Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Since I don't have to deal with this very often, does the mileage deduction get indexed to the cost of gas at all?

    Edit: Nm, it's set on Jan 1. 58.5
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

      I play cards with a group of guys each week, and last week I commented about how it cost $75 to fill the tank of my wife's Chevy Impala, sort of in the range of what used to belong exclusively to pick up trucks and large SUV's. One of the other guys mentioned that he spent $35 to put gas in his Chevy Volt, which felt silly, since it's a hybrid. Finally, our buddy who is a commercial plumbing contractor said, "My truck has a 50 gallon tank." That ended the conversation.
      He also bills at $50/ hour.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

        I play cards with a group of guys each week, and last week I commented about how it cost $75 to fill the tank of my wife's Chevy Impala, sort of in the range of what used to belong exclusively to pick up trucks and large SUV's. One of the other guys mentioned that he spent $35 to put gas in his Chevy Volt, which felt silly, since it's a hybrid. Finally, our buddy who is a commercial plumbing contractor said, "My truck has a 50 gallon tank." That ended the conversation.
        A Ford Transit Van is listed at 24 MPG City and comes with the bonus of people not thinking you have a tiny p**is.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          A Ford Transit Van is listed at 24 MPG City and comes with the bonus of people not thinking you have a tiny p**is.
          He and his company build public wastewater treatment plants here in Minnesota and in Iowa. Most of the time when I've seen him working he is pulling a large gooseneck trailer loaded down with pumps and whatnot to his work sites. But I'll pass along the tip.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

            He and his company build public wastewater treatment plants here in Minnesota and in Iowa. Most of the time when I've seen him working he is pulling a large gooseneck trailer loaded down with pumps and whatnot to his work sites. But I'll pass along the tip.
            Then he should be using an efficient commercial truck for hauling instead of using a trailer and an inefficient pickup truck.

            Either way, he’s an idiot.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

              He and his company build public wastewater treatment plants here in Minnesota and in Iowa. Most of the time when I've seen him working he is pulling a large gooseneck trailer loaded down with pumps and whatnot to his work sites. But I'll pass along the tip.
              So, bills more than $50/hour.

              I weep for him.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by rufus View Post

                So, bills more than $50/hour.

                I weep for him.
                Only because he’s a dirty socialist taking government money right?
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Then he should be using an efficient commercial truck for hauling instead of using a trailer and an inefficient pickup truck.

                  Either way, he’s an idiot.
                  He is an idiot yet you have no idea what the guy hauls and how it gets on and off the trailer? TF F
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                  Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Then he should be using an efficient commercial truck for hauling instead of using a trailer and an inefficient pickup truck.

                    Either way, he’s an idiot.
                    I'm sure he's heartbroken over your opinion of him.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by walrus View Post

                      He is an idiot yet you have no idea what the guy hauls and how it gets on and off the trailer? TF F
                      If the guy is a plumber he’s an idiot for using a pickup as his work vehicle when something like a Transit Van is available and more efficient.

                      If he’s using a pickup and trailer to haul around large pumps instead of a more efficient commercial truck he’s a real fucking idiot.

                      I work in shipping, often with people loading thousands of pounds on and off trucks, and none them use a pickup with a trailer for a reason.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

                      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                        I'm sure he's heartbroken over your opinion of him.
                        More so than his unnecessarily large gas bill that he’ll charge to the people of Minnesota and Iowa all while he votes for Republicans who will cut the funding for water treatment that he lives off of?
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          If the guy is a plumber he’s an idiot for using a pickup as his work vehicle when something like a Transit Van is available and more efficient.

                          If he’s using a pickup and trailer to haul around large pumps instead of a more efficient commercial truck he’s a real fucking idiot.

                          I work in shipping, often with people loading thousands of pounds on and off trucks, and none them use a pickup with a trailer for a reason.
                          You literally have no idea what his hauling or towing needs are other than the extremely limited information that I have passed on in this thread. It may surprise you, high up on your forklift seat, that there are actually legitimate and efficient uses of pickup trucks and trailers in the contractor world, that your mother's panel van and a Peterbuilt aren't the only choices.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Since I don't have to deal with this very often, does the mileage deduction get indexed to the cost of gas at all?

                            Edit: Nm, it's set on Jan 1. 58.5
                            It does depend on the price of a gallon of gas. Theoretically it is supposed to reflect the cost of moving your vehicle one mile, be that the cost of fuel, the cost of tires, the cost of the next oil change. I would expect next year it will increase a little. Over the last few years I think it has been as high as $0.60/mile and as low as $0.55/mile.

                            Many of my coworkers drive a lot (I used to drive a lot doing this work in WI and MN, now my longest commute is the 19 miles between my home and my office, for which I can't claim tax free mileage $$$) and too many of them make the mistake of being impressed with the $800 dollar mileage checks dumped into their bank account. Especially the new ones. I remind them that they will change their oil 2 or three extra times a year, change their brakes twice as often, and buy a new set of 4 tires every year (that is ridiculously expensive) so even when gas was $2.50 a gallon, don't be too fooled by the mileage checks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Only because he’s a dirty socialist taking government money right?
                              No no no. That's how you get rich.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                If the guy is a plumber he’s an idiot for using a pickup as his work vehicle when something like a Transit Van is available and more efficient.

                                If he’s using a pickup and trailer to haul around large pumps instead of a more efficient commercial truck he’s a real fucking idiot.

                                I work in shipping, often with people loading thousands of pounds on and off trucks, and none them use a pickup with a trailer for a reason.
                                Name some "more efficient" commercial trucks, remember to factor in that he may use the pickup for more than just hauling trailers. Get your accountant involved with the answer also, you know how much does that "more efficient" truck cost, maintenance cost etc.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X