Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Uh, most people on The Left have zero issue with people having guns for hunting. The issue is the type of gun. The VAST majority of Democrats want nothing to do with banning guns it is a very very very very small and loud minority.
    Not from the sampling on this board. DGF, MichVandal, and others have basically said "No Exceptions, PERIOD!". A gun is a gun. Ban them all. Too bad, so sad on your "traditions". Use a bow.

I've been attacked on this multiple times. I also see this reaction outside the board as well.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Not from the sampling on this board. DGF, MichVandal, and others have basically said "No Exceptions, PERIOD!". A gun is a gun. Ban them all. Too bad, so sad on your "traditions". Use a bow.

I've been attacked on this multiple times. I also see this reaction outside the board as well.
      I'm one of the "ban guns" people. In my ideal world, we'd ban 95% of the guns in this country tomorrow, or make ammunition so expensive that Chris Rock's bit comes into play. That doesn't mean you, I'm assuming a responsible enough gun owner, are banned from owning one for your hunting needs. Nowhere, not even Japan, is devoid of guns. It's possible to acknowledge that the only way to really make a huge dent in gun violence in this country would be utilizing one or both of the aforementioned solutions, while accepting that this will not currently happen in the United States' political environment, so you take what you can get. Any reduction in gun violence, while potentially not statistically significant, is better than the insanely high rates we currently possess compared to other developed countries.

Comment

• I was all for hunters and their guns. But, given their complete dereliction of duty and continued support of a criminal organization that poses as a political party and a criminal organization that poses as a gun safety organization I have changed my mind.

You don't deserve your guns. None of you do.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I'm one of the "ban guns" people. In my ideal world, we'd ban 95% of the guns in this country tomorrow, or make ammunition so expensive that Chris Rock's bit comes into play. That doesn't mean you, I'm assuming a responsible enough gun owner, are banned from owning one for your hunting needs. Nowhere, not even Japan, is devoid of guns. It's possible to acknowledge that the only way to really make a huge dent in gun violence in this country would be utilizing one or both of the aforementioned solutions, while accepting that this will not currently happen in the United States' political environment, so you take what you can get. Any reduction in gun violence, while potentially not statistically significant, is better than the insanely high rates we currently possess compared to other developed countries.
          See, this POV seems like you are open to (reasonable) negotiation. For example, I am more than willing to concede a hard capacity limit of 5+1 for long guns and 9+1 on handguns.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I was all for hunters and their guns. But, given their complete dereliction of duty and continued support of a criminal organization that poses as a political party and a criminal organization that poses as a gun safety organization I have changed my mind.

You don't deserve your guns. None of you do.
          But then you have this. This is what I'm talking about. Scooby wants to burn everything down just to get his way. There are Millions of responsible gun owners in this country. But you let a few Ammosexuals dictate stuff for everyone.

This is where conservatism (as a concept) has it's place.

Comment

• "A few ammosexuals"?

You can try and downplay the issue if you want but all the evidence is on my side, not yours.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              "A few ammosexuals"?

You can try and downplay the issue if you want but all the evidence is on my side, not yours.
              29% of gun owners own 5 or more firearms. So that 30% dictates everything?

Comment

"A few ammosexuals"?

What evidence do you have that I have broken any laws when it comes to guns?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• And that is irrelevant. I've got shoot ups all over the United States using military style weapons that were banned until gun owners decided they needed them.

Ban them all.

Comment

And that is irrelevant. I've got shoot ups all over the United States using military style weapons that were banned until gun owners decided they needed them.

Ban them all.
                    Ban all of what. all guns? or just your "military style " weapons?

Comment

• Drew thinks we should ban them all.

Just so no family has to go through the tragedy of losing a loved one to gun violence. Not a single one.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Ban all of what. all guns? or just your "military style " weapons?
                        All of them. Until and If the gun community can prove it deserves them again. Which is not likely to happen. The gun owners I know are not responsible or worthy of the power they've been given.

Comment

And that is irrelevant. I've got shoot ups all over the United States using military style weapons that were banned until gun owners decided they needed them.

Ban them all.
                          So ban military style weapons. Those are quite a bit different than a Semi-Auto Waterfowl gun... But the waterfowl gun is a "semi-auto" so it must be bad.

Or do you not know/understand the nuance of different hunting firearms when compared to military guns?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

So ban military style weapons. Those are quite a bit different than a Semi-Auto Waterfowl gun... But the waterfowl gun is a "semi-auto" so it must be bad.

Or do you not know/understand the nuance of different hunting firearms when compared to military guns?
                            You just don't get it do you.

Comment

You just don't get it do you.
                              Yep... Tons of mass shootings committed with hunting rifles.

So let's end a pastime of millions of Americans because some stupid/dumb stuff happened. Again, you lump everything as the same...

Capacity limits that I mentioned would get you the goals that you want while leaving hunter's alone. What's wrong with that?

Comment

All of them. Until and If the gun community can prove it deserves them again. Which is not likely to happen. The gun owners I know are not responsible or worthy of the power they've been given.
                                Good luck with a complete ban, the gun owners I know and plenty of them have your favorite "military style" weapons are completely responsible and have caused no issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X