Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kep, the Ds have shifted Left, and you tend left of that. That's why this place looks "center" to you. It looks as joecct describes to me.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...last-30-years/

There's not a place for former Sen Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) any longer.
    MN blue dog former Rep Collin Peterson wouldn't have a home in today's Ds.
    Both are too "Second Amendment".
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-25-2022, 12:07 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• And yes, here we are again. The Conservative "I am the victim" playcard all laid out for the world to see.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Yeah, being a lefty myself I can guaran****ingtee that Democrats are not left. Not even close. Democrats are as far left today as Nixon was in 1972.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Most of the people on this forum are at odds with each other. We only agree that killing Nazis is good. For people who don't think that then, well, I can see the confusion.
          The ONLY phrase posted more frequently than, “Same Team! Let’s kill Nazis,” is “Sikatoka is a dumb****.”

Some echo chamber.

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

The rest of the enemies of the Right are lily-livered Liberals hedging their bets and NIMBYING their fiscal policy.
            Hey I have a name god dammit.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I'm one of those centrists that suddenly finds myself way to the left of most people I used to generally/vaguely agree with, and my opinions haven't significantly changed. I am just one anecdote, but how people can look at the country and see the rise of Trump and Trumpism and the religious insanity and still declare that the country has swung to the left is bizarre to me.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Yeah, being a lefty myself I can guaran****ingtee that Democrats are not left. Not even close. Democrats are as far left today as Nixon was in 1972.
                Not even that far. Nixon was for sweeping environmental protections and UBI.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  I'm one of those centrists that suddenly finds myself way to the left of most people I used to generally/vaguely agree with, and my opinions haven't significantly changed. I am just one anecdote, but how people can look at the country and see the rise of Trump and Trumpism and the religious insanity and still declare that the country has swung to the left is bizarre to me.
                  The explanations are (1) they know better and they're lying, or (2) they're just plain ignint.

I suspect the Right leadership is 75% (1) and the Right volk are 75% (2).
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Hey I have a name god dammit.
                    I'll let you and dx watch my guillotinings if you guys let me join your blue ribbon committees.

Together we'll be the change we want to see in the world.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Kep, the Ds have shifted Left, and you tend left of that. That's why this place looks "center" to you. It looks as joecct describes to me.
                      https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...last-30-years/

There's not a place for former Sen Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) any longer.
                      MN blue dog former Rep Collin Peterson wouldn't have a home in today's Ds.
                      Both are too "Second Amendment".
                      Oh look, I can find the same article about the GOP moving right.

The Republican Party Has Changed Dramatically Since George H.W. Bush Ran It | FiveThirtyEight

While both parties have self-sorted into ideologically liberal and conservative parties in a process that began with the GOP's Southern Strategy to peel off the Dixiecrats, the fact remains the average Republican is more conservative than the average Democrat is liberal.

Comment

The Cafe is Center, even Center-Right, by normal standards of American politics. The vocal Right has just disappeared into the anus of fascism and whoa to us for not following. There are 3, at most, Leftists on the forum. The rest of the enemies of the Right are lily-livered Liberals hedging their bets and NIMBYING their fiscal policy.

Most of the people on this forum are at odds with each other. We only agree that killing Nazis is good. For people who don't think that then, well, I can see the confusion.
                        The Cafe is center-right by world political standards. By US standards, it's assuredly center left. Although it's male dominated, we're a group of mostly college graduates, with an above average representation of the Ivy League and little to no representation of the South.

Remember, Trump still got what, 47 percent of the vote? I doubt 47% of posters on the Cafe voted for him or other Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Oh look, I can find the same article about the GOP moving right.

The Republican Party Has Changed Dramatically Since George H.W. Bush Ran It | FiveThirtyEight

While both parties have self-sorted into ideologically liberal and conservative parties in a process that began with the GOP's Southern Strategy to peel off the Dixiecrats, the fact remains the average Republican is more conservative than the average Democrat is liberal.
                          There’s a graph somewhere that shows the Republican Party is one of, if not the furthest, right ideologically in the entire developed world. Democrats are center at best on said graph.

Comment

• Sure the D's have moved left - in comparison to the the ever more vocal Qtard/GQP wing of the Republican party. For every 1 AOC there's 5 MTG's.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The Cafe is center-right by world political standards. By US standards, it's assuredly center left. Although it's male dominated, we're a group of mostly college graduates, with an above average representation of the Ivy League and little to no representation of the South.

Remember, Trump still got what, 47 percent of the vote? I doubt 47% of posters on the Cafe voted for him or other Republicans.
                              I did a Cafe poll for IIRC the 2016 election and it was about 70% Dem, 20% R, and 10% that libertarian dude.

I wonder if the political gender gap diminishes as you go up through education. Not a lot of R PhDs out there, regardless of their plumbing. I can see some more male R MAs in the less demanding fields, and of course the gender gap will be enormous in law, business, and medicine (that's not education, it's vocational training). Then with BAs are probably about the national average. High School and below men will likely be heavily R -- it's probably exactly mapping to the racial split, while the women, even non-whites, will be self-hating R because of the OG God Delusion.

My completely pulled from ahem intuition guesses:

% liberal/Dem of total them plus conservative/GOP, by Gender, by level of Educational Attainment:

Code:
                               F   M  Gap  Level
                              95  90   5   PhD
                              85  75  10   MA
                              80  65  15   JD, MBA, MD
                              75  55  20   BA
                              40  15  25   Less
                              Last edited by Kepler; 07-25-2022, 02:07 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                For every 1 AOC there's 5 MTG's.
                                Are you sure it's not more 5:2 the other way.

(Ignore the hanger-on on the right in the first pic.)
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X