Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Exactly - which perhaps is why baker is not running again. Odd that he is listed as one of the most popular governors in the country yet likely would get primaried out. The hope is that since mass has open primaries, enough independents choose Doughty.
    I might grab an R ballot just to vote against Diehl as well. I want nothing to do with any Republican at this point, however the lesson we all must learn from 2016 (and 2018 and 2020) is that the crazies sometimes win.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I might grab an R ballot just to vote against Diehl as well. I want nothing to do with any Republican at this point, however the lesson we all must learn from 2016 (and 2018 and 2020) is that the crazies sometimes win.
      I haven't voted in primaries for 20+ years but had Anthony Gonzales not have chickened out of running again in my OH district I might have done so just to vote for him. Once he voted to impeach trump his fate was sealed but had he had the stones to run again, I'd want to have someone win who at least knows that 1-6-22 was a series of treasonous acts against the country and trump had a role in it.

The difference between the republican party and the democratic party is the good guys fall on their sword even if they know they'd win the next election, like Al Franken, whereas the bad guys turn tail and run when facing the big bad wolf that is trump. And yes I know he says his family was threatened, but come on man, the entire country is threatened if trump or his minions win office anywhere in the land. I think the courageous thing to do, the AMERICAN thing to do is to stand and fight. Instead we are assured of a big lie promoting republican to run in the general election, and since Ohio is the land of gerrymandering, assured also to win in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I will very likely choose the R ballot in the primaries and vote for Doughty. While I won't agree with him on every policy position, he is presenting himself as someone who would be a competent leader, might provide a bit of a check and balance on the otherwise very blue legislature in Mass, and is not part of the crazy. If he were in the deep south, he would probably be a Democrat.

Comment

Minnesota could have a pretty interesting race to fill an empty seat in Congress. Jim Hagedorn (R) died a few months back, and there is a special election scheduled in August to fill his seat. Presumably then the winner will run as the incumbent in November. Yesterday they had a primary to narrow the field down from 20 or so candidates.

I don't think the Republican primary has been decided. It looks like a guy named Brad Finstad leads someone named Jeremy Munson by about 400 votes. Not sure of the recount rules.

Finstad apparently ran on a promise to "fire" Nancy Pelosi (haven't been able to find specifics on the proposal) and Munson ran on a promise to jail Dr. Fauci. Looks like Pelosi is hated in the district by at least 400 more people than Fauci is.

Whoever wins that contest will run against Jeff Ettinger for the Democrats. Ettinger recently retired as the CEO of Hormel Foods Corporation (yes, the makers of SPAM). Would he be the first former CEO of a Fortune 400 company to serve in Congress as a (D)?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Ettinger recently retired as the CEO of Hormel Foods Corporation (yes, the makers of SPAM).
            Once upon a time they also made "Potted Meat Food Product." Which I ate in college. And survived, likely because the alcohol killed any bacteria.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

SPAM is so loved here I once counted 12 different varieties on the shelf in a super-market. I just can't.

Comment

Spam is good heated up for breakfast. Subs in nicely for sausage or bacon. I like it when I've had it. However, I never buy it and it's not in my kitchen so it never became a thing with me. My relatives live in the Austin area of Minnesota so that's likely where I had it when I was a kid.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  SPAM is so loved here I once counted 12 different varieties on the shelf in a super-market. I just can't.
                  It's the national, sorry too soon, state food of Hawaii. Also Guam.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's the national, sorry too soon, state food of Hawaii. Also Guam.
                    "Hello operator, I'd like to make a collect call to Guam. Yes.....Guam"
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I'll eat Spam on trips to Hawaii, in the form of Spam musubi or fried as part of a loco moco plate. That's the only time and place I'll eat it. I've also had Taylor ham/pork roll and as far as processed loaves of meat go, I think I prefer that - it has a noticeably firmer texture. However, Taylor ham is loaded with sodium nitrate and oddly enough, Spam is not.

Comment

Ettinger’s campaign song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cdpsfBsN_Dg
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Are we going to talk about how weird it is that Trump is ordering his worshippers to nominate a cheap hooker to run for governor of Michigan disguised as a Dollar Store Gretchen Whitmer? It's such a creepy obsession.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Spam and eggs are good
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Spam is good heated up for breakfast. Subs in nicely for sausage or bacon. I like it when I've had it. However, I never buy it and it's not in my kitchen so it never became a thing with me. My relatives live in the Austin area of Minnesota so that's likely where I had it when I was a kid.
                              Not in my Kitchen either not would I eat now if served to me but when I could eat SAD(standard American Diet) I liked it fried.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I know who Chris Murphy has in the mid-terms. Democrats. And he even suggests that if you wan to do something about gun violence, you should vote for democrats too. In an interview on NPR this afternoon he said while this is congress' responsibility it is also VOTERS responsibility. He also plainly noted that if there were more democrats in the senate then they would pass something.

Do we need better politicians? Sure. But what we really need are better voters.

Comment

Working...
                                X