Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

You literally have no idea what his hauling or towing needs are other than the extremely limited information that I have passed on in this thread. It may surprise you, high up on your forklift seat, that there are actually legitimate and efficient uses of pickup trucks and trailers in the contractor world, that your mother's panel van and a Peterbuilt aren't the only choices.
    The fact that you think the only types of commercial vehicles are “panel van, pickup, or Peterbuilt” shows a level of ignorance that only matches the poor insult.

Only in North America are pickups considered the most efficient vehicles for contractor use.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Only in North America are pickups considered the most efficient vehicles for contractor use.
      Really? What do you use in say France or Britain if you are a landscaper? What is the advantage?

I fully agree that guys who drive enormous pickups to their desk jobs are morons with tiny wangs, but I thought that as a work vehicle in Desolate Windswept Jesus****istan they made good sense.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Really? What do you use in say France or Britain if you are a landscaper? What is the advantage?

I fully agree that guys who drive enormous pickups to their desk jobs are morons with tiny wangs, but I thought that as a work vehicle in Desolate Windswept Jesus****istan they made good sense.
        I've seen ****ing dodge caravans out in areas they had no business being. The kinds of roads you normally take a jeep on.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Most used ones are cargo vans like the Ford Transit or Mercedes Sprinter, even now companies in North America are switching to Transits or Sprinters because they’re way more efficient. If they need something larger in places they’ll use a box truck or a flat bed. They’re smaller, more fuel efficient, and cheaper yet can fill most needs such as cargo capacity.

Low fuel prices, low taxes, and stupid tradition have kept the pickup as the go to in people’s minds in North America.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I've seen ****ing dodge caravans out in areas they had no business being. The kinds of roads you normally take a jeep on.
            An AWD Caravan is actually really good in conditions like that. I’ve seen Caravans just go on snowy or dirt roads like it was nothing.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Most used ones are cargo vans like the Ford Transit or Mercedes Sprinter, even now companies in North America are switching to Transits or Sprinters because they’re way more efficient. If they need something larger in places they’ll use a box truck or a flat bed. They’re smaller, more fuel efficient, and cheaper yet can fill most needs such as cargo capacity.

Low fuel prices, low taxes, and stupid tradition have kept the pickup as the go to in people’s minds in North America.
              So Joe Plumber should have multiple vehicles instead of one ?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Of course. Pickups have great utilitarian value in the right settings, like farms or for contractors. Primarily because of their versatility. You can haul equipment and tools in the bed of the truck, you can bumper tow lighter trailers, or haul your backhoe with a heavier gooseneck trailer. And you can haul five people in the passenger compartment.

I'm not going to pretend to get into the minds of Europeans and their car selection decision making process, but I have a hunch that the presence of fewer pickups in Europe has more to do with things like fuel prices and import fees than it does with whether a pickup would be the right tool for the job. It's been a long time since I drove in Europe, but the last time I did, most roads felt like bicycle paths. I felt squeezed driving a Mazda, so I can't imagine what it would feel like driving a full size pickup truck over there. I've always assumed that was the reason all of the delivery trucks in Europe were those tall, thin sprinter like vehicles rather than the squatter versions we're used to seeing over here.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• No comment necessary https://www.huffpost.com/entry/carl-...94c1c58d4a?atc
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) endorsed Carl Paladino's bid for a Buffalo-area congressional
                    That's all anyone need know. He has the full support of the entire Republican caucus.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• The only requirements for being accepted are complete and utter fealty to Donald Trump and keeping your fool mouth shut about coke-fueled parties.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        So you're on board, I take it.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

So you're on board, I take it.
                          At least he made the trains run on time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Probably plenty of baby formula too.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

The irony is, he didn't, and Mussolini didn't. The efficiency of fascist states is a myth. They are actually incredibly inefficient because they run on corruption and graft. Putin's Russia is a perfect example of a fascist state.

Arendt went into this in great detail in The Origins of Totalitarianism. Because fascism eschews rule of law for the cult of the leader, everyone steals and terrorizes the portion of the economic sector they have control over. The inner circle embezzle enormous amounts for their secret accounts to be used when time comes to pull the rip cord, the mid level steals to afford their villas and mistresses, and at the lowest level floor manager steals from his workers while workers steal from the factory or shop and turn in their neighbors for a fee.

Fascism is grossly inefficient even before taking into account the opportunity cost of losing the minds of intelligent people, not to mention the overhead of their pogroms. It has literally no redeeming feature.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• This is just as big a myth as the one about Hitler being a great military tactician. Sort of like the myths about Donald Trump being a great businessman and negotiator. The right likes to believe in a strongman because most of them know that where it should matter they themselves are weak. And trump has so many affectations similar to Mussolini it is scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X