Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    republicans here haven’t won a statewide race since 2014
    And the wind cried Youngkin.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

And the wind cried Youngkin.
      I personally don’t see the D’s losing any statewide races in MN this year, but saying that R’s haven’t won a statewide race since 2014 sounds a little more one sided than it is. Other than Tina Smith winning her race for Senate in ‘20, I believe the only statewide races in MN since 2014 were Klobuchar and the five state offices (governor, sos, ag, auditor at Lt governor) all in 2018, in the middle of Trump’s term.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I said 2014 mostly because I thought it had cruelly been longer than that.

good ole Tpaw

Comment

Tim Ryan dragging Vance around by his hair in this debate. I’m impressed
          From reddit:

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I said 2014 mostly because I thought it had cruelly been longer than that.

good ole Tpaw
            I am confused...TPaw was out in 2011. Dayton won and took office that year. The MNGOP has lost every statewide since 2006 when TPaw won. (Emmer lost for Governor in 2010, Klobuchar has held her spot since 2007 and Franken took office in 2009 followed by Smith of course) Am I misreading what you are saying? (likely...im kinda loopy)

Actually its technically 2008

The DFL has currently won 22 consecutive statewide elections in Minnesota since 2008: six for U.S. Senate, four for president, and three each for governor/lieutenant governor, secretary of state, attorney general, and auditor.

The last Republican to win a statewide race in Minnesota was Governor Tim Pawlenty in 2006 – eking out a one-point win over Attorney General Mike Hatch. [A win projected by Smart Politics even though Pawlenty trailed in every public poll that cycle].

The current run by Minnesota Democrats is by far their longest and largest streak in state history.
            The problem Shultz is going to have is his abortion stance. He can only hide from the issue for so long and his "abortion is not on the ballot" BS won't fly because as AG he has the opportunity to change that. He criticized Ellison over the abortion restriction issue just a couple years ago. That is going to kill him sooner or later as will his lack of any actual courtroom experience. His crappy ad where he says "it is a tough job but I can do it" sounds like the nerdy kid who thinks he can be the star quarterback.

I don't think Crockett has much of a chance. Election denial is not a very popular stance in most of Minnesota.

I think the races will be closer than they have any right to be but I think they hold on. It reminds me of Omar's primary.

Edit: the reason I dont see either winning is I dont see DFL voters splitting their tickets. (Or the MNGOP voters) To think they will win is to think Jensen wins and I just don't buy that. If it happens you might as well begin the countdown to Coup 2024.
            Last edited by Handyman; 10-11-2022, 10:43 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I don’t know why I had 2014 in my head but I’m jet lagged and on cold meds

Comment

I don’t know why I had 2014 in my head but I’m jet lagged and on cold meds
                You are in the Pacific Northwest...it should be because of the weed ;^)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/...08370812043264

BREAKING: FOURTEEN members of Nevada Republican Senate Candidate Adam Laxalt’s family endorse Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto in Nevada Senate race
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/murphymike/statu...16577827676160

Utah UPDATE: Hill Research poll conducted Oct 8-11, 2022. N=500 Evan McMullin leads Mike Lee by 4 points, 46% to 42%. Adding leaners increases McMullin’s advantage to 6 points, just outside the margin of error. Hansen, the Libertarian candidate, garners 4%. More info soon.
                    There have been rumors that Lee was in trouble the last few weeks and apparently he is begging Mittens for help!
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      https://twitter.com/murphymike/statu...16577827676160

There have been rumors that Lee was in trouble the last few weeks and apparently he is begging Mittens for help!
                      Sic semper tyrannis.

If only the electorate would throw out all the rest of these traitors too.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Has McMullen said who he'd caucus with if he wins?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Has McMullen said who he'd caucus with if he wins?
                          He said no one
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

He said no one
                            That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

Comment

• It's interesting, since he can be attacked for not being able to get anything done for his constituents. OTOH a principled Libertarian should promote independence from the parties.

I'd enjoy seeing an L in Congress. They will vote against economic aid to the poor and against regulation of corporations, which is bad, but no worse than an R. They will also vote against the various corporate welfare schemes and wars of both parties and the insane fascism of the Republicans. They also give to lie to the Republican voter excuse that "I'm just a fiscal conservative who wants to see a balanced budget -- I'm against the racism and misogyny of the GOP but I have no choice!" Yeah, well, now you have a choice, so either vote for it or embrace your racism and misogyny because you own it buddy.

An L is a big net gain over an R.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-13-2022, 09:58 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• And Lee is an Insurrectionist so getting him out is key. McMullin may not be a Dem but he is nowhere near a Trumper. He would have voted to convict...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X