Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Gas won't be over 5 bucks unless the war spreads. Abortion hits home, going to be the first question I ask when state reps come to talk.
    And actually, gas, in today's dollars, is lower than it was in W's term, before the economy collapsed and gas prices with it.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      We are certainly going to learn something about American women. A woman who votes R now is simply insane. So, what percentage of those are there? We will find out in November.

Up until now women voting R could be stupid and/or delusional and tell themselves the Rs would never actually do it. But now they have. This is the difference between sheltering your roommate who has murder fantasies and sheltering him when he has actually murdered.

My guess is nothing will change. But plenty of women are telling me, no, this is going to hit the Rs hard enough that it will show up at the polls, perhaps decisively. So we'll see whether my abiding disrespect for the average voter is justified, or whether there actually is a depth she won't sink to.
      You commit the sin of assume all women are pro choice. Like when people assume all young people vote Dem.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You commit the sin of assume all women are pro choice. Like when people assume all young people vote Dem.
        Not at all. I am well aware of the numbers. The question is, will non-lunatic women finally step up? The loony toons evangelical population is at most 25%. Assuming they are evenly divided between men and women, and assuming the brainrot of evangelical Christianity is so overdetermining that there is no difference in pro choice attitudes between evangelical men and women, that means 75% of women should be voting Democratic, only to preserve their lives as adult human beings.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not at all. I am well aware of the numbers. The question is, will non-lunatic women finally step up? The loony toons evangelical population is at most 25%. Assuming they are evenly divided between men and women, and assuming the brainrot of evangelical Christianity is so overdetermining that there is no difference in pro choice attitudes between evangelical men and women, that means 75% of women should be voting Democratic, only to preserve their lives as adult human beings.
          Need to figure out how to dent the suburban white mom who gets sucked in by false issues like "Defund the Police" and "Critical Race Theory" and doesn't get compelled by real issues like Abortion and Gun Control.

Once you figure that out you'll get your 75%.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Need to figure out how to dent the suburban white mom who gets sucked in by false issues like "Defund the Police" and "Critical Race Theory" and doesn't get compelled by real issues like Abortion and Gun Control.

Once you figure that out you'll get your 75%.
            They need to hit them with facts like- eclampsia
            ectopic
            miscarriages needing to be removed
            ruptured placentas
            Birth defects that mean baby can’t live
            and maybe some vivid descriptions of 12 year old rape victims giving birth

the things that women don’t cause that require medical intervention that now may not happen until a doctor calls 28 lawyers and she may die in the meantime
            Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 06-28-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

ectopic
              ruptured placentas

the things that women don’t cause that require medical intervention that now may not happen until a doctor calls 28 lawyers and she may die in the meantime
              Bingo!
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Thompson wrap up was pretty bleak. "If you have discovered some courage you hitherto has hidden away." Yikes.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Here in MI-3, I've got Peter Meijer vs. Hillary Scholten. No doubt I'm voting for Scholten in November, but I'm wondering if Meijer will be primaried out for not being up Trump's *** far enough.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Here in MI-3, I've got Peter Meijer vs. Hillary Scholten. No doubt I'm voting for Scholten in November, but I'm wondering if Meijer will be primaried out for not being up Trump's *** far enough.
                    If the new MI-3 was any Trumpier I would say Meijer is already toast, but last I checked I believe it's only R+2. That's a tough balancing act for Republicans trying to win back the House, especially now with Roe tossed out. A fascist firebrand replacing Meijer could excite the base, or it could drive women of suburban Grand Rapids who might have voted for Meijer to Scholten. Sticking with Meijer is probably the safer bet. If he wins he'll still vote with leadership 90% of the time, and if they take the House back they can punish him by backbenching him.

Comment

• Nebraska 1st is having a special election to replace a R who resigned. It's early but

Nebraska First Congressional District Special Election Results 2022 - The New York Times (nytimes.com) the Dem leads 55-45
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

ectopic
                        ruptured placentas

Typical republican thinks: who cares; who cares; who cares; who cares; who cares; and finally
                        "Hey check out the 12 year old girl I just nailed."

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Here in MI-3, I've got Peter Meijer vs. Hillary Scholten. No doubt I'm voting for Scholten in November, but I'm wondering if Meijer will be primaried out for not being up Trump's *** far enough.
                          Meijer is in a perfect position to thread the needle and get reelected. The GOP would be dumb to primary him - so they will.
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Nebraska 1st is having a special election to replace a R who resigned. It's early but

Nebraska First Congressional District Special Election Results 2022 - The New York Times (nytimes.com) the Dem leads 55-45
                            This is absolutely insane
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This is absolutely insane
                              The GOPer won 52-48.
                              Cornell University

Comment

The GOPer won 52-48.
                                Now it's at 53-47. That's an R+17 district IIRC
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X