Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - "Sequoia Research, LLC" is sending out mailers that look like they are a survey from your county or state. They aren't commissioned by your gov't at all, it's some partisan think thank mining for voter data. We just got one today. Shred them if you get them.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      FYI - "Sequoia Research, LLC" is sending out mailers that look like they are a survey from your county or state. They aren't commissioned by your gov't at all, it's some partisan think thank mining for voter data. We just got one today. Shred them if you get them.
      My HOA management company is named Sequoia.

I would have been very confused why they were asking about my politics.

Thank you for the tip.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Better yet, fill them out with incorrect data
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah I get fake voter data stuff weekly. It gets recycled right away.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Worst I get is push-polling that's so dumb not even a Republican would probably fall for it.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Worst I get is push-polling that's so dumb not even a Republican would probably fall for it.
              I got two questions into what was allegedly a "non-partisan" survey regarding Oakland County and suddenly they were asking how I felt about "Stand Your Ground" laws and red light traffic cams, neither of which are legislated at the county level (especially not the former). I didn't sense any pushing, but I'm still not giving them my data.

Comment

Minor upset in Iowa as retired Admiral Mike Franken beat former US Rep. Abby Finkenauer for the right to lose to Grassley this fall. I'd characterize it as personableness winning out over identity. Main thing Finkenauer had going for her was being a young female to contrast with Grassley. But between the unforced errors with her nominating petition, her ridiculous comments about the district judge in that case, and her ability to take even a simple "how's it going?" and respond with a political answer, and I think people were looking for an alternative.

No other surprises in the primary at the state level. The GOP overwhelmingly backed the establishment candidate over the 2 nutjobs to take on Axne in IA-3. The national pundits believe the district shifted right in redistricting, but it's going to come down to Polk and Dallas Counties same as ever. If Axne basically ties in Dallas and wins Polk by 40,000, it's over. If she wins Polk by 30,000 or less and loses Dallas by more than 10%, she'll be in trouble. Anything in between and it'll be close.

Comment

What are the odds Grassley loses? Close to zero?
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    What are the odds Grassley loses? Close to zero?
                    Yeah. Barring an unforseen event that shifts the electorate left, the Dems are clearly playing defense in Iowa this year. They'll be happy if they hold Axne's congressional seat and keep the state AG, Treasurer, and Auditor.

I think that's all doable, but I don't see any gains anywhere except for maybe a state house seat or two that got shifted closer to the urban centers due to redistricting.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Yeah. Barring an unforseen event that shifts the electorate left, the Dems are clearly playing defense in Iowa this year. They'll be happy if they hold Axne's congressional seat and keep the state AG, Treasurer, and Auditor.

I think that's all doable, but I don't see any gains anywhere except for maybe a state house seat or two that got shifted closer to the urban centers due to redistricting.
                      I figured. The cost of diesel and gas probably aren't helping either. I imagine that pushes a lot of land in Iowa further right.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I figured. The cost of diesel and gas probably aren't helping either. I imagine that pushes a lot of land in Iowa further right.
                        This is the case anywhere basically...

Gas prices are a cheap and VERY noticeable talking point that reaches EVERYONE, not just the FOX crowd. If the price is high, there will be a noticeable shift to the right for votes across the board. Not just hardcore, lifelong DERPS.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

This is the case anywhere basically...

Gas prices are a cheap and VERY noticeable talking point that reaches EVERYONE, not just the FOX crowd. If the price is high, there will be a noticeable shift to the right for votes across the board. Not just hardcore, lifelong DERPS.
                          Yes, but I would think it's especially true in Iowa vs. NYC.

Edit:
                          Actually, it's going to be true in at least three scenarios I can immediately think of. 1) Sparely populated. 2) economy driven by heavy machinery 3) generally conservative already

And #3 might be more of a critical mass thing than just a general shift, which you're right, is also true. But I would think that in more conservative areas, gas is just going to be one of those things that pushes someone over the edge as opposed to maybe a few % more likely to vote R than D.
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-08-2022, 09:17 AM.
                          Code:

Comment

I think that this will tip the scales right in Urban areas too (think purple areas). If you have a 30-60 minute commute everyday for work, you saw your fuel stops go from $30/week to $70+/week. That adds up. And like I mentioned, is noticeable to everyone....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Yeah, rural areas aren't impacted electorally because they already skewed heavily red.

It's the suburbs and exurbs full of upper middle class whites that gas prices and inflation will matter the most with.

Put into anecdotal context, I'm not shocked when the blue collar factory guys on my beer league team support Trump and bash the Dems at this point. But when the engineers and consultants and the like living in their Mcmansions join in, it's going to be a bad November.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                I think that this will tip the scales right in Urban areas too (think purple areas). If you have a 30-60 minute commute everyday for work, you saw your fuel stops go from $30/week to $70+/week. That adds up. And like I mentioned, is noticeable to everyone....
                                I play cards with a group of guys each week, and last week I commented about how it cost $75 to fill the tank of my wife's Chevy Impala, sort of in the range of what used to belong exclusively to pick up trucks and large SUV's. One of the other guys mentioned that he spent $35 to put gas in his Chevy Volt, which felt silly, since it's a hybrid. Finally, our buddy who is a commercial plumbing contractor said, "My truck has a 50 gallon tank." That ended the conversation.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X