Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You can only gerrymander so much and the truth is some issues offset the gerrymander anyways. Abortion appears to be one of those issues because what was once thought to be a hail mary chance to hold both houses come November is now almost even money. (and my prediction for the Senate is now the betting favorite because of the idiots the GOP put up) Women exist even in the most gerrymandered districts which is why the GOP is having issues.

That could all change in a week, but if it holds and Pelosi still rules the House then we might have just saved this country. Think how much fun Biden will have with 2 years of little to no obstruction...
    I still think the built-in GOP advantage in the House is too great to overcome, but I feel moderately better about the Senate. If the GOP had incumbents like Toomey in Pa, or less bat-**** (but no less dangerous in my book) candidates in places like Ga, they would still be my pick to win. That said, Nevada will be close, Arizona will be close.
    If Democrats defy decades of inevitability by holding the House, with Roe v. Wade being the once-in-a-lifetime crazy catalyst, I want Pelosi to retire on top. God knows she wouldn’t. I know some say the same about Biden, but I won’t go there…

Comment

Women exist even in the most gerrymandered districts which is why the GOP is having issues.
      This is a really great point. If only we could convince women to vote in their self interest, there's no way to gerrymander them out of their votes.

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        This is a really great point. If only we could convince women to vote in their self interest, there's no way to gerrymander them out of their votes.
        Well that seems to be happening if Kansas and a few other states are to be believed.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I still think the built-in GOP advantage in the House is too great to overcome, but I feel moderately better about the Senate. If the GOP had incumbents like Toomey in Pa, or less bat-**** (but no less dangerous in my book) candidates in places like Ga, they would still be my pick to win. That said, Nevada will be close, Arizona will be close.
          If Democrats defy decades of inevitability by holding the House, with Roe v. Wade being the once-in-a-lifetime crazy catalyst, I want Pelosi to retire on top. God knows she wouldn’t. I know some say the same about Biden, but I won’t go there…
          Lets make a friendly wager (for charity) on the Senate since you seem to think it will defy the odds. I win you give money to a charity I choose you win and I will do the same. I will take the Senate to stay Blue (will even take it expands if it makes you feel better) and you take that it does not.

In a month or so we can talk about adding The House :^)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The corpses of the guys who built the Republican Derp Machine -- Bill Buckley, Lee Atwater, Irving Kristol, Rich Lowry, Rush Limbaugh, Roger Ailes -- are whirling in their graves. THE WHOLE POINT was to keep the issue as a bloody shirt forever so the derps would keep mashing the feeder bar. The last thing on earth they wanted to do was remove a fundamental right from 51% of the population. Poor Karl Rove, he lived to see it.

Angry Sky Daddy only works for the 25% most mentally deficient humans. The rest actually think straight, and this is lethal to them. The cons don't realize what they have done. They can keep cheating and stealing and lying but the underlying landscape has slipped from 45-55 to 40-60, and that's probably too much to suppress unless you literally end elections.

The gop was supposed to appeal to the idiots not become them. Problem is, you become what you encourage.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Not only that, but cracking and packing is a double edged sword. In landslide years it can really **** you.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well that seems to be happening if Kansas and a few other states are to be believed.
                Easily solved by revoking a certain amendment…

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Easily solved by revoking a certain amendment…
                  They should be birthin’, not votin’!
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The gop was supposed to appeal to the idiots not become them. Problem is, you become what you encourage.
                    Number 4, I know you heard this before
                    Never get high on your own supply
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Lets make a friendly wager (for charity) on the Senate since you seem to think it will defy the odds. I win you give money to a charity I choose you win and I will do the same. I will take the Senate to stay Blue (will even take it expands if it makes you feel better) and you take that it does not.

In a month or so we can talk about adding The House :^)
                      I definitely wasn’t clear with my “moderately better” definition of Democrats’ Senate chances earlier. The little I have read, it’s 60/40 Democrats, trending blue. The GOP having weak candidates has to cost them if you’re a Democratic candidate. Fetterman, Barnes, etc. all seem to be running good campaigns, flush with cash. Making it 52/48 D would be huge. But, the House. I’d take you up on your offer with the House. I think it goes red no matter what. What dx states is true, but it’s not true this election. We keep the House? The chains would be undone. Gotta be seen as close to a mandate from the American people if Dems hold the House and expand their lead in the Senate.

Comment

• Alright bame your number on The House and it's on.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• 538 currently has Senate D 65%, House R 78%.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Good. More.

She then made a request to her nearly 38,000 voters that should make Democratic nominee Shante Munns happy. “I encourage all of my supporters and all of my voters to NOT support Daniel Webster and the establishment RNC and Big Tech voter fraud machine that is propping his feeble body up and depriving my constituents of the representation they deserve and need,” Loomer wrote.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Herschel Walker continues showing the trauma of CTE, asks in a commercial where his opponent's dog is despite Raphael Warnock not owning a dog.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/27/polit...-ad/index.html

Turns out it was just a Warnock supporter's dog used in the 2020 run-off commercials against Loeffler.
                              Last edited by aparch; 08-27-2022, 09:07 AM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Walker is diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder on top of what looks like CTE...he has no idea how badly he is being used. This is like when the traitors were using Kanye when he was obviously having a mental health crisis. Its ****ing sick...

Listen to Walker a decade ago and listen to him now. The deterioration is highly noticeable.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X