Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tudor Dixon is now running ads for governor.

All I seem to know about her is she's Trump and DeVos endorsed.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Tudor Dixon is now running ads for governor.

All I seem to know about her is she's Trump and DeVos endorsed.
      What else do you need to know?

I mean if the Trump/DeVos blessing isn't enough, the commercial I saw said she was against "indoctrination in our schools" and is a "business woman" with no Gov't experience.

[SARCASM] How could anyone not want to vote for her? [/SARCASM]
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

• "Indoctrination in our schools", like learning all about fetuses in the womb?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Ten point swing

https://***********/billscher/status...uKy6JmAozs8zBw

(with several obvious and not obvious caveats in the comments)
          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-27-2022, 07:57 AM.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Ten point swing

https://***********/billscher/status...uKy6JmAozs8zBw

(with several obvious and not obvious caveats in the comments)
            If this holds comes September/October, we have a shot.

Comment

• Poor form quoting yourself from another thread, so apologies up front, but it plays here:

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              What's your state rep's* and state senator's view? Suddenly those really matter.

*Apologies to those in Nebraska who have a unicameral legislature; they only have state senators.
              State Legislatures are going to be doing some hard work very soon. Know your reps.

For me it's Weber, Pyle, and Howe. One of them shops at the same grocery store so I see her once in a while. I go to church in a different town/parish to see another, average coffee and donuts. That's how representative democracy should work. (Too bad it's two NDSU and a UMn-Carlson grad ... I might have to run. )
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Independents approve of womens choice by over 60% too

Comment

We need more than that. We need about 55-45 before we overcome the systemic GOP cheating.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

We need more than that. We need about 55-45 before we overcome the systemic GOP cheating.
                    These generic polls mean nothing. Everyone loves their congress critter, and so many districts are so gerrymandered as to render even state or regional polls useless.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

These generic polls mean nothing. Everyone loves their congress critter, and so many districts are so gerrymandered as to render even state or regional polls useless.
                      OK, so this is one poll for one race several months out but.........https://***********/ashley_ehasz/sta...96529260511234

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

OK, so this is one poll for one race several months out but.........https://***********/ashley_ehasz/sta...96529260511234
                        I sincerely hope this stays, but the rat****ery by the GQP (Garland's SCOTUS nom, ACB's...) means we're going to be dealing with this bull**** for years.

Comment

It might. It ain't gonna get better with today's rulings and a few others. I have to hope...
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I don't think this is true. It shows a general tendency of where things are going. It can be used as a qualitative tool, but I would agree with you it's definitely not quantitative. You can't use it to predict an exact number of seats or which seats are going where, but you can probably use it to tell who is going to take the House or whether it's going to be close. You can also normalize it against the vote needed in places like Wisky (which are so ****ed by gerrymandering) to get an idea of where Wisky is likely to fall (+8 generic = +1 R, etc.)
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I don't think this is true. It shows a general tendency of where things are going. It can be used as a qualitative tool, but I would agree with you it's definitely not quantitative. You can't use it to predict an exact number of seats or which seats are going where, but you can probably use it to tell who is going to take the House or whether it's going to be close. You can also normalize it against the vote needed in places like Wisky (which are so ****ed by gerrymandering) to get an idea of where Wisky is likely to fall (+8 generic = +1 R, etc.)
                              Maybe you're right. I'm just being extra cynical.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Poor form quoting yourself from another thread, so apologies up front, but it plays here:

For me it's Weber, Pyle, and Howe. One of them shops at the same grocery store so I see her once in a while. I go to church in a different town/parish to see another, average coffee and donuts. That's how representative democracy should work.
                                So that means you would support a repeal or rewrite of the Reapportionment Act that fixed our federal House of Representatives at 435 members? Because it is hard to get coffee and donuts with your representative when 750,000 other people want to do the same thing. And what about an abolishment or constitutional re-working of the U.S. Senate, the most UN-democratic "democratic" body around? Please, explain to me now how you would envision the several states can get together and create a more responsive system of representation.

Comment

Working...
                                X