Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Policy Wonkiness is an instant negative for any politician. Lying to people and telling them they're going to be rich someday so Bezos needs a big taxcut always works.
    Bezos can write off the full amount of a super yacht on his taxes, yet a school teacher is capped at writing off only $250 in supplies bought for work.

Forget closing loopholes, just re-write the goddammed tax code.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Policy Wonkiness is an instant negative for any politician. Lying to people and telling them they're going to be rich someday so Bezos needs a big taxcut always works.
      If intelligence and attention to detail and honesty were positives for most Americans, Mike Dukakis would have been President.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Speaking of wonk. Stacey Abrams told the truth over the weekend. Stick a fork in her, she's done. Brian Kemp will be reelected.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politic...LQTUQT523Y6KQ/

Voters NEVER reward the truth. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Speaking of wonk. Stacey Abrams told the truth over the weekend. Stick a fork in her, she's done. Brian Kemp will be reelected.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politic...LQTUQT523Y6KQ/

Voters NEVER reward the truth. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.
          It's okay, she didn't tell the truth. Mississippi and Alabama are worse.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's okay, she didn't tell the truth. Mississippi and Alabama are worse.
            “I am tired of hearing about how we’re the best state in the country to do business when we are the worst state in the country to live," said Abrams before she acknowledged Republicans would attack her for the later part of that statement.

"Let me contextualize. When you’re No. 48 for mental health, when we’re No. 1 for maternal mortality, when you have an incarceration rate that is on the rise and wages are on the decline, then you are not the No. 1 place to live.”
            Close enough. She's done.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Close enough. She's done.
              Jesus, come on. This is getting old, even for you

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Jesus, come on. This is getting old, even for you
                Explain to me why I'm wrong? She will get punished for this over and over and over again. Meanwhile, nothing the Republicans ever do appears anywhere.

Comment

Instead of telling my five year old to suck a **** why don’t YOU go suck a **** https://www.boston.com/news/politics...p_featurestack
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Instead of telling my five year old to suck a **** why don’t YOU go suck a **** https://www.boston.com/news/politics...p_featurestack
                    Campbell, however, was unable to provide the Globe evidence of her claim.
                    It's so cute that the Globe thinks Republicans require evidence for anything. They do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Massachusetts has open primaries, so independents can pull a ballot for either party. Independents will without a doubt break for Chris Doughty (who is positioning himself as a moderate republican). Hopefully the independent vote will outweigh the crazy so that Diehl does not make it to the general.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Massachusetts has open primaries, so independents can pull a ballot for either party. Independents will without a doubt break for Chris Doughty (who is positioning himself as a moderate republican). Hopefully the independent vote will outweigh the crazy so that Diehl does not make it to the general.
                        Honestly, this race is Maura Healey's to lose. Diehl is a many-time loser (lost by 24 in 2018 to Elizabeth Warren) and his only claims to fame are getting an incredibly unpopular gas tax hike scheme eliminated via ballot initiative and then being the biggest Trumper in a state that went for Biden by 33% in 2020.

I don't know too much about Doughty, however I'm someone that follows MA politics and... shouldn't I know a lot more about him if he has a real chance?
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Honestly, this race is Maura Healey's to lose. Diehl is a many-time loser (lost by 24 in 2018 to Elizabeth Warren) and his only claims to fame are getting an incredibly unpopular gas tax hike scheme eliminated via ballot initiative and then being the biggest Trumper in a state that went for Biden by 33% in 2020.

I don't know too much about Doughty, however I'm someone that follows MA politics and... shouldn't I know a lot more about him if he has a real chance?
                          Agreed about it being Maura’s to lose.

Doughty is a south shore businessman positioning himself as the moderate alternative more in the mold of a Bill Weld or Charlie Baker. Who knows if he really has a chance or not.

My guess is that he would actually have a better chance in the general than the Republican primary since mass has a history of doing well with a democrat house and a moderate Republican gov.
                          Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-23-2022, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Agreed about it being Maura’s to lose.

Doughty is a south shore businessman positioning himself as the moderate alternative more in the mold of a Bill Weld or Charlie Baker. Who knows if he really has a chance or not.

My guess is that he would actually have a better chance in the general than the Republican primary since mass has a history of doing well with a democrat house and a moderate Republican gov.
                            Agreed with your guess, but I don't see even a Charlie Baker winning a GQP primary here right now. The already-small party in MA has gone completely bat****.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Have to agree with this assessment of Michigan.

This @abcnews
                              headline is part of the freaking problem. These Republicans are not “short of signatures,” they’re SUSPECTED OF FRAUD. I PROMISE you if it had been Democrats, ABC’s headline writers would have gotten it right. DO ****ING BETTER
                              https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1529104311187296257

This is the story headline.

Michigan GOP governor candidates short signatures

Michigan’s elections bureau says five Republican candidates for governor, including two leading contenders, failed to file enough valid nominating signatures and shouldn't qualify for the August primary

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Agreed with your guess, but I don't see even a Charlie Baker winning a GQP primary here right now. The already-small party in MA has gone completely bat****.
                                Exactly - which perhaps is why baker is not running again. Odd that he is listed as one of the most popular governors in the country yet likely would get primaried out. The hope is that since mass has open primaries, enough independents choose Doughty.

Comment

Working...
                                X