Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Has McMullen said who he'd caucus with if he wins?
    I'd say even if he caucuses with the GOP, I think that's still marginally better than Lee, a traitor.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • Lee has dreams of running for President too, so it would be a good thing to kill that in its tracks.

      Being the highest office holding Libertarian in history would make McMullin the de facto head of Libertarianism, and his brand isn't nearly as horrible as some of them. There's a bizarre strain of Libertarianism that is fundamentalist (I guess they didn't get the memo about church and state) and that needs to be purged. And then there's the Paul family racket that has been exposed.
      Last edited by Kepler; 10-13-2022, 02:18 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • I think most self-styled Libertarians are Federalists wearing a different uniform. Claiming that it's a libertarian position to overturn Roe because of "states rights", to me, is the tell. It's not promoting liberty to allow large swaths of people to limit the ... liberties ... of other swaths of people. It's not counter to liberty to assert certain rights are national.

        But the right has twisted "freedom" to mean "freedom for me to do as I want, but **** you".
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          I think most self-styled Libertarians are Federalists wearing a different uniform. Claiming that it's a libertarian position to overturn Roe because of "states rights", to me, is the tell. It's not promoting liberty to allow large swaths of people to limit the ... liberties ... of other swaths of people. It's not counter to liberty to assert certain rights are national.

          But the right has twisted "freedom" to mean "freedom for me to do as I want, but **** you".
          Nah, mostly it’s “freedom for me to do as I want, SO I can **** you.”
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

          Comment


          • The Federalists are just the usual conservative swine who want to reduce the world to a feudal state with their rich buddies in charge. If they have any moral pretensions they are the ones of Bastiat who equates the pursuit of wealth with moral purity and the protection of the poor with perversion of the nature of mankind. 90% of them are witting hacks hired by billionaires to justify their hoarding of wealth in the face of poverty. The other 10% are Catholic authoritarians like Alito.

            But, again, preferable to the mouthbreeder Dumpy Nazis.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              The Federalists are just the usual conservative swine who want to reduce the world to a feudal state with their rich buddies in charge. If they have any moral pretensions they are the ones of Bastiat who equates the pursuit of wealth with moral purity and the protection of the poor with perversion of the nature of mankind. 90% of them are witting hacks hired by billionaires to justify their hoarding of wealth in the face of poverty. The other 10% are Catholic authoritarians like Alito.

              But, again, preferable to the mouthbreeder Dumpy Nazis.
              Alito is preferable to no one. The Alito’s of the world, (mostly) not the Trump’s, are the ones who’ll bring this country down in the end. I shame intelligent people more than stupid ones. They generally know better.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The Federalists are just the usual conservative swine who want to reduce the world to a feudal state with their rich buddies in charge. If they have any moral pretensions they are the ones of Bastiat who equates the pursuit of wealth with moral purity and the protection of the poor with perversion of the nature of mankind. 90% of them are witting hacks hired by billionaires to justify their hoarding of wealth in the face of poverty. The other 10% are Catholic authoritarians like Alito.

                But, again, preferable to the mouthbreeder Dumpy Nazis.
                Alito isn't preferrable to anyone. He lacks both the humor and personality of Scalia's writing while being an outcome-driven partisan hack on par with an elected state judge. At least Scalia's philosophy remained generally consistent even when it led him to side with the liberals. He was a bigger safeguard of the 4th amendment than anyone this side of Sotomayor.

                Comment


                • This entire tree of threads, but particularly this post, have officially made me worry about MN statewides


                  https://twitter.com/coldpie1/status/...z6-wtuV5JxrY7Q
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • NBC did an interview about Fetterman and made it all about how he asked for there to be closed captions. Seems like they did it only to focus on his stroke. Now the coverage has moved to “will PA be comfortable with a disabled senator?”

                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                    1966, 1986, 2007

                    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      This entire tree of threads, but particularly this post, have officially made me worry about MN statewides


                      https://twitter.com/coldpie1/status/...z6-wtuV5JxrY7Q
                      Those people are representing people that weren't voting for Walz anyways they are just pretending it's over the bs reasons. They are just playing it up so they don't get embarrassed.

                      I doubt it means much. That said those ****wits aren't worth talking to about politics.

                      Edit: they remind me of the 1%of Bernie voters that were Bernie or bust. How did that work out for them?
                      Last edited by Handyman; 10-13-2022, 10:14 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        This entire tree of threads, but particularly this post, have officially made me worry about MN statewides


                        https://twitter.com/coldpie1/status/...z6-wtuV5JxrY7Q
                        That thread is a mess.

                        I literally just texted one of my besties, who …has a job where they know where all the races are. I asked if dems were in trouble in statewide races and their response was “below waltz, maybe yes”

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                          That thread is a mess.

                          I literally just texted one of my besties, who …has a job where they know where all the races are. I asked if dems were in trouble in statewide races and their response was “below waltz, maybe yes”
                          Mess is an understatement. I had to stop my responding to it...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • RoJo's debate did not go great...

                            https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...mrDSOcgVA&s=19
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Damnit I couldn't help myself and went after the "progressives" who would rather let Jensen win than vote for Walz because they are White Privileged ****wits that never have to deal with the consequences. I blame the booze I drank ;^)
                              Last edited by Handyman; 10-14-2022, 03:11 AM.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Tudor Dixon didn't really debate last night. She just repeated Trump and DeVos talking points.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X