Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    What's equally funny is the incels who are responding to these Tweets that "lib cat ladies" aren't worth the trouble and they won't date/marry them, LMAO.
    Those women would make those guys spend all of their time at gay things like quilting bees. They'd rather go watch pro wrestling with all of their male friends.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

It'll be a disaster for the GOP. The Freedom Caucus ruined Boehner and Ryan as Speaker and they had a stronger grasp. A bunch of Qanoners with a tiny majority will be a ****show. They're gonna look like the Tories in Britain right now.
      And the downside?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Lauren Boebert has taken the lead. Sigh. I hate hate hate there was so much gloating yesterday.

Comment

• The remaining votes are supposedly all from heavy Frisch counties, so it’s not over yet. This is a tedious process, though. Apparently the machine rejects 60% of ballots due to signature. And that’s considered normal. So there’s a lot of human work involved.

This might seriously come down to who is an engaged voter and willing to go get their ballot cured if the signature is rejected by the machine and the human.

https://twitter.com/annalynnfrey/sta...dY4iMZKye7hluw
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Bad news everyone. What I thoguth was going to happen, happened.

The outstanding votes in CO were indeed not from the locations promised but WERE in the counties I kept seeing were open. So they flipped her seat, AZ6, CA41, MD6

Final projection now 214-221 :-(
            Senate Governors Sec of State House
            State Reporting Needed State Reporting Needed State Reporting Needed Code State Reporting Needed
            AZ 79.7% -11.8% AZ 79.3% -3.6% AZ 78.5% -10.8% AK D
            AK 70.3% 133.2% NV 90.3% 13.4% NV 90.1% 0.2% H1 AZ 75.1% -3.2% D
            GA 93.9% -10.9% GA 94.1% GA 93.0% H2 AZ 69.9% R
            NV 90.3% 6.0% MI 96.1% MN 94.2% H4 AZ 73.4% -26.1% D
            CO 90.5% MN 94.7% MI 95.9% H6 AZ 81.5% 3.9% R
            NH 83.6% WI 96.9% H3 CA 63.2% 7.1% R
            PA 95.6% H6 CA 26.6% -7.9% D
            NC 92.3% H9 CA 53.0% -10.5% D
            OH 93.7% H13 CA 41.6% -0.2% D
            WI 96.9% H21 CA 41.1% -5.8% D
            IA 92.7% H22 CA 40.8% 3.3% R
            FL 96.5% H23 CA 37.1% R
            H25 CA 42.4% -14.5% D
            H26 CA 50.4% -7.6% D
            H27 CA 45.6% 14.0% R
            H40 CA 43.5% R
            H41 CA 42.6% 0.3% R
            H45 CA 48.9% 10.2% R
            H47 CA 60.3% -1.2% D
            H49 CA 60.4% -3.6% D
            H3 CO 95.3% 2.2% R
            H8 CO 90.0% -1.5% D
            H5 CT 96.5% -8.9% D
            H17 IL 92.6% -21.2% D
            H3 IA 90.4% 4.3% R
            H2 ME 52.8% -69.4% D
            H6 MD 88.3% 9.7% R
            H10 MI 99.0% R
            H1 MT 93.5% 30.0% R
            H1 NV 85.7% -12.4% D
            H3 NV 87.9% -6.3% D
            H4 NV 83.8% -13.7% D
            H2 NM 92.0% -5.6% D
            H4 NY 92.5% R
            H17 NY 97.0% R
            H18 NY 95.6% -7.9% D
            H19 NY 96.1% R
            H22 NY 96.0% 15.0% R
            H5 OR 70.6% 5.2% R
            H6 OR 73.7% -4.9% D
            H3 WA 79.1% -9.8% D
            H8 WA 70.3% -15.2% D
            H10 WA 65.7% -21.7% D
            H15 CA D
            H34 CA D
            H37 CA D
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• That doesn't seem to jive with the post previous to yours?

And I am sure it is just how you worded it messing with me, but why would a county in CO affect the other counties you mentioned?

Anyways I think you might want to wait on updating because it seems all the news out there (even from official sites) is suspect whether it is good or bad at this moment.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                That doesn't seem to jive with the post previous to yours?

And I am sure it is just how you worded it messing with me, but why would a county in CO affect the other counties you mentioned?

Anyways I think you might want to wait on updating because it seems all the news out there (even from official sites) is suspect whether it is good or bad at this moment.
                Keep in mind, my data doesn't rely on news reports, it relies on the actual data.

