesting info on how focus group info was apparently misinterpreted.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Best midterm for the incumbent in x years and guys like Wasserman are still harping about how it’s bad for Democrats. All he’s talking about is NY and then this morning blaming Levin in MI for not running in previously-thought-lost-forever Macomb County MI10 rather than asking how the GOP lost the county to Whitmer and how John James nearly blew another election.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Tennessee holler reminding everyone today that TN went from 8-2 R to 9-1 by splitting up Nashville. 35% dem voters in state with a 9-1 split is almost Wisconsin level of thuggery

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Best midterm for the incumbent in x years and guys like Wasserman are still harping about how it’s bad for Democrats. All he’s talking about is NY and then this morning blaming Levin in MI for not running in previously-thought-lost-forever Macomb County MI10 rather than asking how the GOP lost the county to Whitmer and how John James nearly blew another election.
                  He does know that NY was forced to redistrict in favor of the GOP?
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

He does know that NY was forced to redistrict in favor of the GOP?
                    He does. But he also (correctly) acknowledges it was their own doing. They submitted maps, NY SC said it was too gerrymandered, go back and redo it. They decided not to, so the court drew them up much more evenly.

Still, that’s going to be the big Dems in Disarray story while ignoring that Ohio and Florida did the same thing but were able to run out the clock in both cases and use either the existing maps or their new gerrymandered ones.

Yeah, the NY Dems fumbled, but are we really going to frame it that the problem is the Dems didn’t cheat enough?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• It's crazy to me that, but a few missteps in NY (of all places) and a light handful of blown races, the Democrats could have held the house.

We should always self-evaluate, but calling this a meaningful loss for the Democrats is ridiculous.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• It is the ultimate moving of the goalposts. This went from "they have no chance" to "if they hadn't screwed up it would have been a lock". Cook needs to protect their narratives...

Speaking of protecting narratives: https://***********/tripgabriel/stat...73610860421122

The NYT/Siena poll actually was a solid indicator of how things turned out...but the people who worked for the Times ignored it to keep up their "Red Wave" rhetoric.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 11-14-2022, 10:11 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/kylegriffin1/sta...85590002454528

NBC News projects: Gabriel Vasquez (D) wins NM-2. Democrat gain. @MSNBC
                          Not sure if this has been put in here yet...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Checkout this tweet from August 31st: https://***********/umichvoter/statu...72942446665729

Based on special elections and generic ballot and president approval trends, I’d say we are probably at about a 50-49 Dem senate with GA headed to runoff and 219-216 GOP house. Things could change tho
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Christopher Bouzy...whose model called the Senate 3 days ago...says his model has the Dems winning 219. I highly highly doubt it but he has been way closer than anyone else.
                              It looks like he’s changing his projection now to 218, and that’s including Boebert’s seat getting flipped by cured ballots.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

It looks like he’s changing his projection now to 218, and that’s including Boebert’s seat getting flipped by cured ballots.
                                It is funny to watch the people responding to his tweets trash everyone who is doing...exactly what he is doing. Maybe he is the new Elon ;^)
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X