Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a stupefying amount of assumptions in there, and it ignores the fact that there's still a $125k income limit.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      But hey. Why be honest when you can just lie about it and whine about Starbucks employees having their LA degrees paid for?

If only this country would subsidize liberal arts degrees.

I'd much prefer an electorate of free citizens with an education, who can think critically against a background of historical knowledge, than a bunch of drones limited to narrow business and engineering vocational training.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Apparently student loan repayments might be paused again.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Well, I'm not going to go back and find it, but I'm pretty certain Kepler was on one of these threads a couple of weeks ago talking about how much he and/or his wife got refunded or reduced.
          You are mixing up PSLF and Biden's plan. Our loan forgiveness was for my wife's public service, working for the USG for the last 20 years. That plan was passed and expanded under Republican presidents.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You are mixing up PSLF and Biden's plan. Our loan forgiveness was for my wife's public service, working for the USG for the last 20 years. That plan was passed and expanded under Republican presidents.
            Ok, my bad. I was sure that I had read something where you thanked Biden for that.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Derisively dismissing the student loan refunds as some sort of sop to the upper class is just proof that the right absolutely has no idea how to argue the policy. There's an income limit, first of all. Further, the overwhelming majority of recipients are lower or middle class. $10,000 loan forgiveness and/or refund is the difference between making a car payment or not. Or between replacing your washing machine now or waiting a year and having to use a laundromat.

But hey. Why be honest when you can just lie about it and whine about Starbucks employees having their LA degrees paid for?
              Yeah the money should definitely go to the Farmers who can't pay their loans...hell give them twice as much!

God I hate stupid people. (not you the GOP)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Polling shows Peltola increasing her lead, Murkowski-Tshibaka race tightening.

(That’s why Murkowski endorsed Peltola Handy)

Peltola is now polling at 50% versus Palin and Begich. Looks like places are changing the Alaska seat to Likely D.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Someone seems a bit envious of Kepler.

Not a good look. Imagine, being envious of a commie libt@rd.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I mean, yep...

Someone who is currently single and really doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell at owning a home in their lifetime doesn't need the cash they are getting back for their student loans.

I mean the only difference it will make is being able to replace a vehicle with 200k miles on it with one that is brand new while keeping the payment low enough to continue to put cash away into savings. Something that has only been possible for the last 2.5 years of my life...

Totally not something that will benefit the lowly peons like you or I...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Polling shows Peltola increasing her lead, Murkowski-Tshibaka race tightening.

(That’s why Murkowski endorsed Peltola Handy)

Peltola is now polling at 50% versus Palin and Begich. Looks like places are changing the Alaska seat to Likely D.
                      Politics breeds strange bedfellows!

Good on them!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That's a stupefying amount of assumptions in there, and it ignores the fact that there's still a $125k income limit.
                        Thats a lot of money where I live so I understand why folks around here get upset about the payback. Also the economy right now isn't so good if you want to retire and depend on a 401k.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• So you're saying that there are Boomers who are just now finding out that giving up pension guarantees for the false promise of a market-driven 401k making them a petite bourgeoise jetsetter in retirement was a lie the entire time? Cry me a river.

Anyone who is near retirement should have transferred most of their 401k balance into bonds by now. That's something you start doing in your 50s as you plan, gradually reducing your exposure to market whims. If you were planning to retire in the last 5 years and you decided to stay in and essentially play roulette while markets surged to 36,000, and you failed to make appropriate fund transfers before or during the initial dips of this year's corrections, that's a risk you took and that's your business.

I swear to Cthulhu, Boomers truly are the laziest, most spoiled, worst ****ing generation ever. The majority of them have little-to-no financial literacy and spent their prime earning years ****ing around, buying whatever property and toys they wanted, figuring their future was secure in the markets; now they're finding out and blaming it all on their kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            So you're saying that there are Boomers who are just now finding out that giving up pension guarantees for the false promise of a market-driven 401k making them a petite bourgeoise jetsetter in retirement was a lie the entire time? Cry me a river.

Anyone who is near retirement should have transferred most of their 401k balance into bonds by now. That's something you start doing in your 50s as you plan, gradually reducing your exposure to market whims. If you were planning to retire in the last 5 years and you decided to stay in and essentially play roulette while markets surged to 36,000, and you failed to make appropriate fund transfers before or during the initial dips of this year's corrections, that's a risk you took and that's your business.

I swear to Cthulhu, Boomers truly are the laziest, most spoiled, worst ****ing generation ever. The majority of them have little-to-no financial literacy and spent their prime earning years ****ing around, buying whatever property and toys they wanted, figuring their future was secure in the markets; now they're finding out and blaming it all on their kids.
                            Hang this beautiful bastard in the Louvre
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So you're saying that there are Boomers who are just now finding out that giving up pension guarantees for the false promise of a market-driven 401k making them a petite bourgeoise jetsetter in retirement was a lie the entire time? Cry me a river.

Bingo. My Dad had his PhD paid for in full. He chose the school that paid him the most to attend. Boomers had the easiest glide path to success of any generation. You’d have to be as stupid as Donald Trump to lose money from the 1960s until now.

Comment

Not to mention all the taxes they should have paid and didn’t. They’ve completely ****** millennials and their kids.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X