Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we supposed to believe those LAARPer's have kids in school?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Are we supposed to believe those LAARPer's have kids in school?
      Ken jeong in Burger King crown would have been a more convincing ad

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is that the quote on the Late Braking F1 podcast? I have never understood that reference.
        It's from his Pitch Meeting series.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

It's from his Pitch Meeting series.
          Pitch Meeting references are tight.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            That is the perfect ad for her, tbh. Small town boomers will love it and unfortunatly that's who votes in all the thousands of small rural townships and cities in Michigan.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

That is the perfect ad for her, tbh. Small town boomers will love it and unfortunatly that's who votes in all the thousands of small rural townships and cities in Michigan.
              Is it generational? My impression from living in rural MD, which is essentially rural MI (or rural anywhere), is those folks' kids are just younger clones of their parents.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Are we supposed to believe those LAARPer's have kids in school?
                Fun fact about rural lifestyles and life choices: those people are in their early 30s.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Pitch Meeting references are tight.
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9K...iYsbUzNOoIRK0g

For those unaware of this brilliance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9K...iYsbUzNOoIRK0g

For those unaware of this brilliance.
                    1. That was great.
                    2. I am so glad I checked out of ST4 halfway through episode 1.
                    3. He's amazing.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 10-03-2022, 12:34 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

1. That was great.
                      2. I am so glad I checked out of ST4 halfway through episode 1.
                      3. He's amazing.
                      :-)

Comment

Is it generational? My impression from living in rural MD, which is essentially rural MI (or rural anywhere), is those folks' kids are just younger clones of their parents.
                        It works because it ties into the small town biker (car) culture, gives representation to 50yo+ white rural Michiganders, speaks directly to what they view as their grievances are to the Whitmer government. And most importantly doesn't mention abortion and Dixon's views. This is what you get when facebook is your main news source because Dish Network is too expensive for you on your fixed income, or you aren't internet savvy enough to look for reputable news sites.

As for generational? Not sure what you mean by that.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I've seen literally no signs for Tudor anywhere in my 'hood, including my MAGA neighbor. She was a Garrett Soldano fan, so she probably thinks the GOP establishment stole the primary from him, LMAO.

Comment

It works because it ties into the small town biker (car) culture, gives representation to 50yo+ white rural Michiganders, speaks directly to what they view as their grievances are to the Whitmer government. And most importantly doesn't mention abortion and Dixon's views. This is what you get when facebook is your main news source because Dish Network is too expensive for you on your fixed income, or you aren't internet savvy enough to look for reputable news sites.

I think he means that kids think like their parents, unlike everywhere else where kids tend to be more rebellious.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He means whether or not they're passing the derp on. These folks are already lost, what about their kids?

The answer - it depends on their kids' education and whether or not they moved away from the area. These are the people you'll bump into outside the local dive bar, smoking Marlboro reds or Pall Malls, and complaining that tourists suck and that unions and environmentalists killed or are killing whatever the local industry was/is (mining, logging, manufacturing, etc.).
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-03-2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

...it has to air outside of a MAGA facebook group to be effective. Like television. I'm in a 70% red county and there are local signs for state rep and Congress, but like 10 small Dixon signs. It's like she's pocketing the DeVos money, which would be delicious if true.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X