Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Yep... Tons of mass shootings committed with hunting rifles.

So let's end a pastime of millions of Americans because some stupid/dumb stuff happened. Again, you lump everything as the same...

Capacity limits that I mentioned would get you the goals that you want while leaving hunter's alone. What's wrong with that?
    They banned lawn darts. How many people did those kill?

They changed completely the way over the counter medications were packaged. Because how many were killed, exactly?

So, tell me more about guns and how safe they are, and how responsible their owners are.

I never injured anyone with a lawn dart. Why can't I have them?
    Last edited by rufus; 08-12-2022, 05:35 AM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yep... Tons of mass shootings committed with hunting rifles.

So let's end a pastime of millions of Americans because some stupid/dumb stuff happened. Again, you lump everything as the same...

Capacity limits that I mentioned would get you the goals that you want while leaving hunter's alone. What's wrong with that?
      I mean, we do things all the time because a handful of people die. We recall peanut butter nationwide because of a possibility of contamination. Guns shouldn't be treated less stringently than ****ing peanut butter.

Comment

• As a reasonable step, this country should re-institute the 1994 assault weapons ban that expired in 2004. Then, it should beef up the ATF to enforce said weapons ban. It's not gonna happen though.

Comment

• As long as none of THEIR kids get shot up at school.

lol, only some people died so why change anything? Pathetic

Comment

• 1. Magazine capacity limits
            2. Muzzle energy limits
            3. Number of weapons owned limits

None of these limits interfere with hunting.

Pass them now.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              1. Magazine capacity limits
              2. Muzzle energy limits

Pass them now.
              The facts are that responsible gun owners will not do what is necessary to pass laws like that, and we already know that irresponsible gun owners will not do it either. So, we're right back to putting Democrats in charge of everything while the country itself is a sea of Red that buys into everything the orange ****wop says.

Ban them all. That's where anyone with a brain starts the negotiation at. When ban them all actually has some power than maybe, just maybe what you stated above is the compromise position.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

2. Muzzle energy limits

Pass them now.
                Exactly.

I would 100% support this.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Not from the sampling on this board. DGF, MichVandal, and others have basically said "No Exceptions, PERIOD!". A gun is a gun. Ban them all. Too bad, so sad on your "traditions". Use a bow.

I've been attacked on this multiple times. I also see this reaction outside the board as well.
                  First of all: it took quite a few mass shootings to get to that point for them. (I have known DGF for 20 years so I know she wasn't always this militant about it)

Second: you understand that 5 posters on a random message board doesn't prove your point at all and actually proves mine right?

Third: Minnesota is a rock solid Blue State, one of the most reliable Dem states that exists that hasn't had a Red candidate win a statewide election since The Dubya administration. Hunting is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal here. Deer Opener is like a friggin holiday. (not as big as fishing opener but still) The amount of Democratic hunters in this state (not to mention the surrounding states) disproves your entire premise.

Now, do we think that regulations on the type of weapon available need to be upped hardcore...sure we do. If you need an assault weapon to kill a deer then you aren't hunting you are just sad.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• As a responsible gun owner who has never and will never use my firearm (I own one and have never owned more than 2) in an illegal manner and am as safe and responsible as is possible, I'm still with Scooby on this one. And it goes to the lawn darts thing that Rufus posted too. We are not a responsible enough society to allow or tolerate private ownership of firearms. Period.

Of course I know that we will never ban firearms and/or confiscate anything deemed illegal. I also admit I am somewhat hypocritical about this because I have no intention of giving up my legal firearm as long as it is legal for me to possess it.

I frankly also don't think the most extreme views on gun bans that Scooby and others have actually matter in this debate. We don't fail to enact and enforce reasonable gun laws because a tiny handful of people would glady ban all firearms. We fail to enact reasonable gun laws because we are an irresponsible society of people who often vote like morons in a lot of places. If more people in Texas or Idaho or other states that prevent what the vast majority of people see as reasonable legislation on firearms voted intelligently, maybe we could do something about all the firearm violence and even fewer people would think an outright ban is warranted.

