Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Drew is just carrying the banner for the Rube. It’s always the dems fault. Always. They lurch 50 feet to the right and a dem sneezes 2 inches to the left and the dem is “divisive”
    Didn't you know? Only Dems can be divisive, or polarizing. Republicans can't be. After all, they're real Americans, full of real American ideals and values. They want only what's good for the country.

And that can't be divisive now, can it? If Donald Trump remaining president instead of Joe Biden is best for the country, then who can argue?
    Last edited by rufus; 08-20-2022, 01:59 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Pretty easy to stay divided when the right's idea of compromise is to chip away at basic human rights instead of ending them outright.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to room with 18-year-old me either. Have you spent any time around undersexed, economically privileged, dorky, libertarian undergrads lately? Ugh.

Comment

• The Right: "me not getting my way all the time is divisive."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Everyone gotta cater to the conservative white men

https://twitter.com/ltgrusselhonore/...BWT1qj-EEqyI7A

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The Right: "me not getting my way all the time is divisive."
            "You not letting me get my way all the time is divisive"

Fixed that for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              This is a really poor reflection on Dems https://www.axios.com/2022/08/19/col...cal-views-poll
              That old adage "**** your feelings" comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

That old adage "**** your feelings" comes to mind.
                I've seen that on t-shirts. The people wearing those shirts, which party do they belong to again?

Such sentiments seem........polarizing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It’s funny Rufus posted a picture of that nutjob when I explicitly stated no reasonable person wants someone like that as a roommate. That isn’t who the poll asked about though.
                  The poll may have well asked if you wanted to room with that guy because the odds are that guy is every ****ing republican that you may have to have as a dormmate. If this was 1970, or 1980, or 1990, or maybe even 1992 I would have been in the camp that said I don't give a frog's fat a ss what party my dormate belonged too. Because back then the average republican was not a fascist, racist, misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ+, uninformed, science-denying, loser PIECE OF ****ING 5H!T. Now the average republican is at least that bad. And anyone who enables them in any way (including by using ill- and uninformed whataboutism like you routinely throw around) is just as dangerous.
                  Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 08-20-2022, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Just run this. You don't even need another ad.

This is why nobody with a conscience wants to be anywhere near any Republican.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Just run this. You don't even need another ad.

This is why nobody with a conscience wants to be anywhere near any Republican.
                      They already are. It’s her getting asked the question about exceptions and saying “no, no exceptions.” It’s literally the only ad I’ve seen and it’s getting plenty of air time.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

They already are. It’s her getting asked the question about exceptions and saying “no, no exceptions.” It’s literally the only ad I’ve seen and it’s getting plenty of air time.
                        I have seen this ad over a thousand times. The only other ones are Slotkin vs Barret in a house race, with Slotkin talking up her bipartisanship, and Barret has kids and is a former helicopter pilot.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• I'm already sick of that ad. They've wised up this cycle and are airing it on the ad tiers of streaming services. Tudor, of course, is claiming it takes her responses out of context. No actual denial though, because those are her positions.

Comment

• In Michigan, women are definitely registering to vote and are outpacing Rs.

https://insights.targetsmart.com/not...s-at-risk.html
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              In Michigan, women are definitely registering to vote and are outpacing Rs.

https://insights.targetsmart.com/not...s-at-risk.html
                              If I was a Wisconsin Republican (good God thank you for never making that a possibility!) I would find these stats very troubling:

• According to TargetSmart data, among new registrants since June 24, women have out-registered men by 15.6%.
                              • Democrats make up 52.36% of all of those newly registered voters, compared with 16.59% of new voters registering as Republicans.
                              • Wisconsin is a perennial battleground. In 2020, President Biden carried the state by a margin of just 30,000 votes, receiving 49.5% of the vote to Trump’s 48.8%. In 2018, Governor Tony Evers (D) won the election by a similar margin of 30,000 votes, winning with 49.6% of the vote to his opponent Scott Walker’s 48.5%. In 2016, Donald Trump carried the state by a razor tight margin, 47.2% to Hillary Clinton’s 46.5%.
                              When 83% of new registrants are either Dem or Independent and women are outpacing men by over 15% that is not a good sign. Obviously it is still early though.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Dave Wasserman

@Redistrict
                                In May,
                                @CookPolitical's House outlook was a GOP gain of 20-35 seats. Based on recent developments, we've revised our outlook to a 10-20 seat GOP gain, w/ Dems maintaining control not out of the question.
                                If this keeps up, I might send Alito a thank you card(covered in turds).
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X