Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    It'll be close again but a lot of number folks up here have talked about the odds getting way better for Peltola in a general vs a primary.

    Also, Begich and Palin are fighting each other pretty hard. Not a great strategy in RCV elections.
    I believe you were telling us she had almost no money or name recognition prior to the special election...now she is pretty well known. And Palin is still Valley Trash ;^)

    Kep,

    Yeah that is Godzilla...its a pretty hilarious scene in context!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

      I guess they kinda have to, right? Delegation of 3 means you take your chance or wait 20 years. There's no moving to the next district or waiting for a friendly redraw.

      I suspect single district Congressional elections are fought to the death.
      Wouldn't know, Don Young pretty much killed everyone for 40 years.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

        I believe you were telling us she had almost no money or name recognition prior to the special election...now she is pretty well known. And Palin is still Valley Trash ;^)

        Kep,

        Yeah that is Godzilla...its a pretty hilarious scene in context!
        Peltola will likely see some more support from the Native Corps as well, especially since it looks like Murkowski is in good shape.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          Are any still alive?

          (Actually, one is, my brother's squeeze, a 70+ hippie Jew from the Island who has lived in SF for 40 years and still has an accent like a razor blade slicing through a puppy's scrotum).
          The one thing that smells worse than a loving hippie is a dead hippie
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

            The one thing that smells worse than a loving hippie is a dead hippie
            It's a tie.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Center right took over from center left in Sweden.

              just sayin’
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

              Comment


              • Chris Sununu, who many view as one of the last remaining “moderate” Republicans, is on the record saying he’ll endorse crazy fucking election-denier Senate candidate Don Bolduc over Democrat Maggie Hassan, should he win the primary against Sununu’s current man, Chuck Morse. Seems very moderate in the same vein as Peter Meijer. Fuck all of them.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by psych View Post
                  Chris Sununu, who many view as one of the last remaining “moderate” Republicans, is on the record saying he’ll endorse crazy fucking election-denier Senate candidate Don Bolduc over Democrat Maggie Hassan, should he win the primary against Sununu’s current man, Chuck Morse. Seems very moderate in the same vein as Peter Meijer. Fuck all of them.
                  Sununu is a member of that crime family from NH that has always been craven and will do anything for power. He was "moderate" only in the sense that Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, or Mitch McConnell are. They will use an insane ideology to smash and grab, but they do not themselves subscribe to any ideology.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Center right took over from center left in Sweden.

                    just sayin’
                    That "center right" includes a neo-Nazi party that got 21% of the vote.

                    So, pretty much exactly the GOP. There are stupid and sick people even in Sweden.

                    Just sayin'.


                    Last edited by Kepler; 09-12-2022, 11:08 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                      Sununu is a member of that crime family from NH that has always been craven and will do anything for power. He was "moderate" only in the sense that Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, or Mitch McConnell are. They will use an insane ideology to smash and grab, but they do not themselves subscribe to any ideology.
                      That’s what makes people like Sununu terrifying. How do New Englanders, so craven in their liberal righteousness, continually vote for people like Sununu and Baker? It’s been going on forever, and I can only think it’s because they’re liberal culturally, but fiscally conservative, which is about as hypocritical and bullsh-t as it gets.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by psych View Post

                        That’s what makes people like Sununu terrifying. How do New Englanders, so craven in their liberal righteousness, continually vote for people like Sununu and Baker? It’s been going on forever, and I can only think it’s because they’re liberal culturally, but fiscally conservative, which is about as hypocritical and bullsh-t as it gets.
                        It's not liberals. There are plenty of racists and ignoramuses in New England.

                        In every place, there are losers. And those losers who become butthurt and blame everyone else but themselves for losing are called "conservatives."

                        They will always be with us, as there will always be people who are below the mean, inept, and ready to evade their personal responsibility.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                          It's not liberals. There are plenty of racists and ignoramuses in New England.

                          In every place, there are losers. And those losers who become butthurt and blame everyone else but themselves for losing are called "conservatives."

                          They will always be with us, as there will always be people who are below the mean, inept, and ready to evade their personal responsibility.
                          Nah. Liberals in Massachusetts loved Baker more than Republicans by a country mile. He didn’t win re-election with ONLY Republican votes in a state that went for Biden by 33%.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by psych View Post

                            Nah. Liberals in Massachusetts loved Baker more than Republicans by a country mile. He didn’t win re-election with ONLY Republican votes in a state that went for Biden by 33%.
                            Well, I'm not counting MA. They're just morons.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by psych View Post

                              That’s what makes people like Sununu terrifying. How do New Englanders, so craven in their liberal righteousness, continually vote for people like Sununu and Baker? It’s been going on forever, and I can only think it’s because they’re liberal culturally, but fiscally conservative, which is about as hypocritical and bullsh-t as it gets.
                              But he looks so non-threatening.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                              Comment


                              • Some food for thought.
                                • NH is a little ol' piece of Alabama in most places outside Nashua and Manchester.
                                • Sununu is absolutely typical of the "moderate" republican that will grudgingly do the wrong thing because party.
                                • Baker is an exception to the above point. In 2016 and 2020 he refused to attend the GQP convention and refused to endorse Trump. Seriously, he'd be a moderate Dem in like 25-30 states.
                                • MA loves moderate Republican governors, but to be fair the competition hasn't always been great; either the candidate is a complete idiot (2014 Martha Coakley), a horrible campaigner (2002 Shannon O'Biren), even more to the right than the Republican (1990 John Silber) or complete also-rans (pretty much everyone else except Deval Patrick). Baker might have won again in 2022 but the state GQP decided it would rather have a loser than Baker and nominated election-denying Jeff Diehl, who's about to be massacred by Democrat and current-AG Maura Healey.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X