Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Dems in Disarray!11!!1
    Anyone who believes the NYT is the liberal media is a fool. The NYT is part of the enemy. It is the newspaper of the class which has immiserated the rest of the country: mine. I grew up reading it and I know how its readership thinks. Their slanting of the political news is exactly on point. They are the stenographer of the ruling class. They are the Voice of the Co-opted.

Last edited by Kepler; 11-06-2022, 02:13 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

"Fund Differently" isn't as catchy.

Hell, to your point, https://www.axios.com/local/atlanta/...und-the-police

But that certainly hasn't stopped the breathless media coverage, and I'm not even talking about the right wing nonsensesphere.
      That is my whole point the Dems are the ones trying to fund policing yet the media is all over the place saying they want to defund it. There is zero pushback when they are confronted about it or when the GOP lies about it to their face. I get the GOP lying but the Fourth Estate is supposed to be the ones giving us facts, not tacitly (or openly) pushing false narratives so as not to upset their corporate masters. That is why they accused a rape victim of lying about having to travel for an abortion and why now none of the harrowing stories we see and hear every day of the struggle women have are even on the news anymore. (and will likely be off Twitter too which is where most are telling their story)

Look I have spent most of my 42 years ripping the Dems for their messaging, this election is not one I would do it with. They talk about everything they accomplished, they paint the GOP with the abortion stuff and have stayed out of the culture war nonsense. If people aren't listening and if the media is just ignoring it there just isn't anything they can do about that. If people are so dumb that they applaud GOPers who vote against everything they need then I am not sure what anyone expects the Dems to do. If a bunch of old Boomers are gonna vote to lower their taxes (which wont lower their taxes in any significant way) and then watch as their Social Security is taken away there is just no way to fight that kind of stupid. Same with women. If they would rather fall for lies about crime (crime is as bad or worse in Red States than Blue but hey facts don't matter) and sit back and watch as their body autonomy is taken away how do you combat that? Half this country wants to be lied to and doesn't care how it hurts them because tomorrow doesn't matter only right now.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Anyone who believes the NYT is the liberal media is a fool. The NYT is part of the enemy. It is the newspaper of the class which has immiserated the rest of the country: mine. I grew up reading it and I know how its readership thinks. Their slanting of the political news is exactly on point. They are the stenographer of the ruling class. They are the Voice of the Co-opted.

Yeah any last vestige they had of being even a "centrist" like voice died in 2016. Trump had been in bed with them for years and obviously MAGA Haberman is a major Trump ally so yeah.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/NoLieWithBTC/sta...x3byxfLrQ&s=19
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Democrats would be so ****ed right now if Republicans had selected normal politicians in the primaries, rather than ****ing batsh-t insane morons. That we even have a chance is astonishing, given the history of midterms. Roe v. Wade may still be our 9/11- but instead of losing 50 House seats and 3 Senate seats, our 9/11 will be losing 15 House seats and keeping the 50-50 Senate. It’s terrifying that the overturning of Roe v. Wade may only be good enough for that. I need some more positivity.
            Ralston of Nevada Independent says Democrats will need a strong mail-in ballot showing to make up for the lack of overall vote share currently in Clark County.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              i still have yet to hear anyone explain why people are voting for trickle down economics, racism, authoritarian rule, pedophilia, anti-police, and anti-democracy. I don't get it.
              Dem candidates and the people who run their campaigns are dumb ****s
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Democrats would be so ****ed right now if Republicans had selected normal politicians in the primaries, rather than ****ing batsh-t insane morons. That we even have a chance is astonishing, given the history of midterms. Roe v. Wade may still be our 9/11- but instead of losing 50 House seats and 3 Senate seats, our 9/11 will be losing 15 House seats and keeping the 50-50 Senate. It’s terrifying that the overturning of Roe v. Wade may only be good enough for that. I need some more positivity.
                Ralston of Nevada Independent says Democrats will need a strong mail-in ballot showing to make up for the lack of overall vote share currently in Clark County.
                If things go the way they're talking on the telly right now it appears no one really ****ing cared about Roe Vs. Wade at all.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If things go the way they're talking on the telly right now it appears no one really ****ing cared about Roe Vs. Wade at all.
                  Have you loooked at early voting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Have you loooked at early voting?
                    Yes, I have. It's literally giving me hope while every news report I see drags me down.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Here, everybody cheer up.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Interesting. Moore was the only pundit I know of who predicted Dump's victory. Insofar as any Democrat does, he seems to know the pulse of The Great Unwashed, and he believes we will hold on to the Senate.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Yes, I have. It's literally giving me hope while every news report I see drags me down.
                          The media has been quite negative this cycle, it's remarkable.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• My one post in this thread, and I just want to rant a little- I'm not going to come back and read the replies...

We are doomed. Why? Because some long time republicans are incredibly non-self aware of their own party. How is it that conservatives don't know how the previous president held vlad in such high regard so much that he ignored our own intelligence system? None of that was denied by faux news- they basically doubled down on the belief.

Seriously- they are confused that people in their own party are trying to be against the support of Ukraine in the war. They really think it's being contrarian- as if that's a better excuse.

People have no idea what is going on in their own party that is incredibly damaging to this country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The media has been quite negative this cycle, it's remarkable.
                              Doom means clicks means profit$. Simple as that. They're going to goad right up to the line of a civil war for their revenue stream.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• The media is salivating at idea of mtg having a prominent role in house leadership. Seeing her fling poo around daily is the zoo they want

Comment

Working...
                                X