Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Some serious wishful thinking happening on CNN this morning. You have to be pretty naive not to realize racism is a net positive for Republicans in today’s America and think that voters aren’t going to hold Dems responsible for inflation and shortages. I think Republicans win governships in PA and ME with far right candidates over moderate Dems.
    I doubt Lepage wins but its certainly possible if people don't get out to vote. 6 dollar fuel oil isn't going to help Mills chances even though she has nothing to do with oil prices. Golden wins 2nd district, and Pingree in 1st.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Subscribed.

some great posts in this thread
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So IIRC LePage won the first time because there was a three-way split of the ballot, but he won re-election outright, right? I see no reason he wouldn't be a threat again. Collins won, and Maine seems to be Ohioing.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Lepage wins going away. The last thing Maine wants is a liberal in office.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Here in MI, it's Whitmer vs. the Dregs of Society, including a loudmouth chiropractor, a January 6 insurrectionist, and a talking suit who blames gas prices on Whitmer.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

He won with a plurality both times. The same independent, Eliot Cutter, was on the ballot receiving something like 35% and 9% in the two times he ran. Maine also now has ranked choice voting. LePage could certainly win but certainly not going away.
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-22-2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                So IIRC LePage won the first time because there was a three-way split of the ballot, but he won re-election outright, right? I see no reason he wouldn't be a threat again. Collins won, and Maine seems to be Ohioing.
                Both times he won before he ran against very mediocre candidates. Mills is both a strong candidate and has been a good governor but the tough decisions she has had to make during Covid will hurt her. On top of that people will vote against her because of inflation even though there really isn’t much she can do. Our housing is completely out of control right now. I think the school stuff drives a lot more votes than something like abortion too.

The group of voters I’ll be interested to watch is upper middle parents in southern maine. That really is the democrats base in Maine and if some of them go with LePage Mills will be in serious trouble.

Jared Golden will be Maine’s next Senator. Myself(and likely Walrus as well) love him but he rubs the hardcore democrats the wrong way.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Here in MI, it's Whitmer vs. the Dregs of Society, including a loudmouth chiropractor, a January 6 insurrectionist, and a talking suit who blames gas prices on Whitmer.
                  “The best way to describe [the Michigan GOP] is the Pridelands once Simba is gone and Scar and the hyenas have taken over,"
                  @jefftimmer
                  told me.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Lepage wins going away. The last thing Maine wants is a liberal in office.
                    I think he gets to 40% without a doubt but after that?? Again the wildcard is fuel prices and inflation, which I think I've been told on here neither matter.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

I think he gets to 40% without a doubt but after that?? Again the wildcard is fuel prices and inflation, which I think I've been told on here neither matter.
                      On the contrary. They matter more than anything else. That's why the Democrats continue to lose over and over and over again while Republicans always find a way to stay in power, even when they're not in power.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

They do, but the president, much less a governor, shouldn't get credit or blame for gas prices. Only a handful of things any person can do with immediate impact and that usually involves the strategic reserves.

Anyways, back in reality, yeah, inflation and fuel are going to determine this election.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

They do, but the president, much less a governor, shouldn't get credit or blame for gas prices. Only a handful of things any person can do with immediate impact and that usually involves the strategic reserves.

Anyways, back in reality, yeah, inflation and fuel are going to determine this election.
                          Rick Scott’s plan to raise taxes on everyone but the rich will really help out the voters concerned about inflation

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Rick Scott’s plan to raise taxes on everyone but the rich will really help out the voters concerned about inflation
                            Sad thing is, they don't even care about that.

Even sadder thing is, most of them don't even know a thing about it.

But if a Democrat even suggests anything, like maybe half a cent tax on every share of stock sold, Oh, the horror!!!!!
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Sad thing is, they don't even care about that.

Even sadder thing is, most of them don't even know a thing about it.

But if a Democrat even suggests anything, like maybe half a cent tax on every share of stock sold, Oh, the horror!!!!!
                              Agreed. Policy doesn't matter other than cruelty.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Policy Wonkiness is an instant negative for any politician. Lying to people and telling them they're going to be rich someday so Bezos needs a big taxcut always works.

Comment

Working...
                                X