Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems spent no money there as the district is changing and of course there’s another election in November.

Comment

• If anyone is hoping this whole mess will help the Dems in November I’ve got bad news for you…

The knives are already out among plenty of groups on the left. A lot of blame (rightfully in some respects) being pointed towards the establishment Dems. I don’t think the “we must band together against the fascists” message is going to work.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        If anyone is hoping this whole mess will help the Dems in November I’ve got bad news for you…

The knives are already out among plenty of groups on the left. A lot of blame (rightfully in some respects) being pointed towards the establishment Dems. I don’t think the “we must band together against the fascists” message is going to work.
        Your concern is noted and has the same power to convince as usual.

I don't think you know a thing. It's not you personally I am flaming, it is the rote repetition of these tropes and narratives. It's lazy journalism which becomes CW through sheer ubiquity. It's "truthiness."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Your concern is noted and has the same power to convince as usual.

I don't think you know a thing. It's not you personally I am flaming, it is the rote repetition of these tropes and narratives. It's lazy journalism which becomes CW through sheer ubiquity. It's "truthiness."
          “Person infamous for denial continues denial”.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

“Person infamous for denial continues denial”.
            I deny that.

What would a centrist know about the real Left? What's your source? I actually read far Left publications, and I don't feel in any way qualified to summarize the Left's opinion because it is infamously fractured.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• People myself included are raw today, so I’m sure the twitter world is pointing fingers.

sitting out in November or voting for independents will make the situation demonstrably worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                People myself included are raw today, so I’m sure the twitter world is pointing fingers.

sitting out in November or voting for independents will make the situation demonstrably worse.
                At this point these is only one choice for anybody with a mind or a soul, and that's the Dem nominee. So fight like a mutha****a for your candidates, then swallow and vote straight ticket Dem. Rinse and repeat, every election at every level.

In the meantime I would love to see the real Left infiltrate and take over the Dem party apparatus, and bring it back to its roots. Neoliberalism is not just policy failure, it is electoral poison. Nobody on this planet wants Clintonism, so opposing it to Nazism, which actually has its advocates, means the Right will win on enthusiasm.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I deny that.

What would a centrist know about the real Left? What's your source? I actually read far Left publications, and I don't feel in any way qualified to summarize the Left's opinion because it is infamously fractured.
                  a) I’m not a centrist.

b) I can fully understand the position of people frustrated and unwilling to vote for the establishment Dems. How exactly is “vote for me because if you don’t things will get worse” going to work if people have been voting for them and things have already gotten worse?
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I think a pretty good example is Hilary Clinton has already been out talking about there’s too much emphasis on “losing issues” like Trans rights and things like that in the party.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      so I'm sure the twitter world is pointing fingers.
                      Bernie is trending, but I'm seeing the finger-pointing going lots of ways. The hammer & sickle trolls/bots are stirring the pot about Obama being a centrist who pushed Romney's healthcare plan as a national solution and bailed out Wall Street, instead of codifying Roe when he had the chance. The Bernouts are furiously clutching their pearls about Grandma Pelosi already auto-sending a scripted fundraising email to her distro lists based on today's ruling and being all, "Don't talk to me ever again about Vote Blue No Matter Who". The Third Ways are dredging up the same, tired "Thanks to the Bernouts who stayed home or voted for Stein in 2016!" tripe that is totally constructive and I'm sure will help a bunch. /sarc

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Bernie is trending, but I'm seeing the finger-pointing going lots of ways. The hammer & sickle trolls/bots are stirring the pot about Obama being a centrist who pushed Romney's healthcare plan as a national solution and bailed out Wall Street, instead of codifying Roe when he had the chance. The Bernouts are furiously clutching their pearls about Grandma Pelosi already auto-sending a scripted fundraising email to her distro lists based on today's ruling and being all, "Don't talk to me ever again about Vote Blue No Matter Who". The Third Ways are dredging up the same, tired "Thanks to the Bernouts who stayed home or voted for Stein in 2016!" tripe that is totally constructive and I'm sure will help a bunch. /sarc
                        Or basically, no real unification in the face of adversity and no sign they're going to pull things together by November...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Or basically, no real unification in the face of adversity and no sign they're going to pull things together by November...
                          Well just because they are arguing now doesn't mean they wont vote smart come November. The Briana Love Joys and Nina Turners can ***** and moan until the cows come home but there is a reason they lose no one cares about the diarrhea they spew.

That of course doesn't mean Kepler is right (he isnt he is just blind to what is happening as are many) but it also doesn't mean all is lost. It does mean the Dems need to switch messaging though.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The time for "messaging" is rapidly ending. At this rate, the bullets are gonna be flying within a couple of years. It's just a matter of time before enough lefties get fed up, buy guns, and start going postal like their far-right counterparts and that is when the real chaos begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The time for "messaging" is rapidly ending. At this rate, the bullets are gonna be flying within a couple of years. It's just a matter of time before enough lefties get fed up, buy guns, and start going postal like their far-right counterparts and that is when the real chaos begins.
                              First of all, what makes you think they dont already have guns. Second, we can't just accept the loss and go to war. If we aren't willing to try and fight in the political arena we certainly wont fight on the battlefield.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Again, no one can know this.

People judge because of social media and media narratives but neither of those things is real. Voting is, ultimately, real human beings, not some lazy, easy story for a talking hairdo with a tight deadline.

None of us know what's going to happen. All the CW is is the same tedious, artificial storyline, reflected from a million mirrors, until it appears to have substance. But it has none. It's vapor.

I know you don't know because I know better than you and I don't know.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X