Comment

29% of gun owners own 5 or more firearms. So that 30% dictates everything?
                      Is it your argument that almost a third of all gun owners is not a statistically significant factor? Lest we forget Trump almost won an election and his polling support wasn't all that much higher than that.

Let me ask you this...lets say 29% of people thought it was ok to just randomly kill people would you say that it wasn't something to worry about since they are a minority of the population?

To piggyback on unos point, when Tylenol had someone putting poison in their products they recalled all of the bottles and instituted higher safety standards on their own. Gun companies have done nothing of the kind...in fact they openly talk against it. (like Big Tobacco) We regulate the hell out of all sorts of things that can put people in danger but God forbid we even look sideways at regulating guns because...reasons? The only reason the "ban them all" crowd exists is because according to the NRA no regulation is allowed period. Well if the choice is between the Wild West and no guns at all I know where I would stand. I think we would all rather have a negotiated middle ground with sensible rules but that is only possible if both parties negotiate in good faith and you can pretend all you want but the people who argue on behalf of the gun owners have no interest in that.

A good friend of mine is a full on gun lover...has had them for years and would never give them up. He chooses to never join the NRA because they do more damage to gun ownership than whatever good they might do. The don't encourage good gun ownership, they dont preach responsibility, hell they dont even listen to their membership who want pretty much what most Dems want. As long as they are the voice of the pro-gun crowd there is no negotiable resolution to this.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

The facts are that responsible gun owners will not do what is necessary to pass laws like that, and we already know that irresponsible gun owners will not do it either.
                        This is where I beg to differ with you Scoob. I am said responsible gun owner and my politicians and the politicians of the states I have lived in who i do not claim as my own (like Ron Johnons or Rob Portman or a host of state representatives) all know where I stand on this issue. When I do political work for my employer we are often supporting politicians who advocate restricting firearms related things a whole lot more than they are now. The friends I have who also own firearms are equally as responsible as I am and also share many of my views on firearms, firearm safety and reasonable changes in the laws. We ALL advocate for safe, reasonable and responsible firearm ownership.

The problem here is not responsible gun owners, the problem is the ****wits who are not. And as I have said a number of times, because the sum total of us cannot behave responsbibly if they banned them all tomorrow I would understand and agree. Don't lump people like me into some bucket where even it we don't do anything stupid with our guns we aren't trying to do things to make sure no one else does stupid things either.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

This is where I beg to differ with you Scoob. I am said responsible gun owner and my politicians and the politicians of the states I have lived in who i do not claim as my own (like Ron Johnons or Rob Portman or a host of state representatives) all know where I stand on this issue. When I do political work for my employer we are often supporting politicians who advocate restricting firearms related things a whole lot more than they are now. The friends I have who also own firearms are equally as responsible as I am and also share many of my views on firearms, firearm safety and reasonable changes in the laws. We ALL advocate for safe, reasonable and responsible firearm ownership.

The problem here is not responsible gun owners, the problem is the ****wits who are not. And as I have said a number of times, because the sum total of us cannot behave responsbibly if they banned them all tomorrow I would understand and agree. Don't lump people like me into some bucket where even it we don't do anything stupid with our guns we aren't trying to do things to make sure no one else does stupid things either.
                          Most of the responsible gun owners I know vote straight R ticket knowing that responsible gun laws will never be passed. And they laugh about it.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Most of the responsible gun owners I know vote straight R ticket knowing that responsible gun laws will never be passed. And they laugh about it.
                            Quit calling those people responsible gun owners because they are not by definition responsible anythings since they vote straight R.

Comment

2. Muzzle energy limits

Pass them now.
                              What's funny is our trap range already does this. And more. We also control what ammunition we can use.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I find irony in that reasonable people (so not republicans) are willing to compromise on gun laws but when it comes to abortion laws, conservatives are all or nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X