What matters is how many precincts are reporting, how many votes are in, who the votes were cast for, and then uses that in combination with the expected # of votes to determine the state of the race.

My previous post said that it looked like the counties that Frisch was more heavily favored didn't have any outstanding precincts left. The overwhelming majority of precincts left were in red counties.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I made this comment on Twitter election night in response to someone saying they want the media to talk about how the GOP rhetoric turned off voters:

"Good luck with that. By this time next week we will be hearing about how tonight was actually BAD for the Dems because "Dems in Disarray" is all the corporate media cares about."

Someone responded to my comment with this:

Non-Trumper Twitter is not being kind to the Times right now and I am here for it!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Keep in mind, my data doesn't rely on news reports, it relies on the actual data.

What matters is how many precincts are reporting, how many votes are in, who the votes were cast for, and then uses that in combination with the expected # of votes to determine the state of the race.

My previous post said that it looked like the counties that Frisch was more heavily favored didn't have any outstanding precincts left. The overwhelming majority of precincts left were in red counties.
                    Right but I wasnt talking about your previous post I was referencing the one Spartan posted from the local person this morning saying that seems to be inaccurate.

I know where you are getting your data, and from what I am seeing it seems even the official sources (i.e. government sites counting the ballots) are not up to speed right now. The precincts seem to be a mess in quite a few places.

(not saying you are wrong, just saying you might be premature ;^) )
                    Last edited by Handyman; 11-10-2022, 02:25 PM.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Yeah, I don’t think Colorado’s system works great for the data. It appears that precincts can and do report multiple times. Dx, you said Pueblo was far under expected votes yesterday. It sounds like there is still a good chunk to go. Whether those votes work in Frisch’s favor depending on same day or late mail and yada yada is a different story (if that type of trend even happens in CO), but either these reporters are being lied to by clerks or there are still votes out there in blue counties.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• CO-08 is interesting because the Republican conceded yesterday while still within very close range and it’s only gotten closer. Now within 150 votes.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          If dxs projection is right and it ends up 218-217 I think we might see McCarthy go apoplectic because (and yes I do honestly mean this) I think Biden can get a non-Trumper Rep to switch sides on certain issues. It won't be anything major mind you but enough to continue to show how good he actually is at his job.

Also, a one seat majority will likely kill MTGs coming "IM GUNA IMPEACH DA BIDEN!!1@" act.
                          Just the opposite. It increases MTG's power. She will lead a small group of extremist votes which she can ransom off to any R agenda that comes up in the House. Think how a Parliamentary system works -- the smaller parties sometimes have more power than the majority party. This is where MTG will fall into.

Impeachment may be off the table, but she will cause a lot more trouble in other areas.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I'm a little worried about getting a bunch of 18-22 year-olds to see how Uncle Joe gets credit and to vote for an octogenarian who is old enough to remember segregation, but as long as they do then demographics will not favor the GOP any longer.

For the good of the party, I hope some of our fossilized Dems in Congress are convinced to retire in 2024, particularly in the Senate. Debbie Stabenow, I'm looking at you - you'll be 74 in 2024, it's time to hand over the reins. I can think of at least 3 MI women who should be in the running to take over her seat.
                            I have no problem with Stabenow. I didn't have a problem with Levin either tbh. Senate positions are too precious to risk so I'm fine with another 6 years of Stabenow than have it up to chance with another Peters type election. Or ideally Stabenow gets re-elected and then retires 2 years into the term with Whitmer replacing her.
                            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Just the opposite. It increases MTG's power. She will lead a small group of extremist votes which she can ransom off to any R agenda that comes up in the House. Think how a Parliamentary system works -- the smaller parties sometimes have more power than the majority party. This is where MTG will fall into.

Impeachment may be off the table, but she will cause a lot more trouble in other areas.
                              Colbert's guest made this point very well. "The optimal majority for any Member is one, because every man is a king." The smaller Meadows' majority, the more chaos and the more ulcers he gets. When he was Speaker, Newt Gingrich called his own party "****ing cannibals."
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

There isn't much trouble to cause though. Sure she can scream and yell and get put on committees and jam them up, but she has no authority to do anything and she certainly won't have a full on coalition of the GOP. All you need is 1 Kinzinger and she is as impotent as her soon to be ex husband. ;^)

If it was someone that was less, ummm, vitriolic I would agree with you 100%. If it was someone who was, umm, more political I would 100% agree with you. She will do more damage to them than she will to the country if she is the face of the Trumper Wing of a slim majority. (see also: Gaetz, Matt)
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X