Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turnout in my town seems to be extremely high. Lines to park, standing lines around the corner to enter the polls. Guy I know says the polling workers told him it had been like that all morning.

    Can 't really be an indicator of much, as my town is probably 50-50 young educated 'woke' folks, and old time rednecky MAGA types. Just that turnout should be high.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

    Comment


    • Just an FYI. Rebuilt my spreadsheet for forecasting and will be providing updates like I did in 2020. Any interest in this? Post in this thread or a dedicated?

      I'll be doing the senate races. ANy others people want?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Turnout in my town seems to be extremely high. Lines to park, standing lines around the corner to enter the polls. Guy I know says the polling workers told him it had been like that all morning.

        Can 't really be an indicator of much, as my town is probably 50-50 young educated 'woke' folks, and old time rednecky MAGA types. Just that turnout should be high.
        I was just about to come here to say Twitter is full of anecdotes of packed polling places, like seems to happen every year. And every year there’s no blue wave in any of the red areas these people report from. The latest one I saw was a lady in Alabama who said it was there was a long line when it’s usually empty for midterms.

        Makes me wonder how consistent people are in their time of day voting and if they’re just missing rush hour. The 2020 primary was far more packed than the 2018 mid terms from my experience. But I’m 1000% sure it’s because in 2020 I went in the morning versus after work in 2018.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

        1966, 1986, 2007

        Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Just an FYI. Rebuilt my spreadsheet for forecasting and will be providing updates like I did in 2020. Any interest in this? Post in this thread or a dedicated?

          I'll be doing the senate races. ANy others people want?
          Might need it...sounds like Pennsylvania won't know their winners for a few days.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • Sure, Jan.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

              I was just about to come here to say Twitter is full of anecdotes of packed polling places, like seems to happen every year. And every year there’s no blue wave in any of the red areas these people report from. The latest one I saw was a lady in Alabama who said it was there was a long line when it’s usually empty for midterms.

              Makes me wonder how consistent people are in their time of day voting and if they’re just missing rush hour. The 2020 primary was far more packed than the 2018 mid terms from my experience. But I’m 1000% sure it’s because in 2020 I went in the morning versus after work in 2018.
              The problem with anecdotes whether positive or negative is that they leave out all context. You gave a prime example of that.

              The more interesting things are the not so normal things that have showed up that are seemingly being ignored by the media and the prognosticators. Like the long lines waiting for early voting in some places. Election Day it is expected there will be lines, but seeing the videos out of some places days ago (some even a week ago) told me more than the current anecdotes. Seeing how early vote totals in some places (actually quite a few) surpassed the 2018 Midterms also tells me more than what the pundits are saying. (we wont get into when they compare it to 2020 to show depressed turnout...cause well gee 2020 had a major factor that caused massive early voting)

              None of that says the pundits and pollsters are wrong per se, things might be crashing and burning badly as we speak. But I can 100% tell you that the rhetoric by media types around here changed once the early vote totals started to show an uptick from the last midterm. The non-partisan pollsters I was reading were saying just a couple days ago that for the Dems to hold the House they only really need to overperform by like 2%...that isn't exactly like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro I believe in 2016 and 2020 Trump had to do something similar according to 538 the night before the elections.

              I know I harp on the idea that polls are worthless a lot but part of the reason is that there are just some things that even the best polls cannot account for. Lying is a big one and it seems to be prevalent these days. (along with just high levels of non-response) Early voting is another. They also try to ask such broad questions trying to gauge "interest" as much as "who are you going to vote for" almost as if they are asking the questions to the pundits can give vague answers so they are never wrong.
              Last edited by Handyman; 11-08-2022, 12:04 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Her speech last night was weird. It almost sounded like she expected to lose because she was harping on how it was rigged and they will fight it and blah blah blah. It was the type of speech you expect to hear when internal polling shows you are in trouble. And she wasn't sowing the seeds (she already did that) this seemed different.

                Again not saying she is gonna lose, just seems like she thinks she might.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • I am hearing the term split-ticket over and over again. Who in the **** votes split ticket nowadays? Democracy is on the ballot. Any vote for any R is a vote against Democracy. Period. Full stop.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                  Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                  Comment


                  • I’ve been very consistent that Dems shouldn’t have gotten involved in republican primaries https://www.boston.com/news/the-bost...1=hp_secondary
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I am hearing the term split-ticket over and over again. Who in the **** votes split ticket nowadays? Democracy is on the ballot. Any vote for any R is a vote against Democracy. Period. Full stop.
                      Yeah that is another sign that tells me the doom and gloom that has been peddled for the past few weeks is a bit overdone. That is a full on hedge.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • 16 incidents of voter intimidation already in nc

                        https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...Y5-Am_GU6AuEYw

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          16 incidents of voter intimidation already in nc

                          https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...Y5-Am_GU6AuEYw
                          Best comment.

                          This country needs UN election observers.
                          I agree. That's how ****ed up we are.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I am hearing the term split-ticket over and over again. Who in the **** votes split ticket nowadays? Democracy is on the ballot. Any vote for any R is a vote against Democracy. Period. Full stop.
                            Many people in a state with a legislature heavily tilted one way or another often will vote for the other party for Governor as a check and balance. (Use Massachusetts and a line of Republican governors as an example).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

                              Many people in a state with a legislature heavily tilted one way or another often will vote for the other party for Governor as a check and balance. (Use Massachusetts and a line of Republican governors as an example).
                              Yeah, I get that. And when Republicans pretended to give a **** about Democracy that was fine. It's not fine in 2022.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                              Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                              Comment


                              • People are lazy and easily fall back into patterns.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

                                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

                                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X